A Need?? To Play A ROD

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
OK, can we 86 the "you're not a real packer fan if you say something that might be considered to be non-complimentary of Brett Favre" comments? He's 1/52 of the team for pete's sake!

Someone can blast brett to kingdom come...maybe they're right, maybe they're totally off their rocker, but it doesn't make them any less of a packer fan.

I don't know who you are talking about, except the couple of Bear fans that hang out here, bottom line, losing breeds losing, which is what we will definately be doing by sitting Brett.

The Offense is showing improvement every week, if the defense catches on, these close losses will turn into wins.

Not kissing Brett's a-- here just stating the obvious that Brett is our best chance to win!!!!

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
musccy said:
OK, can we 86 the "you're not a real packer fan if you say something that might be considered to be non-complimentary of Brett Favre" comments? He's 1/52 of the team for pete's sake!

Someone can blast brett to kingdom come...maybe they're right, maybe they're totally off their rocker, but it doesn't make them any less of a packer fan.

I don't know who you are talking about, except the couple of Bear fans that hang out here, bottom line, losing breeds losing, which is what we will definately be doing by sitting Brett.

The Offense is showing improvement every week, if the defense catches on, these close losses will turn into wins.

Not kissing Brett's a-- here just stating the obvious that Brett is our best chance to win!!!!

And again, I ask what is the significance of winning one or two more games when your team is in a developmental state? And please knock off the "Brett could be a starter on 10 other teams stuff" he'd be BENCHED anywhere else in the NFL for tossing up 29ints and fumbling away games.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you so nicely put it earlier"quit living in the past".
Take your unwanted and football ignorant statements to the smack area where they belong or better yet just go away, your posts add 0 value to this forum.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
buckeye...you're right, brett is our best chance to win, i don't think ppl are arguing that. Going back to the original topic, though, if the season were lost, e.g. 3-10 or something...would you play AR more? I certainly wouldn't start him, but I think I'd seriously look at putting him in for half a quarter.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
Take your unwanted and football ignorant statements to the smack area where they belong or better yet just go away, your posts add 0 value to this forum.

my sentiments EXACTLY, buckeye!! :D

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Personally, I get frustrated when people continuously rip Brett. To me he is above criticism. He has earned that. What do you want me to say?

Maybe when everyone is able to look at every player on this team objectively we can start doing what is necessary to get back to being a winning franchise. IMO, that cannot occur as long as we're more interested in doing what is best for one player.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that "one" player can still play, and I think they should have built a good team around Brett which they did not do...

Brett has earned that respect Lare...

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus that's the one great thing about being a fan. We have our heroes and don't have to look at them objectively. If I did that would take the joy out of sports for me.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Maybe when everyone is able to look at every player on this team objectively we can start doing what is necessary to get back to being a winning franchise. IMO, that cannot occur as long as we're more interested in doing what is best for one player.

If TT was doing "what is best" for Brett Favre, he would not have ignored the FA and we would have more depth at the WR position, at least one all-star guard and a running game.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is probably more effective to bring in 3 rookies than a Pro Bowl G for the Pack. They are rebuilding, right? So far, the line looks like it has great potential. We have a solid WR tandem, and a quality 3rd in Robinson. A RB is a necessity now, but Green should have been given the benefit of the doubt for this season.

I don't understand how anyone can knock Favre, saying he would be a backup. He had one poor season out of 14, and had mostly injuries to the other top offensive players during that. And I love the objective comment someone made earlier. It takes all the fun out to root for them.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Plus that's the one great thing about being a fan. We have our heroes and don't have to look at them objectively. If I did that would take the joy out of sports for me.

ahhh...there's my country boy - couldn't agree more, kiddo.

let the man play out what is probably his final season in the NFL! let him go out with at least that much dignity because YES, he FRIGGIN EARNED IT!!!!!

ban me if you must but those are my honest feelings.

Reaction score
4packgirl said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

let the man play out what is probably his final season in the NFL! let him go out with at least that much dignity because YES, he FRIGGIN EARNED IT!!!!!

