1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

A look to next week

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Sep 24, 2007.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Packers Offense vs. Vikings Defense

[​IMG]

When the Chargers came to down, it was the FIRST time Driver, Jones, and Jennings were all on the field together in a regular season game. A lot of people wondered how good the trio would be and how much it would boost the offense. Well, they were good, and they gave the offense a boost. These three men are SO talented, it is a joy to watch them execute.

The Vikings have a bad pass defense. Uh-Oh. The Packers have played 3 other teams already this year with questionable pass defenses, and they exploited it without mercy. Expect more of the same.

The run game. Where is it? Did someone steal it? I know the gameplan was to throw and take advantage of the bad coverages, but jeez, can we run just a LITTLE bit more? The good thing here is during these three weeks, BJack is learning on the job without costing the team by not contributing in large amounts. I wouldn't be surprised if MM throws the Vikings a curveball and runs the ball the most he's done all season. Why? Because he can.

Packers Defense vs. Vikings Offense

The Vikings have Adrian Peterson. That is all. If the Packers can shut down Westbrook and Tomlinson, why wouldn't they be able to stop Peterson? Will Tavaris Jackson beat GBs defense? Unlikely. Robert Ferguson? Hahaha. hmmm....this section is short....and there's a reason for that.

Expect a breakout game from AJ Hawk. He's a badass.

[​IMG]

Packers Special Teams vs. Vikings Special Teams

In week 2, former Packer Ryan Longwell missed a potential game winning field goal for the Vikings.

That doesn't really have anything to do with this game, I just like to bring that up when I can.

The Applebees-fed Packers will dominate on all aspects of special teams...again.

2. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like Holcomb is starting for the Vikings next week. Not that that makes me worried. (Would've been fun to face Tarvaris Jackson though.)

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Holcomb? Wow. It just keeps getting funnier.

Anyone know of any key Vikings injuries?

4. CaptainItchy

CaptainItchy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    let's not get overly confident now... any given sunday...any team can outplay another... We should have this one...but Packs must show up to play... I hope the youngsters are motivated...like they were to take the Chargers down.

5. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483
    If history tells us anything the vikes will win.

6. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Jackson almost beat the Pack on that thursday night game last season.

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    This isn't last years team.

Don't know what else to say about it. If you fear the Vikings(or Tavaris) well....good luck with that.

8. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I still fear any team. I would fear the Browns if we were playing them next week. The bad games start when the Packers stop fearing and respecting teams. We show up flat.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    GB isn't looking past anyone.

I am.

they aren't.

that's what matters.

They'll be ready and execute...again.

10. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    This is why I have said last years wins added to what we have done so far IS important. You begin to develope a winning attitude and a confidence factor that allows you, based on the work put in and the results thereof, to EXPECT to win.

There is NOTHING WRONG with EXPECTING to win and, in fact, is the attitude they NEED to have and they need to maintain it.

You take each game, one at a time, respect your opponent, put in the work, and go in expecting to win.

You can bet this mornings Post Toasties that the team that will win the SB this year HAS this mentality and you either have it or wished you had it because winners always go in with the attitude they will win. Losing is not an option.

11. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I predict three first half TD's.

1 to DD for 60 yards.
    1 long rushing TD from wynn
    1 on an int by woodson

Pack 35 Vikes 0

12. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you see the kneel down at the end of the game? Thats all the running game we need as long as we still have #4 back there.

One of the best teams in the league with one of the best defenses couldnt beat us and we had no threat of the run AT ALL. Sky is the limit for this team.

13. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers better not overlook the Vikings. The Packers in my opinion are better but the Bears come to Lambeau next week and that is what I'm worried about. GB wanting the Bears when the Vikings are next in line.

14. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting problem. If we beat the Queens than we just give them one more total loss on their way to getting a top draft pick.

Do we really want Brian Brohm in the North?

Just kidding lets kill the bastards.

15. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yea, even when we were at out best in the 90's, Vikes owned us on the road. Of course, it was Warren Moon, Randal Cunningham, Cullpepper & B. Johnson. Not Tavarius Jackson & Holcomb.

