A look at favorite Packers...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Limiting the selection is hard so I will limit myself to a single pick from positional groupings:

It would be hard not to love this guy he was as nice off the field as he was mean on it:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

High on my list is this guy who could get up quite high, hawk the ball and hit like a tank:

though this guy almost stole his spot

How could one not love watching this guy dominate a football game???:

I know it is a Big Photo, but everything was big about Reggie

I loved watching Bart Starr play, but this kid came along and I have to admit he took over

Despite the sour way he ended his Packer career I have to admit watching this guy play was like watching a great piece of art evolve

This shot takes care of my favorite coach and includes two of my favorite runners

but ended up loving watching this guy run

Finally, no matter what you thought about him as a coach this guy was hands down the greatest Packer offensive lineman of all time:

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to be clear -- naming your favorite Packers will not require posting their pictures. I just did that to give the post some interest.

Reaction score
lol Bruce, you don't gotta worry. Your posts are insightful and interesting.

Hmmmm..... just to get Trom's reaction, I'll say Carroll :p

In reality, mine would be #4. You will NEVER find another Favre ever again. I just wish I would have paid more attention to football during the late 90's, when Favre was MVP and brough the trophy back home. He has embodied courage, strength, hope, and stability that is a rarity in sports today. What he has done, off and on the field, and the way he has handled himself is what I love about him. Simply put, he is the type of player any team would take in a heartbeat, and he is what is missing from pro sports today.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than Vince who will always be my favorite Packer... Number 66... is my second favorite, and number 56 is my third favorite Packer.

Ole number 56. He only played one year for the Packers, but in that year he had five interceptions, blocked seven kicks, and scored a safety.

I repeat. Blocked SEVEN Kicks.

Ya he only played one year.... But he is still my third favorite Packer.

I love the man to death.

The Packers felt after his only year with the Packers he was not worth Re-Signing him even though he had five interceptions, blocked seven kicks, and scored a safety, they did not re-sign him.

He was one hell of a Defensive Player he is my third favorite Packer of all time.

Oh... By the way, for you youngsters out there... He is in the Hall Of Fame as well. But not as a Packer.

R.P

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that pic of the great Ray....

I have tried to buy it but never found it.

In my office I have pictures of THE GREAT RAY, THE GREAT REGGIE, the GREAT BRETT and LOMBARDI THE GREAT !!!!

I have Jerseys of CANADEO, REGGIE, RAY, BRETT (green and white), BART and RAY !!! I just need to buy Hornungs one and Lombardi`s Hat to fullfill my collection !!!!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Other than Vince who will always be my favorite Packer... Number 66... is my second favorite, and number 56 is my third favorite Packer.

Ole number 56. He only played one year for the Packers, but in that year he had five interceptions, blocked seven kicks, and scored a safety.

I repeat. Blocked SEVEN Kicks.

Ya he only played one year.... But he is still my third favorite Packer.

I love the man to death.

The Packers felt after his only year with the Packers he was not worth Re-Signing him even though he had five interceptions, blocked seven kicks, and scored a safety, they did not re-sign him.

He was one hell of a Defensive Player he is my third favorite Packer of all time.

Oh... By the way, for you youngsters out there... He is in the Hall Of Fame as well. But not as a Packer.

R.P

Hendricks? I obviously never got to see any of the older guys play, but I've tried to look back at as much Packer history as I can.

Anyways, I wasn't aware, for whatever reason, that in football players went into the HOF representing a certain team. I know that happens in baseball. Who chooses that for football guys? I think it's the hall itself for baseball. All that said.....Reggie lives forever in Canton as a.....?

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

I guess I remember it a bit different. I remember that ole 56 told the Pack not to bother even trying to offer him a contract. The last place he would play football was in GB. But I do agree that he was a great player and I did wish the Pack would have kept him in town.

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To answer Raider pride -#56- I'm gonna guess Ted Hendricks ( the mad stork and former Raider). I remember him playin for the Pack , and played great , but why didn't the Pack resign him ? What happened to him ? :shrug:

Favorite Packers - the 60's players win just about every position - joining the group - Reggie White , James Lofton , Sterling Sharpe , Desmond Howard .

