1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

A.J. Hawk a Better Selection??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by figtab, Mar 15, 2006.

1. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But with mario we could drop him to LB sometimes and play a 3-4. Have him get to the line then drop back it would be very tricky.

2. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Williams could be an ok LB and an amazing DE. He's 6-7 295... He'll need to slim down to play LB and that would hurt him because of his height.

I think he could add pounds and play DT better than lose pounds and play LB. Overall though he's too good of a DE to move anywhere.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    He could have replied like Tauscher did when asked if he would move to guard. Tauscher said he would rather not but if the team needed him to make the switch he would do it and do his best. Tauscher let it be known he didn't want to be moved, but if he had to move to help the team he would.

4. Toronto_Cheesehead

Toronto_Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt the Pack will ever show any 3-4 fronts. Pickett isn't big enough to play NT in that formation. With an athlete like Mario you could always blitz a DB and drop him into a zone from his DE position though. Peppers has gotten a couple INTs in Carolina like that.

5. figtab

figtab Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pickett is about 315-325 he is plenty big

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    What the crap!

A.J. Hawk ran a 4.38 40! That's freaking crazy. (I know I'm probably old news with this, i just watch his interview on ESPN lol)

7. vikes93animal

vikes93animal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From a Viking fan and a Buckeye fan. You guys will be sorry if he is there and you dont draft him. AJ is a beast. He trains with Butch Reynolds, if you know who he is.
    He loves to lay the wood, is tireless and studies his opponents at length. Plus he has the name. Hawk, what a name for a LB. And you cannot have enough players from Ohio State on your team.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    After watching the interview with him, I was impressed.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Randomly stumbling across this thread was very interesting. Not going to rip anyone for a post 5 years ago, other than the AJ Hawk 40 time. WTF!

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Yeah, how the hell a guy that runs 4.38 40 can't cover even slow TEs?

Goes to show how stupid the 40 yard dash is...

11. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    Hahaha 40 times mean nothing.. Looking back at this now... Tramon Williams ran a 4.59 in his!

12. Ausnadian

Ausnadian Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    it's just another stat for the pundits to waste time talking about. I don't care if the guy can run it in 4 flat, if he doesn't have a good football brain, I don't want him.