1st round- J. Walker
4th round- N. Davenport
5th round- A Kampman
5th round- C Nall

- Not bad we traded a lot of our picks..... not TT style of draft

2003 Draft------------- WE DRAFTED 9 PLAYERS
1st round- Nick Barnett
3rd round- Kenny Peterson

(we did trade phili our 2nd rounder for al harris)

2004 Draft----------WE DRAFTED 6 PLAYERS
1st round- Ahmad Carroll
3rd round- Donnell Washington
3rd round- BJ Sander
6th round- Corey Williams
7th round- Scott Wells

Compare this to TT's first draft----- WE DRAFTED 11 PLAYERS
1st round- A Rodgers
2nd round- N Collins
2nd round- T Murphy
4th round- M Underwood
4th round- B Poppinga
5th round- J Coston
5th round- M Hawkins
6th round- M Montgomery
6th round- C Bragg
7th round- K Campbell
7th round- W Whitticker

-Hopefully TT will trade down for extra picks this year like he did in the previous draft. We got some solid players in the later rounds that hopefully will continue to develop. Looking at Shermans draft you know why we had a terrible year. We have been on the decline since he took over as GM. Hopefully we will continue to bring in 10+ guys through the draft every year.

OP
OP
M

mrhustle11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: a look at why the packers are struggling....sherman&#039

2002 draft- players still on the team----WE DRAFTED 6 PLAYERS
1st round- J. Walker
4th round- N. Davenport
5th round- A Kampman
5th round- C Nall -
Not bad we traded a lot of our picks..... not TT style of draft
2003 Draft------------- WE DRAFTED 9 PLAYERS
1st round- Nick Barnett
3rd round- Kenny Peterson
(we did trade phili our 2nd rounder for al harris)
2004 Draft----------WE DRAFTED 6 PLAYERS
1st round- Ahmad Carroll
3rd round- Donnell Washington
3rd round- BJ Sander
6th round- Corey Williams
7th round- Scott Wells

Compare this to TT's first draft----- WE DRAFTED 11 PLAYERS
1st round- A Rodgers
2nd round- N Collins
2nd round- T Murphy
4th round- M Underwood
4th round- B Poppinga
5th round- J Coston
5th round- M Hawkins
6th round- M Montgomery
6th round- C Bragg
7th round- K Campbell
7th round- W Whitticker

-Hopefully TT will trade down for extra picks this year like he did in the previous draft. We got some solid players in the later rounds that hopefully will continue to develop. Looking at Shermans draft you know why we had a terrible year. We have been on the decline since he took over as GM. Hopefully we will continue to bring in 10+ guys through the draft every year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Remember how most were slamming TT for his draft picks? Now people are sticking up for his drafting.

Weird....

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Remember how most were slamming TT for his draft picks? Now people are sticking up for his drafting.

Weird....

I AGREE THAT IT'S VERY WEIRD.....just look at Nick Collins from Bethune-Cookman.

Not exactly a collegiate powerhouse....I'm sure most people including me thought that the pick sucked. I guess after the Packers selected him the Ravens (who know a little about defense) called the Packers and congratulated them on an excellent pick. Turns out he's a keeper but not too many people were jumping for joy when the pick was announced.

Oh, by the way, not to mention taking a QB with their first pick when the consensus was "Defense" all the way!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Zero2Cool said:

Weird....

Not all that weird.....Nick Collins from Bethune-Cookman.

Not exactly a collegiate powerhouse....I'm sure most people including me thought that the pick sucked. I guess after the Packers selected him the Ravens (who know a little about defense) called the Packers and congratulated them on an excellent pick. Turns out he's a keeper but not too many people were jumping for joy when the pick was announced.

Oh, by the way, not to mention taking a QB with their first pick when the consensus was "Defense" all the way!

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bad Z2C...I'm working on a 14 hour shift right now at school so I'm a little tired.......my apology.

What I meant to say was that I agree with you...people are sticking up for his draft picks which IS weird.

NOTE MY EDIT!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
My bad Z2C...I'm working on a 14 hour shift right now at school so I'm a little tired.......my apology.

What I meant to say was that I agree with you...people are sticking up for his draft picks which IS weird.

NOTE MY EDIT!!!

holy crap 14hrs!! jfc take a nap dude lol

OP
OP
M

mrhustle11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
correction......its suppose to say sherman's draft instead of shermans d.......sorry i ran out of room i guess

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
NDPackerFan said:

NOTE MY EDIT!!!

holy crap 14hrs!! jfc take a nap dude lol

Thanks for understanding Z2C :lol: I think after a few years, we'll look back on this past draft as one that was very good. Collins, Poppinga, Montgomery, Hawkins will all turn out to be fine players IMO...I'm still not sold on Rodgers but the potential is there because nobody should be considered a potential #1 without having some skill, right?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Thanks for understanding Z2C :lol: I think after a few years, we'll look back on this past draft as one that was very good. Collins, Poppinga, Montgomery, Hawkins will all turn out to be fine players IMO...I'm still not sold on Rodgers but the potential is there because nobody should be considered a potential #1 without having some skill, right?

Life is better with a little understanding :) np bro

I am curious on Rodgers. I have this feeling he's gonna be another QB who won't WIN games for you but he won't LOSE games for you. More so I believe he will help us win games more then he will be the reason we lose games. He comes off as a good leader the little I have read about him and heard him say.

Point being, I think the Packers are going to be in 'good' hands with Rodgers.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
NDPackerFan said:

Life is better with a little understanding :) np bro

I am curious on Rodgers. I have this feeling he's gonna be another QB who won't WIN games for you but he won't LOSE games for you. More so I believe he will help us win games more then he will be the reason we lose games. He comes off as a good leader the little I have read about him and heard him say.

Point being, I think the Packers are going to be in 'good' hands with Rodgers.

I sure hope so...I agree with your assessment on Rodgers. He won't be the dynamic QB we're used to, but he should be able to manage the game and make all the throws the Packers will need him to make.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts