A little rumor that I heard.. Interest in KGB

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Although I still can't find anything in print... I heard from some clients in the DC area yesterday a rumor that the Skins have talked to the Packers about KGB...

If true, what is a fair asking price for KGB?

Would Betts be a good piece to aquire in such a trade?

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB is a very good Defensive end with all his speed. I don't think letting him go is a good idea at all....

Reaction score
If true, what is a fair asking price for KGB?

Would Betts be a good piece to aquire in such a trade?

I'd have to think that we ask for a DE back. We are thin at that position as it is: after KGB Montgomery isn't exactly setting the world on fire, and Jason Hunter is still quite raw.

To me, someone like DE Willie Whitehead would make sense to ask in return. Also, knowing Ted's like for draft picks in the later rounds, maybe ask for a late day 2 pick.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me one reason to get rid of him. He's a good player, and a good teamate to have around for the other guys. Makes me mad to see people want him gone.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could trade him for Betts or Brandon Llloyd I woulds make that deal. KGB id definitely a great lockerroom guyand a consummate professional.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB is a very good Defensive end with all his speed. I don't think letting him go is a good idea at all....

That's a joke right?

Have you been watching games at all the last 3 years? He's gone from above average at his peak to hoping for mediocrity at the present.

His only value now is 3rd down and long(6+ or so). Obvious passing downs where he could use the only tool he has: speed.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
His only value now is 3rd down and long(6+ or so). Obvious passing downs where he could use the only tool he has: speed.

And thankfully thats how the new coaching staff is using him(starting around week 12 last season).

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
And thankfully thats how the new coaching staff is using him(starting around week 12 last season).

If he gets used on even one running play the entire season I'll throw a hissy-fit.
He won't, because Cullen Jenkins owns your FACE! :LOL:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me one reason to get rid of him. He's a good player, and a good teamate to have around for the other guys. Makes me mad to see people want him gone.

There's actually six million reasons but the high contract would be the only thing I see that would put KGB out of GB. We need depth at DE which he provides.

The question remains is that worth six million bucks? After all he is one of the highest paid players on the team. IDEALLY we could get his production out of someone else for WAY less money and use those dollars elsewhere.

Here's how I see it. The Green Bay defense and the pass rush it produces is going to be one of the biggest keys to this years success. Essentially, these guys are going to have to kick some *** just like our "0" line carried us in '01, '02, '03, etc.

They need to keep the score down and prevent our offense from having to come from behind as much as possible. With that said I do not see KGB leaving us this year.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to keep KGB, he's a stud in Madden.

I KNO! If you bring him around to the other side if they are in shotgun you **** the QB :thumbsup: If you havn't tried that yet do so, its unstopable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts