A little Harrell news..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Very little at that, but way to early to give up on the kid... I think he will be just fine with a whole offseason to prepare..

ProFootball Weekly - Whispers said:
Our Packers sources tell us first-round DT Justin Harrell performed better than they had expected in the 20 snaps he played in the team’s last two games against the Bears and Redskins. We’re told the team has also liked what they’ve seen from Harrell and believe he is capable of making the same kind of steady progress that fellow DT Johnny Jolly made in his rookie season last year.

Reaction score
When draft reports compared Harrell to John Jolly, a lot of people were baffled at why we drafted him (including me to a certain extent).

After seeing Jolly play this year, I can't help but envision how deadly our DT rotation could be if Harrell makes the same type of progress.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jolly had a similar senior year while at texas a+m, he got injured and was out for most of the year.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's good news about Harrell. I failed to notice him in the Redskins game, although he played more snaps than he did against Chicago. I wonder if he will displace Colin Cole on the game-day roster when Cole gets healthy again (which may have already happened, for all I know).

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to hear. It uscks to see other rookies like Bowe and Olson having success and not seeing much out of Harrell.

It usually takes DTs a while to blossom because of how much stronger offensive linemen are in the NFL. It will be interesting to see where Harrell is at the end of the season. At least we don't have Meachem!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jolly had a similar senior year while at texas a+m, he got injured and was out for most of the year.

Yep and had he stayed healthy, I think Jolly was a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick instead of a 6th.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to hear. It uscks to see other rookies like Bowe and Olson having success and not seeing much out of Harrell.

It usually takes DTs a while to blossom because of how much stronger offensive linemen are in the NFL. It will be interesting to see where Harrell is at the end of the season. At least we don't have Meachem!

I feel very pleased with myself for foreseeing that Meacham would be a bum in the NFL. :D

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
millertime said:

I feel very pleased with myself for foreseeing that Meacham would be a bum in the NFL. :D

Yea, thanks for the $$$$

Now i'll spend it while you guys play football

Hahahahahahaha

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I wonder if he will displace Colin Cole on the game-day roster when Cole gets healthy again (which may have already happened, for all I know).

Cole was a healthy scratch against the Redskins. Baring injury, I think Harrell is in the rotation to stay.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I wonder if he will displace Colin Cole on the game-day roster when Cole gets healthy again (which may have already happened, for all I know).

Cole was a healthy scratch against the Redskins. Baring injury, I think Harrell is in the rotation to stay.

Wow, I did not know Cole was a healthy scratch. Maybe Harrell is in the rotation know. So much for retaining Cole after this year.