A New Lambeau Field Chant.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What drives a player on the field? The love of the game?

Or an inspiration directed directly toward that player?

I think it might be the latter.

Here is a chant I would love to hear Packer Fans, in unison, chant after every pass Greg Jennings catches. It has a great rhythm, and it will be so appropriate in Green Bay, a small town, family oriented community that s blessed with an N.F.L. Team.

The Chant...... "Ah-MY-Ya!" "Ah-My-YA!" "Ah-My-Ya!"

A-Rod deep to Jennings.... Touchdown. The Packer Fans chant...
"Ah-My-Ya!" "Ah-My-Ya!" "Ah-My-Ya!"

Let him know what drove him to make that catch. Let him know what drives him at home, drives him on the turf to succeed, for "Ah-My-Yah!"

"When she takes a nap, dad takes a nap. When she gets up, dad gets up. This is our play time," Jennings said, distracted and laughing intermittently at his daughter, Amya (pronounced Ah-My-Ya), playing in the background. "Sometimes I need to take a nap and she's up. I try to eliminate all the mommy time."

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2008/01/rising_to_greatness_home_fathe.html

Edit: How can you not love this guy. As a Packer and as a person.

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both of those would be great chants to hear, and I am sure it would fuel him to make the catches that we all know he can make and not make some of the drops he had last year. Greg is an outstanding player and with DD getting targeted every game(and why shouldn't he be so what if he hand under 5 td's last year) Greg gives A-rod another great target. Or just maybe defenses will learn from the season and start double covering Greg which will leave Donald open down the field.

josdin00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. I have a daughter, and hearing a stadium full of drunks and over-crazed fans chanting my daughter's name would kinda creep me out. So many professional athletes want to keep their families out of the public eye, especially those players who are truely devoted to their families. That might not be the best choice of cheer.

Just start yelling "free beer if you win!" That always works for me in bar-league volleyball.

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. I have a daughter, and hearing a stadium full of drunks and over-crazed fans chanting my daughter's name would kinda creep me out. So many professional athletes want to keep their families out of the public eye, especially those players who are truely devoted to their families. That might not be the best choice of cheer.

You know I didn't think about it that way...that would be kind of creepy. I know the packer players are tight with the fans but I think that might be crossing the line. I mean they still deserve to have private lives and their family should be part of that.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just start yelling "free beer if you win!" That always works for me in bar-league volleyball.
yeah now i like that :packbeer:

Members online

Latest posts