A new beginning

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears game is over and is now strongly inserted into the lost column. All week long we've all documented the problems the Packers have, and as dismal as it might look, I want to believe that there is still hope. Great players get the rep as great players because they make plays. There are numerous guys in the NFL that were judged by others as being weak who turned out to be fine players. No one ever expected Fuzzy Thurston to be what he was. No one expected Willy Wood would ever be a hall of famer in his early years.....and the list goes on and on. I wonder whether guys like Spitz, Wells Colledge, and Moll will one day become a really good line? I wonder if Blackmon will one day be an all-star type player or whether Collins can turn into that type of player too. There was one scout in the journal this morning who actually thought that Ingle Martin was a better athlete than Aaron Rogers. My point here is that it's not what an expert thinks, it's not what we think it's what players do that determines whether they're great or not. I hope that after today's game we can start talking about the high upside of some of our players rather than what failure they are and how bad of a job TT has done in providing us with talent. All I can say is, "come on Packers, give us reason to feel there is a future".

Let's name a few of those players that went on to become superstars that weren't drafted high or weren't thought to be great coming out of college. I'm thinking Montanna was a third round choice, Bart Starr was a 15th round choice I believe. Didn't Johnny Unitas get cut? I think Denver is starting a non-drafted rookie at running back. Who are some others?

Members online

Latest posts