A.J. Dillon tests positive for COVID-19 [OP from 11/2020]

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough... but it’s pretty clear that no one else in here has gotten that message either.

I have talked to multiple people already. I have no way of knowing whether Poker is getting my messages or not, and I was trying to make sure he did.

Understand?

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright guys.

If you wanna talk about this, make a thread on the off topic board.

As this is the football board, let’s keep it to football. If anybody cares to disagree with that and continue the conversation here, they may take a short time out.

I will leave this thread here, but if it continues, you are under warning of a short suspension? Is this all understood? Keep it to football.

That's not very gleeful Gary, and IMO a bit unwarranted.

Threads get hijacked all the time, rarely getting back to near 100% of the original reason it was started, Covid is part of the post so still in line with the original post. if the political stuff had carried on then i would agree with the above

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not very gleeful Gary, and IMO a bit unwarranted.

Threads get hijacked all the time, rarely getting back to near 100% of the original reason it was started, Covid is part of the post so still in line with the original post. if the political stuff had carried on then i would agree with the above

It was getting political and unnecessary. There is an off topic board for this reason. Use it.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have talked to multiple people already. I have no way of knowing whether Poker is getting my messages or not, and I was trying to make sure he did.

Understand?
I understand that you keep wanting to talk about Pokerbrat for some reason... when I had already acknowledged your point there.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that you keep wanting to talk about Pokerbrat for some reason... when I had already acknowledged your point there.

I misunderstood you as saying I was directing it at Brat and not other people. My apologies. Sounded like you thought I was only targeting him, and I wanted to make it clear that is not the case.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I misunderstood you as saying I was directing it at Brat and not other people. My apologies. Sounded like you thought I was only targeting him, and I wanted to make it clear that is not the case.
Fair enough.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

You can add Kamal Martin to the list of useless picks.

Martin has played pretty well in limited snaps. While it's disappointing he hasn't been able to stay healthy there's no reason to consider him a wasted pick by any means.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Martin has played pretty well in limited snaps. While it's disappointing he hasn't been able to stay healthy there's no reason to consider him a wasted pick by any means.
Fair enough, but limited snaps is not contributing or producing so for now a wasted pick. Moving forward who knows. We need Martin produce now, because our ILB corp is basically lousy.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Fair enough, but limited snaps is not contributing or producing so for now a wasted pick. Moving forward who knows.

It's unrealistic to expect a fifth rounder to receive a significant amount of playing time early even when healthy in the first place.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The CDC estimates the total infection fatality rate, including the vulnerable and aged, around 99.98%. Even among the 70+ age bracket, it's conservatively 95+%.

The danger of this virus is grossly overstated. It doesn't help that so many deaths have been attributed to it when other causes were involved. But when hospitals get reimbursed more money for "covid" deaths, that'll happen.

Yep covid is now big business, how much money alone do you think has been spent on masks since this began? By the amount of littered masks I've seen, there's usually at least 1 per day that ends up on my front lawn, I'd guess it's well well into the billions.

And my own mom who is on the side of "I'm scared of this" told me early on during this, like April, that her friend showed her a medical bill in which her insurance company was charged $9000 for a single coronavirus test...when stuff like that and the covid death certificate bonus are going on of course people are going to take advantage of it

Now let's see how much money gets made on the vaccine...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially the way it started with the postponements and rescheduling early on.

Thankfully, after tomorrow, it will all go away. Personally I find it amazing that whichever side it is pushing whatever agenda that they got the entire world to go along with it and ruin their economies just to influence our election.

It clearly wasn't just to influence the election in the united states but it was also clearly handled very negligently.

Humans are just animals who are part of nature, part of a complex and unexplainable ecosystem that has survived on this planet for a very long time, it survived before humans and it will survive after.

Humans have a weird desire to pretend they are not just animals or part of nature...that they are above nature and they can do it better is an absurd thought.

Animals have been surviving viral pandemics since the beginning of time over and over again. They've done it thru herd immunity, which is nature's natural defense against a disease wiping out an entire species.

You're right this is not at all about the us election, it is about the same thing pretty much everything else in this global society we have created is about, and that's making MONEY $ it's plain to see to anyone willing to use common sense

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough, but limited snaps is not contributing or producing so for now a wasted pick. Moving forward who knows. We need Martin produce now, because our ILB corp is basically lousy.

Kamal Martin is the best inside linebacker the Packers have had in a decade. The only guy who might be better than him is fellow rookie barnes. Just be patient he's gonna make some big plays down the strech and into the playoffs

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Kamal Martin is the best inside linebacker the Packers have had in a decade. The only guy who might be better than him is fellow rookie barnes.