I'd have to get banned too because I agree with both of you. (We can be the cool group on pf.com 8) lol )

A part of my doesn't give a damn what is best for the Packers, I saw Favre play when I was younger but at this age I realize what he brings. It is fun to watch him, even at this stage, and this is one of the times where I can't help but think it's alright to be selfish and wish for this player to give us one last round of highlights.

That is why this season is so much more enjoyable on a personal level, to see this guy just go out there and do his thing in one last round. I have honestly thought to myself of how I would have loved to watch him play at Lambeau, but alas I'll gladly settle for the guy fitting onto my tv screen and giving one final curtain call. :D

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Currently weare ranked 5th in the league in offense. Would someone please tell me why we are in need of change???

Let's fix the "d" and win some games!

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
4packgirl said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

I'd have to get banned too because I agree with both of you. (We can be the cool group on pf.com 8) lol )

A part of my doesn't give a damn what is best for the Packers, I saw Favre play when I was younger but at this age I realize what he brings. It is fun to watch him, even at this stage, and this is one of the times where I can't help but think it's alright to be selfish and wish for this player to give us one last round of highlights.

That is why this season is so much more enjoyable on a personal level, to see this guy just go out there and do his thing in one last round. I have honestly thought to myself of how I would have loved to watch him play at Lambeau, but alas I'll gladly settle for the guy fitting onto my tv screen and giving one final curtain call. :D

Although I don't agree with them, these are the type of posts I can respect. Forget the excuses, forget the made-up reasons for not playing Rodgers. Just admit that this season is all about giving Brett one last fling and a chance at the record books, regardless of the final W/L record.

IMO, if TT would have come out and said this at the beginning of the year he would have gotten a lot more understanding, patience and respect from all the fans than what he has doing it the way he has. And until he learns that, he will never be a successful GM in the NFL.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson and McCarthy asked Brett Favre to return to the Packers this season for one reason: So he could be our starting QB. So he is going to be our starting QB, and should be our starting QB, unless he is injured or his play clearly declines to the point where someone else would give us a better chance of winning games. If and when the team is out of playoff contention, I could see giving Rodgers a little time late in games, but other than that, Favre is the guy in 2006.

It might be nice for Rodgers to get more experience this year, but it is not going to make or break him. Phillip Rivers rode the bench in San Diego for two years, and he's playing great this year. He was ready to step in when he got the call.

I admit that if Favre returns in 2007, this question could get a little stickier. But for now, I don't see it as much of an issue, and it's worth noting that the only journalists who seem to be bringing it up are national sportswriters who can't think of anything else to write about the Packers.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Thompson and McCarthy asked Brett Favre to return to the Packers this season for one reason: So he could be our starting QB. So he is going to be our starting QB, and should be our starting QB, unless he is injured or his play clearly declines to the point where someone else would give us a better chance of winning games. If and when the team is out of playoff contention, I could see giving Rodgers a little time late in games, but other than that, Favre is the guy in 2006.

It might be nice for Rodgers to get more experience this year, but it is not going to make or break him. Phillip Rivers rode the bench in San Diego for two years, and he's playing great this year. He was ready to step in when he got the call.

I admit that if Favre returns in 2007, this question could get a little stickier. But for now, I don't see it as much of an issue, and it's worth noting that the only journalists who seem to be bringing it up are national sportswriters who can't think of anything else to write about the Packers.

I completely agree with Greg.
The only thing I would like to add, is, when they do put Rodgers in late in a game, let him play like he is trying to win the game, not just be a hand off machine killing time.
Put him in and call the game like it's the first drive and the score is 0-0.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The new titleholder of the whiniest poster on Packerforum.com!

You priceless comments like “just go away!” and “this is a PACKER forum” add a depth and insight that should be admired by all! I can’t wait till you actually have something to say about football.

Yuk!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Phil's defence, he seems to always be interested in what is going on in Packer Land !!!

But that killer clown phil, geez, I am going have nightmares :rubeyes:

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there really a 3 page thread about whether we should start A-Rod over Brett? Is this real?

Members online

Latest posts