A look to next week

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Offense vs. Bears Defense

It was just a year or two ago this matchup would scare the crap out of me, but now I look forward to our offense against their D.

The Packers will hurt the Bears defense. The only question is how many points will they score, and that has to do with how many injuries do the Bears still have on D? Last week they were without BOTH starting CBs and BOTH starting safeties. Does that sound like a secondary Brett Favre and his Trio of receivers will have fun with? It should. No Tillman and Vasher makes Brett a happy boy.

Expect another pass heavy game by Green Bay. People will say the Packers have no running game, but the bottom line is the Bears still have a great D-line to stop even great running attacks, yet they have the most injury plagued secondary in the NFL.

Since Jennings has come back from his injury, the passing game has gotten a lot better, if that was possible.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Week 5 is also the healthiest the Packers have been at Runningback. Jackson should be back and Morency will be back for his 2nd week in a row. Hopefully the rust was knocked off in week 4, and he can do his thing on offense. Morency, Jackson, and Wynn are NOT to be overlooked this week against a defense that struggled against the Lions running game somehow.

Trom's prediction: Favre gets 3 TD passes and over 300 yards.

Packers Defense vs. Bears Offense

Green Bay could rest Al and Charles this week and the Packers will still get three interceptions against the Bears horrible offense.

Living in Chicago, I get the pleasure of Bears radio and other coverage of the one-time Monsters of the Midway. Now it's Mediocre on the Midway. They're bad. Really bad.

First of all, their quarterback is Brian Griese. Benching Rex Grossman was NOT the right move and it is fun to watch the Bears run around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to figure things out at QB.

The Bears have the worst WRs in the NFL. I'm not kidding, and if you want to discuss it I can give you the e-mails of a lot of Bears fans who will tell you it's true. Muhammad is old and hurt. Berrian has hands of stone. Bradley doesn't even get to play anymore. Hester doesn't get thrown to. What should be a key catching threat, Greg Olsen, was only on the field TEN times in week 4. Besides, after fighting with Gates in week 3, Poppinga can handle an overrated rookie.

Remember the other year when the Packers offensive line made you want to punch someone? That's how Bears fans feel about their o-line now. Their line got really old, really fast. It is kinda like they shoulda started rebuilding it while they were still doing well in the trenches. Hmmm.

Their main weapon Devin Hester has ONE catch in 4 games. ONE CATCH! What kind of gameplan is that? I'd look for them to throw his way, but since it is Griese throwing, and with Kampman in his face, expect an interception.

You think our running game is bad? Well, we don't try to run. Chicago tries to run, and fails. Not only do they fail. They fumble. Cedric Benson gets his first shot as starter this year, and is doing very bad. Will he turn it over AGAIN this week? Probably.

Trom's Prediction: 5 overall takeaways by the Packers Defense

Packers Special Teams vs. Bears Special Teams

Devin Hester is a son of a *****, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. He is amazing to watch, and damn near impossible to stop on returns.

Because this game puts the Packers defense against Griese and that joke of an offense, I say punt the ball out of bounds every time and let the defense do their thing. This isn't a knock at GB's special teams. Tracy White and Bush are awesome on coverage, but Hester is better.

On kickoffs, let's hope it's a windy day and Mason can boot them through the endzone all day long!

Trom's prediction: Hester scores a return TD because he's a son of a *****.

Final Score - Packers:42 Bears:16

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom,
Great analysis. I am still just a bit scared of the "old Bears" and the divisional rivalry to give GB a 42 point win.
I say 41-14.

I was thinking of you this past weekend. I was just down the Dan Ryan a ways. We were building a deck for my in laws.
My father in law kept coming out and announcing the scores for both games.
He is not a fan of either the Packers or the Bears but he liked it when he could make another of his son in laws pout. The other son in law sat in front of the radio for most of the 4th quarter and didn't lend a hand on the project.
It is such a shame that we couldn't have built the deck this next weekend. That would have really been sweet.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom,
Great analysis. I am still just a bit scared of the "old Bears" and the divisional rivalry to give GB a 42 point win.
I say 41-14.

I was thinking of you this past weekend. I was just down the Dan Ryan a ways. We were building a deck for my in laws.
He is not a fan of either the Packers or the Bears but he liked it when he could make another of his son in laws pout. The other son in law sat in front of the radio for most of the 4th quarter and didn't lend a hand on the project.
It is such a shame that we couldn't have built the deck this next weekend. That would have really been sweet.

lol, that's good stuff.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They said they're gonna use Hester more this week.

He drops catches a lot and fumbles, so I'm not toooo concerned on offense.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Thinking of Trom ;) J/K!!!

Great little story, one of my favorite aspects of sports.. the razzing..

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They said they're gonna use Hester more this week.

He drops catches a lot and fumbles, so I'm not toooo concerned on offense.

Good god I just thought of Bigby or AJ smacking the taste out of that son of a *****'s mouth when he goes across the middle, and I made a gleeful little giggle.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trom,

Nice preview and much appreciated. I have nothing to add at the moment besides a look at the line.