In my opinion it's way too early to make such a statement.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It clearly wasn't just to influence the election in the united states but it was also clearly handled very negligently.

Humans are just animals who are part of nature, part of a complex and unexplainable ecosystem that has survived on this planet for a very long time, it survived before humans and it will survive after.

Humans have a weird desire to pretend they are not just animals or part of nature...that they are above nature and they can do it better is an absurd thought.

Animals have been surviving viral pandemics since the beginning of time over and over again. They've done it thru herd immunity, which is nature's natural defense against a disease wiping out an entire species.

You're right this is not at all about the us election, it is about the same thing pretty much everything else in this global society we have created is about, and that's making MONEY $ it's plain to see to anyone willing to use common sense
Just read where minks are passing out a new strain of Covid. People that have already had Covid can get it. One of the Scandanavian countries where they raise minks for coats. They are culling them like crazy.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read where minks are passing out a new strain of Covid. People that have already had Covid can get it. One of the Scandanavian countries where they raise minks for coats. They are culling them like crazy.

Yeah I read that too, look antibodies don't mean you can't get something again. They mean that your body has a head start in knowing how to combat it...I think it might of been Denmark.

There's lots of coronavirus strains out there, most just cause the common cold. Can you get a cold more than once?

I mean I never said people aren't getting sick or aren't dying. I said nature is undefeated and to think that you can do it better is a bit aloof...

The proper response would have been the 1 to 5 % of people who are especially valunurable stay inside, socially isolate, use Amazon. No matter what you or I think of Amazon the fact is you could literally never leave your home just by using one app

To take an economy that was going good and totally collapse it was a negligent response. Especially because it eliminated or at the very least drastically impeded nature's preferred and undefeated defense, herd immunity. No scientist would argue that the quicker we get to herd immunity the better whether they're on the vaccine said or the nature side

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

That's why it's called a prediction

You literall said that Martin is the best inside linebacker the Packers have had in the past 10 years. There was nothing about you predicting it in your last post.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You literall said that Martin is the best inside linebacker the Packers have had in the past 10 years. There was nothing about you predicting it in your last post.

Yes and since he hasn't played yet, the fact it's a prediction should be implied...or do I literally have to say, "since he's only played 29 snaps, this is a prediction"

He only has to be better than blake martinez, I'm saying he is best since Nick Barnett, desmond bishop basically and they weren't really that good​

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I read that too, look antibodies don't mean you can't get something again. They mean that your body has a head start in knowing how to combat it...I think it might of been Denmark.

There's lots of coronavirus strains out there, most just cause the common cold. Can you get a cold more than once?

I mean I never said people aren't getting sick or aren't dying. I said nature is undefeated and to think that you can do it better is a bit aloof...

The proper response would have been the 1 to 5 % of people who are especially valunurable stay inside, socially isolate, use Amazon. No matter what you or I think of Amazon the fact is you could literally never leave your home just by using one app

To take an economy that was going good and totally collapse it was a negligent response. Especially because it eliminated or at the very least drastically impeded nature's preferred and undefeated defense, herd immunity. No scientist would argue that the quicker we get to herd immunity the better whether they're on the vaccine said or the nature side
The World Health Organization said we may need to re-think the vaccine because of this. It may end up being much less effective (i.e.,not effective enough) because of this mutation.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The World Health Organization said we may need to re-think the vaccine because of this. It may end up being much less effective (i.e.,not effective enough) because of this mutation.

Yes I read the article, the vaccine is not the quickest or least costly in terms of lives, way to herd immunity. The vaccine is the most profitable route to herd immunity

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So it is Jordan Love with Covid.

I heard Love is in COVID protocol not because he tested positive, but because he shares an apartment in Green Bay with Barnes, who tested positive. So much like Williams when Dillon tested positive, its the close contacts that also have to be put on the list and in protocol.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Yes and since he hasn't played yet, the fact it's a prediction should be implied...or do I literally have to say, "since he's only played 29 snaps, this is a prediction"

He only has to be better than blake martinez, I'm saying he is best since Nick Barnett, desmond bishop basically and they weren't really that good​

It's impossible to figure out what a poster might imply as long as he posts something differently.

With that being said Martin has a chance to develop into the best inside linebacker the Packers have had in a long time but it's way too early to make an educated guess about it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you are projecting other teams philosophies on rookie usage onto the Packers. We bring rookies along slowly. I know many here don’t like that but rookies here mostly play when established starters get injured and there has been plenty of that this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts