1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A Hilarious Thread

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by kemosabe, Aug 17, 2005.

1. kemosabe

kemosabe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe I read a thread below where many of you found it fit to cast stones at Steel Wheels. What a joke!

I read a lot on this forum and a few others but I rarely make any posts. Frankly, the reason I don't post here much is because I have to admit that I agree with much of what Steel Wheels has said about the Packers and Mike Sherman. I didn't want to get involved with the same controversy that Steel Wheels did.

From where I sat Steel Wheels was harassed and criticised for having an opinion that was different from the pro-Packer, pro-Sherman mainstream and the administrators watched and let it happen. I can't believe that a bunch of grown men and women, or should I say boys and girls, are intimidated by a person who has a differing opinion. Is there not enough maturity on this forum as to not allow a person his freedom of opinion?

Did Steel Wheels use profanity? Oh my! Did it cause many of the self righteous among you to blush? It didn't faze me a bit. Maybe it's because I am mature and have been around enough to know what life is all about. I don't have a need to spend my time on a Packer forum harrassing and criticising people who have different opinions than mine.

If forum life is too above your head and you're not mature enough to handle it, why not join the girl scouts and sell girl scout cookies. It would be more your speed.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I am personally new to this forum, but I like their style.

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I have no problems casting stones at SW, as he felt the need to start a thread titled "Ryan F*** you and F*** this forum". I'm over it.

I never once got on his case about his differing opinions, just about how they were portrayed. He did use profanity, and personal attacks, both of which I don't want here and are not needed in a civil discussion. He was an underdog in his thoughts and that makes it tough to bring your points to the table, but if you do it with class and candor then people will take your points and think about it. Turning EVERY single post into his personal anti-sherman soapbox got tiresome. Then when he went off on me, I banned him. Simple. Like I said, I had no problem with his differing opinions, just present them appropriately.

Plus starting a thread titled "Hey Ryan, are you kidding or are you as stupid as you look?" probably isn't going to sit REAL well with me.

<center>***Moved to The Atrium***</center>

4. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    The "reason"... that Chase was booted (as I understood it) was because he insulted the Administrator....

THAT... was a No-No!

I, personally, could care less what he posted, or how he viewed the Packers - but to be fair, he posted as if he was a Packerssuck.com devotee..... That's his business and it's a free Country. But, when he made it personal and went after the poster on a personal level.... there... he transgressed....!

One should always post to the subject matter of the thread....
    Wear those shoes yourself.... it all works out in the end.

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    And I don't mind it if people give me crap or talk a little smack with me etc, I am pretty easy to get a long with and I also give people a lot of chances, but eventually it will be enough. That was enough. Don't come on MY board and "F***" me and "F***" the forum. You're gone.

6. kemosabe

kemosabe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Ryan, You allowed other posters to harrass and criticise Steel Wheels creating a bad situation. They knew they could get away with it and that was incouragement for them to do what was wrong!

7. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I may have let people get away with too much, but it was always sw (in my readings) that took it to the next level of personal insults and profanity. That in conjunction with him attacking me on MY board, got him banned. As much as I try to be fair to everyone here, sometimes I will make mistakes. If there should have been someone banned with him that I didn't send packing I guess that was a mistake.

Note I did give everyone notice at once in a thread that, that type of posting from that point forward would not be acceptable. From there on out SW continued to post personal attacks etc. That in conjunction with his thread of F Ryan and F this forum got him banned.

8. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kemosabe, if you have had ANY history on the old NC forum, which by the sound of it you have none, Steel wheels/chase was nothing more than a troller who liked to instigate and inflame with his threads. Myself, I can be as critical of Sherman as anyone...that is not the issue here. If someone ever dared to offer a counterpoint to his endless rants, it was on...and it devolved quickly, usually pulling the whole forum with him.

Bottom line...it wasn't his perpetually negative view of the team, it was his willingness...no, make that purpose, to start a fight..which he succeeded with regularly.