1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

A. J. Hawk

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by sbp_387, May 29, 2007.

1. sbp_387

sbp_387 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    what do you guys think aj will have to do this up coming year to step up his game to the next level. He is already one of the top LB in the NFL according to his stats last year. What kind of numbers do you think he will get this years, what numbers will he need to be a success.

152 tackles

12 sacks

3 int

go pack

2. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I see about the same number of tackles, 5 sacks, 3 INT's, 2 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 TD. His stats will go up a little, but the tackle number won't reflect the increase in speed and reaction he gets on those plays and the yards he saves because of it.

3. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    12 sacks is asking a lot for a linebacker. Not saying Hawk isn't capable of it, but playing alongside Barnett will take away some his chances. I expect more along the 7-9 sack total.

4. sbp_387

sbp_387 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If we support him with a good d line he will be scary good... i see this as a good year for him cuz he will be getting use to things...

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    After seeing him last year, i expect big things from him. He's not a rookie now, and i think he has the smarts and the talent to be pretty special.

6. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AJ's athleticism and ability will always be there, I think his improvement this year will be much more noticeable in pass coverage and reacting to what's going on around him as the game slows down a little bit for him.

7. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    A Trip To Hawaii.

He was close last year. That is the next step that he can take to take it to the next level.

RP

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah, he's one year smarter now, and will only be better physically.

Him and newly extended Nick Barnett will tear the house down.

9. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know, but I can't wait to see him in action.

10. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually think he is gonna get less numbers then he did last year and I expect Nick Barnett to get the glory and finally make the Pro Bowl. Sorry I am a Barnett fan so I am partial. :chalflag:

11. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think that he'll be held up as often this year by OL. They'll have their hands full trying to block our DL. What a great opportunity this presents to our LB corps. They're all healthy, spirited and rearing to go. I still believe Hawk would do better at Mike but that probably won't happen. In any event, teams will be forced to pass more againest us and that might be our Achilles Heel again. Sanders, Shott, and cohorts will not be allowed to "mis-communicate" again this year. One year of that crap is more than enough.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hawk getting better just might make this happen. It might force more plays to Barnett, which wouldn't be a bad thing, as Barnett IS a really good player.

13. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I envision Hawk playing with no abandon like he did in college now that this is second nature to him. There was so much for him to learn last he was doing more thinking than playin often times and was still damn good.

He was hesitant at times last year when he wasn't sure if he was where he was supposed to be and that slight delay made him less effective at times.

I think he will kick some serious butt this year.

The entire staff says this kid is All-Pro all the way.

14. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think this is spot on. Hawk, understandably, had a lot of trouble taking on OL blockers last year, but if they're tied up with the DL, I'd expect him to have less trouble with RBs and TEs, which should permit him to make more plays.

15. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, except I dont think it would be a bad thing as long as one of them makes the play. These guys are gonna dominate together. We are just one good linebacker away from having a top 5 linebacking corp.

16. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    he will improve on all those stats. Go Hawk

Go Pack Go.

17. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    All Pro linebacker this year for Hawk.

18. PackerLegend