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My are
Brett
Reggie
Ray
Butler
John Brockington
Mark Murphy
Santana Dotson

Paul Hornung, now that guy has a melon for a head.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd have to say ---- (and there's so many)

Favre & White - the dynamic duo
Starr & Hornung
Majik & Sharpe

LeRoy Butler - always a fav....
Ray Nitschke - got his replica jersey for Xmas this year (finally).

Max McGee
Desmond Howard
Dave Robinson (actually got to sit down and chat with him, before the Bears game 2004)
Ken Ruettgers - would like to find his jersey out there somewhere - he was awesome for both Majik & Favre.
Antonio Freeman
Tim Harris (six-shooter)
Brain Noble

When I moved away from Wisconsin in the early 90's - I lost touch with the Team for a bit... that's why so many from before Favre, than with him. Those are the first that come to mind... Heck, we could do this all day long....

:packbeer: :packbeer: :packbeer: :packbeer: :packbeer: :packbeer: - there ya go! On me!

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don Hutson...

great speed

great hands (a girl should know)

great versatility (not a one trick pony)

great work ethic

defined the vertical threat

set the standard for future generations of receivers

if playing today, with modern training methods, would still dominate the game

Anyone have any pics?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Oh wait, that's right we took Tony :(

Don Hutson
Wayne Simmons (for throwing down Amp Lee after spinning around once or twice and making Brent Jones look like a biotch in the playoff game)
Brett Favre
Reggie White
Gilbert Brown
Charles Martin
Desmond Howard
... more

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
V. Lombardi - #1

Starr, Favre - QB
"Blood" McNally, Hornung, Taylor, Brockington, Henderson, Green - Backs
Thurston, J. Kramer, G. Gillingham, Winters, Tauscher - OL
R. Kramer, Jackson - TE
Hutson, Dale, Dowler, Lofton - Ends
Longwell - PK

Davis, Jordan, Jurkovich, Reggie - DL
Nitschke, Robinson, Hendricks, Anderson - LB
Whitttenton, Greminger, Adderly, Wood, Lewis - DB

Cochran, Bengston, Brieghtol, Bates - ***'t coach
Hanner, Dorsey - Player/scout

Ray Scott, Irwin/McGee - Announcers

Harlan - President

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Gotta go with Ray Nitschke. 2nd best linebacker ever.

Yes, Lawrence Taylor was a great LB,

but I have to disagree -- Ray is still #1 8)

Phil, who are all those guys jumping to the ground whining, "please don't hit me Mr. Nitschke, Sir"??? And what is that dropping out of #10 pants? :wink:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mine are Favre, Reggie, Leroy Butler, Longwell, and I really like and respect William Henderson. OH, I also liked Shroeder--maybe not as a player, but I was able to have personal contact with him twice on a cruise, and he is such a personable player.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol....you had me at Favre, Reggie and Butler. Then along came Longwell!! Schroeder!!

You explained Schroeder......why the love for a kicker? I thought we were talking about football players :wink: :wink: Did you meet him?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Ray Ray - Living in Chi-Town, my old man had distilled football down to Butkus and Nitschke. Always loved Ray...he is who made me love the Pack...plus, he was in the phone book and ANY fan in town could give him a ring and have a chat or meet him. One of a kind!!

2. LeRoy/Brett - A tie...how do you choose between these two.

3. Reggie - He brought pride back to the Packers...and a Super Bowl.

4. Gilbert - Has there ever been a more affable big guy in the league. Played balls to the wall and when hurt...he and Reggie and LeRoy WERE that defense.

5. Max - Hey, any guy who does his best after a bender has my vote. Bode...you could learn from this guy!!

6. Mike Douglass - "Mad Dog"....a bad **** on bad teams...he was a reason to watch...a machine!

7. Max and Jim - Loved their game calls...especially in the second half when their vocal cord lubricant became evident...good time guys.

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im gonna have to go with the one guy, everyone knows who im talking about i just can't remeber his name ummmmmmmmm he wore a big G on the side of his helmut and wore a green and gold uniform oh hell who was that

Oh yeah every single one of them and of course Don Beebe

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce: Leave Phil alone please...... we all know Ray to be the best Linebacker ever,,, poor Phil still have nightmares about Ray chasing him around a football field....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts