• DeAngelo Williams (RB)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I have seen posted by the so called experts, Green Bay will more than likely draft either AJ Hawk (LB) or Mario Williams (OLB).
If it is not Reggie Bush, who would you like to see them pick up in the draft?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i say AJ HAwk, simply because we do not need a DE or RB(whose name isnt bush). KGB is a letdown, but we can replace him like we did when we got kampman. Ease a young man into the role, who has hard work ethic and drive. We dont need to go buck wild with a #1 pick for DE.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom.....i feel a DE would GREATLY help this team. There was hardly ANY pressure on opposing QB's the last few seasons. But of course there may not be one WORTH a first round pick out there. They need to get someone that can do that every down, whether it's through the draft, or free agency. Of course, from what i heard, TT doesn't like picking up free agents, he likes the draft.
Running backs, IF they can come back from the injuries, we might be OK. Davenport and Gado look good, if they can come back healthy. Those are 2 strong backs.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Trom.....i feel a DE would GREATLY help this team. There was hardly ANY pressure on opposing QB's the last few seasons. But of course there may not be one WORTH a first round pick out there. They need to get someone that can do that every down, whether it's through the draft, or free agency. Of course, from what i heard, TT doesn't like picking up free agents, he likes the draft.
Running backs, IF they can come back from the injuries, we might be OK. Davenport and Gado look good, if they can come back healthy. Those are 2 strong backs.

Cheesey, I couldnt disagree more with you about pressure on QBs. There were so many times Kamp and KGB would get to the quarterback, make him move around, make him throw a bad pass. Could that be why GB had one of the best PASS defenses in the league? Could it have been pressure from KAMP and KGB? Think about it.

(KGB is still a liability on the run, and should be replaced, but we both gave reasons why we wont draft one #1)

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Hawk is a stud. There is no doubt about it but I can't help but think like Cheesey is saying if they pick up a monster DL from somewhere that he will help make all the rest of the defense a bit better.
From what I have read on Williams and Kiwanoka, they might be a bit stronger on the pass rush than they are on the run defense.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our DLine is too good (jenkins,jackson who might be back cuz he fired rosenhaus,KAMP,Montgomery,COLE, and Kenny Peterson(boy did he have a great game)

we dont need a DLineman. Id rather get a WR before a Dlinemen. Linebacker\safety\DB i understand, but not a dlinemen. especially since KGB is here to play in 06. IT MAKES NO SENSE!

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft Hawk and sign Abraham from the Jets..
I know that's not going to happen, but it'd be pretty awesome.

Edit: Originally said Bush, meant Hawk

OP
OP
W

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
subin said:
Draft Bush and sign Abraham from the Jets..
I know that's not going to happen, but it'd be pretty awesome.

Like you said, It ain't gonna happen. Bush is LONG gone by #5 and it is way too expensive to trade up for him.

Tromadz- Is Kamppy coming back? What if he don't? Are you still happy with the DL and pass rush ? I have to wonder myself.

And for the record I like Hawk as do the majority of the people.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if KAMP doesnt come back(i heard negotiations are going on, i hope TT gets him) then maybe that DE pick looks pretty good. But the fact that we outbid the vikings last year for kamp makes me think bates\TT like him..so...yay, go kamp!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
cheesey said:

Cheesey, I couldnt disagree more with you about pressure on QBs. There were so many times Kamp and KGB would get to the quarterback, make him move around, make him throw a bad pass. Could that be why GB had one of the best PASS defenses in the league? Could it have been pressure from KAMP and KGB? Think about it.

(KGB is still a liability on the run, and should be replaced, but we both gave reasons why we wont draft one #1)

Maybe the Packers had the #1 pass defense because the teams weren't behind much at all against GB this year and could run, run, and then run again....just my opinion. I like Hawk but I think if a DE (Williams?) could make a "Julius Peppers" type of impact, you definitely draft him. A strong pass-rusher can help the defense at every level at least in passing situations. Ultimately, I don't believe GB goes wrong with either pick.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
our run defense was pretty good too though

Yeah, you're right...especially early on. They kind of wore down towards the end of the season but what defense wouldn't when it's on the field all the time.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawke is too short, I'd much prefer Chad Greenway who is 6'4" and would make a hell of a middle linebacker. We could then move Barnett to the outside where he would excell. At 6'1" Hawke will get lost in the crowd at the line of scrimmage.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett: 6'2'' 230
Hawke 6'1" 240

I think they're both best on the outside. Seems you need height to manage the middle. Urlacher's 6'4" for example. Barnett just gets lost in the pile of bigger guys--I think he'd be fine on the outside.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:
A. J. Hawk is the best LB in college football .

Yes, he may be. But we need a middle linebacker and I think most see Hawke as an outside linebacker. Maybe we can get both!

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB might be able to get Abdul hodge or ahmad brooks in the second since both of their stocks are dropping rapidly

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ive heard about this jimmy williams CB. However, carroll has destroyed any faith I will ever have again for a rookie CB.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
ive heard about this jimmy williams CB. However, carroll has destroyed any faith I will ever have again for a rookie CB.

Jimmy Williams is 6'2". He is supposed to be the best cover guy in College. Carrol is 5'10".

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats good. But when I hear "1st round cornerback" my stomach gets knotted up, and I have to rush to the bathroom in case it loosens my bowels and I **** all over myself. Carroll has done this to me. DAMN YOU, CARROLL! DAMN YOU!

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like A.J. Hawk and Mario Williams. I think if they are both available the Packers should draft A.J. Hawk because we need a LB more than a DE.... plus there are many good FA DE's this year. Either way I'm happy though. :D

Members online

Latest posts