A lot of people owe Brett an apology

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously no one here but there's a lot of people in the media and other fans who owe Brett an apology. Remember last year when he said " This is the most talented team he's ever been on" and everyone started laughing at him and thought he was looney. What no one cared to listen too is he said they were the most talented not the best. It's kind of nice that Favre can stick it to all the doubters who now are all wondering where this 4-0 Packer team came from. Well maybe all they had to do was actually listen to Brett last year

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously no one here but there's a lot of people in the media and other fans who owe Brett an apology. Remember last year when he said " This is the most talented team he's ever been on" and everyone started laughing at him and thought he was looney. What no one cared to listen too is he said they were the most talented not the best. It's kind of nice that Favre can stick it to all the doubters who now are all wondering where this 4-0 Packer team came from. Well maybe all they had to do was actually listen to Brett last year

You're too nice. There are a few people here who have been ******* on him all off-season, including someone who still has Favre-bashing in their sig.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for Free Speech. But when all the stats, the victories, and the game balls still can't make them accept Favre is still good, I don't know what can. IIRC, he got 3 of the 4 game balls.

And once again, after 4 games:
Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
Brett Favre 170 112 1205 65.9 7.1 8 4.7 2 1.2 57 8 50 97.3

The amazing thing is everyone and their Grandma knows he's going to pass and they still can't stop him.

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As amazing as his stats were and the people who doubted him I was refering more to the reporters who all laughed after that opening press conference last year when he made those comments and now they all act as if no one could of seen this teams outburst coming. Looking back even I thought Brett was making up stuff to give himself hope but now we know he knew what he was talking about. Problem was no one could seperate talent from great. I had to explain to a lot of friends how the most talented doesn't always mean the best. This year we're starting to see that talent and experience coming together

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett's fans (including myself) do not need an apology but I understand where you are coming from after all the needless Brett bashing over the last couple of years.

I am sure that Brett's positive phone calls from guys like Marino, the Mannings, Brady etc mean a lot more to him than what some stupid sports writer's or bloggers have had to say. Guys like Bradshaw and Mooch publicly stating that Brett is the best they have ever seen I am sure means more to him than what a "few" of us arm chair quarter backs have said.

Again, I hear where you are coming from but don't worry about Brett as when he finally goes to the hall of fame and receives the praise from all of his "Peers" who know the game inside and out; the reporters will have no choice but to write glowing articles left and right and many, if not all; will have changed opinions.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could have went either way, and i'd have to be apologizing. But i was one that said i thought he still had "it". So far, he has proved that i was correct on my assesment. Hopefully he will keep it up all season!

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year was kind of weird. It's like this year Brett's a new guy. Last year he was making just horrible descisions and it got pretty bad. This year, he rarely ever makes dumb throws! I am very grateful hes back on track and doing very good!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could have went either way, and i'd have to be apologizing. But i was one that said i thought he still had "it". So far, he has proved that i was correct on my assesment. Hopefully he will keep it up all season!

Cheesey,

I am not sure how plausible it is to "keep up" to his current passer rating when you are passing so much that you are currently ranked 2cnd in total passing yards (170 attempts). I would like to think you are right but am inclined to think that it will be near to impossible to not start getting some picks when you are throwing so much.

Bottom line- Brett is currently averaging just over 300 yards per game for Eight TD's and Two picks for a rating of 97.3 %. I would love to see him keep it up but if these numbers do drop a bit; I don't think we should be too surprised.

Post Note- Not looking for a debate with you cheesey, just looking to get ready for the few out there who will be looking for "anything" to bash Brett if they get the chance.

Cheers Cheesey Man :packbeer:

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, my point of the thread wasn't for the Favre doubters to eat crow, cause we have had those threads. My point has more to do with the article Zero was so good to post. Many of us thought that quote of it being his most talented team was crazy, that's all. We all knew Favre himself would be ok. Well most of us anyway

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't exactly ripped Favre in the past but I've been critical. After tonight, trying to make something happen in your own end, I'm not about to apologize. Looks like we still live and die by BF.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't exactly ripped Favre in the past but I've been critical. After tonight, trying to make something happen in your own end, I'm not about to apologize. Looks like we still live and die by BF.

Lucky You !!!

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yep, thats why we lost the game. It was a mistake. So was James Jones fumbling twice, 5,978 penalties, Woodson fumbling, Collins stinking up the joint, the terrible playcalling, bad clock management, etc, etc, etc

Let the Favre bashing begin

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Maybe Favre owes us an apology for throwing 29 INTs a couple years ago.

Let's see, your #1, your #3, your #4 WRs are all OUT. Then your #1, #2, and #3 RBs are OUT.

You try throwing the ball to a bunch of people who are running the wrong route and see if you don't throw interceptions.

2005 was not a pretty sight for anyone if you're a Packer fan. Our only bright spot that year was Samkon Gado, then he got injured.

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take an apology for tossing it right to Urlacher instead of out of bounds.

No kidding, that was a killer. But I'm sure there's some excuse for it.

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tileman said:
PackOne said:

Brett doesn't make excuses. He said in his press conference that it was a bad decision.

Never said or thought he did, the Homers take care of that for him

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
Tileman said:
PackOne said:

Brett doesn't make excuses. He said in his press conference that it was a bad decision.

Never said or thought he did, the Homers take care of that for him
Yes.....ONE bad play by Favre......we should take him out and put Rodgers in, right? That one play hurt, but that one play alone is NOT what cost us the game. Now, you add that to the multiple fumbles, and the penalties (some which were not deserved) and you end up handing the game to your opponent. Favre had NOTHING to do with the previous 4 wins, right? Or the fact that we were up by 10 at halftime. Yes, he screwed up on that play. Like i said in a different thread, it looked like Jones was there, and as Favre threw the ball, he had turned and was going up field. So he and Favre were not on the same page.
The one bad play sucked, but it's not like that play was the only reason we lost.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who said anything about playing Rodgers. Just wanted to reiterate that the loss was a combination of EVERYONE.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who said anything about playing Rodgers. Just wanted to reiterate that the loss was a combination of EVERYONE.
I don't think you have to SAY that, anyone who watched the game already KNOWS that.
There were enough screw ups by everyone.
But that game is past, and we need to let it go and go on to the Redskins.

Members online

Latest posts