We are only favored by 2.5 ? and the over / under I have seen so far is 40 to 41. This line would have us winning the game somewhere around 21 - 20.

Bottom line is we are getting a smaller edge by the line than I would have guessed, any thoughts on the line being so low ?

At least Prisco is picking us this time lol:

Link: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks

Cheers !!!

Post Note - Harmon's game forcast has us wining 23-20, his reasons below,
Link: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/harmon/forecast

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bodog, where i make my bets(and lose money) the line is -3

it's still low. patriots get -16 and the cowboys get -10

Gb gets -3

where's the respect?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packers havent beaten anyone to death yet like the Patriots have...

were playing a division rival that was ranked very highly.

im not sayin i agree with it... just that i understand it.

plus id rather us get low spreads like that... easy win.

as usual im taking the Packers and the Patriots to cover until they prove me wrong... 4 weeks running.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree GB hasnt beaten anyone to death like the pats. No question.

But Dallas hasn't beaten ANYONE worth a damn, yet they're -10?

Gb at least beat the chargers.

NO RESPECT! ARGH!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree GB hasnt beaten anyone to death like the pats. No question.

But Dallas hasn't beaten ANYONE worth a damn, yet they're -10?

Gb at least beat the chargers.

NO RESPECT! ARGH!

i agree with the Dallas hate

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It says an interesting thing up there that benching grossman was not the thing to do, this may be true to a point. Rex grossman should not even be a starter in a highschool football team. They should bench grossman but get some youth in there to get ready for a long haul, call it a rebuilding year whatever. Not a washed up quarterback that was never any good to begin with like Griese. I had better not say too much or a bears coaching member might realize what im saying is the truth and they do something about it. As for now i could care less if the bears dont wanna win. That makes me happy twice a year.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally like the underrating of the Packers.

It keeps everyone more motivated and focused.

Those pundits don't play the game. The Packers do. The fans have a choice to believe in who they want, the pundits or the Packers... I choose the Packers.

Packers win 27-14

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally like the underrating of the Packers.

It keeps everyone more motivated and focused.

Those pundits don't play the game. The Packers do. The fans have a choice to believe in who they want, the pundits or the Packers... I choose the Packers.

Packers win 27-14

If we contain Hester, da Bears won't even score 14 points.
35-10 if we contain Hester.
35-17 if we don't.

I want to see a humiliation. I'm still bitter about last year's first game, and I'm sick of Bear fans saying that da Bears had nothing to play for in their final game of the year. I want to see a Sweep!

Now I'm angry and I haven't even begun to drink my coffee. Decimate the Bears! Decimate them! Aaaaaaarrrrrrr!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to think this game will be as easy as you guys are predicting, but Lovie has done very well against us thusfar. Last week everyone was looking past Minny and the crappy Vikings also tied us late in the game. Another point: the key in this win streak is our low number of turnovers, but the Bears' D are known for creating turnovers. On top of that, the Bears need the win and are a better team than they have shown.

Basically I'm saying that this will not be an easy game. I want us to win it more than our 4 previous, but I think it's going to end up a close battle like the Philly game. Hopefully we show enough to pull it off. I know this team is good enough, but anything can happen. These guys need to be ready and fight for every yard. Overconfidence is our biggest enemy at this point.

GO PACK GO!!!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
I'd like to think this game will be as easy as you guys are predicting, but Lovie has done very well against us thusfar. Last week everyone was looking past Minny and the crappy Vikings also tied us late in the game. Another point: the key in this win streak is our low number of turnovers, but the Bears' D are known for creating turnovers. On top of that, the Bears need the win and are a better team than they have shown.

Basically I'm saying that this will not be an easy game. I want us to win it more than our 4 previous, but I think it's going to end up a close battle like the Philly game. Hopefully we show enough to pull it off. I know this team is good enough, but anything can happen. These guys need to be ready and fight for every yard. Overconfidence is our biggest enemy at this point.

GO PACK GO!!!

You make a good point. However, Bears ARE an injury decimated team right now. I really feel that a continuation of the the way Packers have been playing might result in an easier win than what we have experienced in the last couple weeks.

The time is ripe right now for an upset but I don't think the Bears have the manpower right now to do it.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this game because we are obviously riding Brett right now and this is a rivalry game and a team he historically feasts on.

If Brett doesn't play well here it's not because he's not focused on the Bears. The tradition of this game runs very deep with him.

For the rest of the guys, well, what can you say. It's the BEARS. If they can't get up for this than your screwed up.

A letdown would be the only way I see the Bears with a chance and this is just NOT a letdown situation. Unfortunately for them.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here is a little of the taste that should be comming this weekend...

Reaction score
I hope McCarthy busts out the week 1 tape from last season, and shows how the Bears came up to Lambeau and schooled us.

Fire the troops up and let them get revenge for last year's season opening stinker.

GAH, I want Gregorios to make someone on the Bears head to explode. Come on Greg, do it for the children!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts