A.J. Mandarich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the thing is, i look at the pack last saturday, and it was only one game. One game and every one is crying about AJ The Bust. please. If he goes Joey Harrington, then I'll acknowledge him as such. But I called Jonathan Paplebon as this yrs best closer back in April. He's been top 2 all yr. I'm just saying, I got a feeling- just watch.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never suggested that they should have taken Mangold at #5, jerky. I didn't know he went that early. If he was around with the Packs 2nd or 3rd pick then yeah. Hawk, better be what you advertise or you'll be eating a lot of crow---uhhh..i mean hawk...no, i mean crow![/quote]

P.S. My bad, buddy. Yeah Mangold might've been nice as a 2nd rounder. but I still like jennings

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im sorry but a lot of you are clowns.

i watched tromadz scrimmage video and hawk looked a step slow to every play and everyone made comments about "oh no, he's not the guy wow".

then i watch the game against the chargers and he was a completely different player. in on plays, blowing some guys up, running around like a mad man and yes, blowing the coverage on gates.

but DAMN! he was a million times better in the charger game than he was in the scrimmage just a week earlier.

ill take the progress ive seen any day. everyone thinking bust hasnt followed any of his progression outside of a newspaper. that i know.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
your right tony

yeah what a bust, he blew coverage on the best tight end in the league....

gates is a pro bowl tight end, and maybe the most hard to match up with player on any offense in the league. Hawk played pretty well that game, and blowing coverage to the best player on the team, in your first NFL game on a new offense is highly acceptable. it blows my freakin mind how this is even in consideration now. of course with some of our "fans" in this forum, nothing is good enough.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Mangold would have been a good pickup by TT. Was he available when the Packers were on the clock?

I seem to remember that he was.

At #5 Mangold would of been a horrible pick. He was taken at #29 by the Jets. Your right though. He would've of been a great fit for us if he was there in round 2.

On a side note. They're isn't a LB in this league that can cover Gates one on one.

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
net said:
DePack said:
Come out and say it...not. Are you declaring A.J. Hawk a bust? Show everyone here your incredible football acumen.

I can never show them as much football knowledge as you...Mr. 16-0..(snicker)

At PackerChatters I said I deeply hoped it wasn't true, which is the truth.

However, when you sign for the kind of money he did, you are making a contract(besides signing one) that you are capable, able and willing to play at a starter's level. Is he? Will he?

I'm hearing reports from Denver of Jay Cutler pushing Jake Plummer...
Reggie Bush being sensational...Ferguson and Mangold doing well in New York...

Havel says Hawk is pretty much "there".

I'm not saying he's a bust....yet.....but to say he's been "sensational" is wrong. Being so-so isn't what the Packers paid him to be. They already had Roy Manning...undrafted free agent...who Havel says has shown more.

Havel molests collies.

For any supposedly knowledgeable "reporter" to even insinuate that the guy is a bust after one preseason game is a joke. He should be stripped of his credentials. Again, mind you, I've never seen the Mullett even mention the word "bust" OR compare him to Mandarich......only you have.

BTW....where did you get the 16-0 thing from? Not that I mind it!

You apparently don't read your own posts.

Havel is on the field everyday. He's a close friend of Brett...having co-wrote a book with him.
I'm sure your access to the team and observations are better than that.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
DePack said:
net said:
DePack said:
Come out and say it...not. Are you declaring A.J. Hawk a bust? Show everyone here your incredible football acumen.

However, when you sign for the kind of money he did, you are making a contract(besides signing one) that you are capable, able and willing to play at a starter's level. Is he? Will he?

I'm not saying he's a bust....yet.....but to say he's been "sensational" is wrong. Being so-so isn't what the Packers paid him to be. They already had Roy Manning...undrafted free agent...who Havel says has shown more.

Havel molests collies.

For any supposedly knowledgeable "reporter" to even insinuate that the guy is a bust after one preseason game is a joke. He should be stripped of his credentials. Again, mind you, I've never seen the Mullett even mention the word "bust" OR compare him to Mandarich......only you have.

Havel is on the field everyday. He's a close friend of Brett...having co-wrote a book with him.

Yes they are....thanks for the compliment. You can copy and paste my 16-0 quote anytime you'd like.

PM me if you don't know how to copy and paste. I will send you the instructions, in big letters so even you can read them.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
net said:
DePack said:
net said:
DePack said:

Havel molests collies.

Yes they are....thanks for the compliment. You can copy and paste my 16-0 quote anytime you'd like.

PM me if you don't know how to copy and paste. I will send you the instructions, in big letters so even you can read them.

De, didn't you make it into the hot tub last night?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

LOL, Is it me, or is " PM me" this forum's equivalent to the "meet me outside" fistfight challenge?... the "throwing down of the gauntlet", if I may.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No and No. I didn't get into the hottub and no it isn't a fistfight challenge. I just thought it would be a waste of everybody else's time to read how to cut and paste. But apparently not!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
DePack said:

LOL, Is it me, or is " PM me" this forum's equivalent to the "meet me outside" fistfight challenge?... the "throwing down of the gauntlet", if I may.

Better to solve issues person to person rather than person to group in an attention getting manner.

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
No and No. I didn't get into the hottub and no it isn't a fistfight challenge. I just thought it would be a waste of everybody else's time to read how to cut and paste. But apparently not!

I know how. I was questioning your memory.

The Commish needs some Ex-Lax, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts