1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

A Need?? To Play A ROD

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JbShell, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I don't know who you are talking about, except the couple of Bear fans that hang out here, bottom line, losing breeds losing, which is what we will definately be doing by sitting Brett.

The Offense is showing improvement every week, if the defense catches on, these close losses will turn into wins.

Not kissing Brett's a-- here just stating the obvious that Brett is our best chance to win!!!!

2. BearPerspective

BearPerspective Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And again, I ask what is the significance of winning one or two more games when your team is in a developmental state? And please knock off the "Brett could be a starter on 10 other teams stuff" he'd be BENCHED anywhere else in the NFL for tossing up 29ints and fumbling away games.

3. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As you so nicely put it earlier"quit living in the past".
    Take your unwanted and football ignorant statements to the smack area where they belong or better yet just go away, your posts add 0 value to this forum.

4. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    buckeye...you're right, brett is our best chance to win, i don't think ppl are arguing that. Going back to the original topic, though, if the season were lost, e.g. 3-10 or something...would you play AR more? I certainly wouldn't start him, but I think I'd seriously look at putting him in for half a quarter.

5. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    my sentiments EXACTLY, buckeye!! :D

6. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe when everyone is able to look at every player on this team objectively we can start doing what is necessary to get back to being a winning franchise. IMO, that cannot occur as long as we're more interested in doing what is best for one player.

7. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well that "one" player can still play, and I think they should have built a good team around Brett which they did not do...

Brett has earned that respect Lare...

8. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Plus that's the one great thing about being a fan. We have our heroes and don't have to look at them objectively. If I did that would take the joy out of sports for me.

9. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If TT was doing "what is best" for Brett Favre, he would not have ignored the FA and we would have more depth at the WR position, at least one all-star guard and a running game.

10. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Enough.

Quit it, or else.

11. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is probably more effective to bring in 3 rookies than a Pro Bowl G for the Pack. They are rebuilding, right? So far, the line looks like it has great potential. We have a solid WR tandem, and a quality 3rd in Robinson. A RB is a necessity now, but Green should have been given the benefit of the doubt for this season.

I don't understand how anyone can knock Favre, saying he would be a backup. He had one poor season out of 14, and had mostly injuries to the other top offensive players during that. And I love the objective comment someone made earlier. It takes all the fun out to root for them.

12. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ahhh...there's my country boy - couldn't agree more, kiddo.

let the man play out what is probably his final season in the NFL! let him go out with at least that much dignity because YES, he FRIGGIN EARNED IT!!!!!

ban me if you must but those are my honest feelings.

13. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd have to get banned too because I agree with both of you. (We can be the cool group on pf.com 8) lol )

A part of my doesn't give a damn what is best for the Packers, I saw Favre play when I was younger but at this age I realize what he brings. It is fun to watch him, even at this stage, and this is one of the times where I can't help but think it's alright to be selfish and wish for this player to give us one last round of highlights.

That is why this season is so much more enjoyable on a personal level, to see this guy just go out there and do his thing in one last round. I have honestly thought to myself of how I would have loved to watch him play at Lambeau, but alas I'll gladly settle for the guy fitting onto my tv screen and giving one final curtain call. :D

14. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Currently weare ranked 5th in the league in offense. Would someone please tell me why we are in need of change???

Let's fix the "d" and win some games!

15. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Although I don't agree with them, these are the type of posts I can respect. Forget the excuses, forget the made-up reasons for not playing Rodgers. Just admit that this season is all about giving Brett one last fling and a chance at the record books, regardless of the final W/L record.

IMO, if TT would have come out and said this at the beginning of the year he would have gotten a lot more understanding, patience and respect from all the fans than what he has doing it the way he has. And until he learns that, he will never be a successful GM in the NFL.

16. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thompson and McCarthy asked Brett Favre to return to the Packers this season for one reason: So he could be our starting QB. So he is going to be our starting QB, and should be our starting QB, unless he is injured or his play clearly declines to the point where someone else would give us a better chance of winning games. If and when the team is out of playoff contention, I could see giving Rodgers a little time late in games, but other than that, Favre is the guy in 2006.

It might be nice for Rodgers to get more experience this year, but it is not going to make or break him. Phillip Rivers rode the bench in San Diego for two years, and he's playing great this year. He was ready to step in when he got the call.

I admit that if Favre returns in 2007, this question could get a little stickier. But for now, I don't see it as much of an issue, and it's worth noting that the only journalists who seem to be bringing it up are national sportswriters who can't think of anything else to write about the Packers.

17. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I completely agree with Greg.
    The only thing I would like to add, is, when they do put Rodgers in late in a game, let him play like he is trying to win the game, not just be a hand off machine killing time.
    Put him in and call the game like it's the first drive and the score is 0-0.

18. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    The new titleholder of the whiniest poster on Packerforum.com!

You priceless comments like “just go away!” and “this is a PACKER forum” add a depth and insight that should be admired by all! I can’t wait till you actually have something to say about football.

Yuk!

19. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    why are all the bears fans more interested in the packers than their own team?

20. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    On Phil's defence, he seems to always be interested in what is going on in Packer Land !!!

But that killer clown phil, geez, I am going have nightmares :rubeyes:

21. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there really a 3 page thread about whether we should start A-Rod over Brett? Is this real?

22. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He'll play when Favre retires.

In 2010.