Pack Win

16. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, we can always hope they get a few wins against other teams.

17. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I just got done reading MM's transcripts from today. He said in there he had not even seen the Vikings yet or knows more than they were #1 against the run last year. It was pretty incredible to me that they stay THAT entrained on the task at hand.

This is how week to week focused these guys are. WE AS FANS have a lot more time on OUR hands to look at future games and speculate on what might happen than the coaches or the players.

Other than noticing that the Bears appear next on the schedule I doubt anyone associated with the team will put a thought into the Bears next week. MM "stacks" successes by staying completely focused on the next game and uses the last game to focus only on what was not done right in an effort to fix it.

They are 3-0 and the only thing emphasized in today's team meetings were those areas where they screwed up.

It appears to me the coaches have a great handle on how to keep their heads screwed on right. I doubt looking ahead is a luxury the players actually have time to indulge in.

18. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Really the only way the Packers lose this game is if they are thinking ahead to the Bears. Green Bay should have no problem shutting down the Vikings offense and they should be able to move the ball. The Vikings run defense is not as good as people make it out to be. Teams just throw on them all day long and that's why it was that good. You can run the ball on Minnesota to an extent. I don't think very well but it's possible. So I expect Green Bay to run more but I basically expect the spread offense to be out there again.

This is actually really fun to watch. It's like watching a college football offense in the NFL.

19. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I was thinking the same thing, Porky. Can you say U of Hawaii? lol

20. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Vikes are a gritty team. They will try and force turnovers. If we can hold on to the ball, there is no way there offense can outscore our offense.

Look for GB to score on almost every possession with 4 TDs and 3 FGs. The

The Vikes might make a field goal, but I expect our D to step it up against a divison rival.

My guess.

B-Jack: 60 yards, 1 TD
    Driver: 100 yd game with 1 TD
    J. Jones 60 yds with Marino record breaking TD
    Jennings: 80 yrds with at lest one 40+ yd catch

Defense will force three turnovers
    2 fumbles, 1 (maybe two picks)

Final:
    GB 34, Minn 6

Pack = 4-0

21. mkapp

mkapp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont want to underestimate anyone or anything. The Minnesota D is pretty good, but pass coverage is weak compared to O-line. <cough>sharpers gonna get burned again!

As far as their Offense, its AP and thats about it. Bobby Wade, Sidney Rice, Robert Ferguson arent known very well for anything. (I went to high school with Wade - if only his game were as big as his ego.)

Hopefully another win, a little more respect, and new record.

22. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like someone had previously mentioned...its any given Sunday.

However, we outmatch the Queens at every position and we should kick their butt.

I will say this, I believe its a must win game to keep the momentum and start strong against divisional opponents and to keep the distance between the bears to reign supreme in the nfc north.

Look for the vkikings to cme out of the gates with everything they got. I think it will be a close game contrary to what everyone else has been saying.

Im looking for some turnovers by our D

GO PACK GO

23. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm expecting a win but the onlky thing that scares me is when we do lose to the Vikes it's cause we give them the ball. I know Brett doesn't want to hear it but the way the Vikes offence is inept we just have to make sure we control the ball cause that's the only way they'll put up points. Hope this doesn't rile up to many posters hear but I was thinking today if you compare the teams all around the only difference comes down to QB which says how great Favre is. The way I compared them is as good as our D is it could be argued right now there's is just as good if not better. We got the edge in WR's but the have definately a better RB in Pederson and their O-line is pretty good. So once again we're left to realize how great and what a difference maker Brett is

24. Pack88

Pack88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I hope GB wins 49-3 but will be happy with a 7-3 win !! A division win is a division win. Don't laugh about the other guys drops from a week ago. They might catch them this week. Just hope they suck this week.
    Pack88

25. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, running between the tackles against the Vikings can be difficult, but they are a little suspect on the edges. The secondary is kind of feast of famine, they seem to take some chances in attempt to create turnovers. If they succeed, they look pretty tough - if not they look pretty bad.

I can envision a lot of spread offense like last week, but with more running added to the mix. Playing against a 4-3 defense using 4 wides and a single back could produce a fairly nice ground game.