1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A guy on the radio summed it up best.......

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by cheesey, Jul 12, 2008.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Listening to WTMJ this morning (out of Milwaukee) a guy summed up the whole Favre/Packers thing best i think.
    It's like there is a divorce, and you are friends of both parties involved. You love both, but which side do you go with?
    Thats kind of how i feel.........I love both. And which ever way you side, you will make enemies.

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't think its necessary to take sides. You can love both. My parents divorced when I was 18 and they don't talk to each other at all. But I still have good relationships with both.

As far as the Favre/Packers debate, I'm really not going to blame either side. All good things must come to an end. And I will root for Brett wherever he goes, just not if he plays the Packers.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats exactly how i feel David.
    I have my opinions on who was right on this or that. But when it all comes to an end, i will love Favre AND the Packers.
    I was a Packer fan before Favre was even born, and i will die a Packer fan. Heck, if the screw ups of the 1970's and 80's didn't make me leave, why would this?

4. BlueMoose

BlueMoose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, Cheesy. That sums it up perfectly.

5. Jake

Jake Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett Favre made his bed on this one. The Packers have made all the right decisions to move this team forward, including offering Brett a chance to return. If Favre ends up anywhere else, it's no fault but his own.

This divorce is the result of a Brett Favre affair. The Packers are the real victims here.

6. Arles

Arles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hold no ill will towards Brett. And I agree with the sentiment above that I will be rooting for him to do well in games not against GB. That said, Favre can't expect for the end to be entirely one-sided. You can't string along the franchise for 3 seasons, retire once - talk about coming back, then retire again and expect GB to welcome you with open arms 2 weeks before camp.

For the same reasons Favre was given some room to decide to comeback and 2-3 chances to return before June, the Packers should be allowed to control his rights. As long as they don't send him to Miami for some magic beans, I don't see how Favre can be upset. And, in the end, Favre has the ability to stay retired if he doesn't like the team.

7. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I love Brett, and I was on his side in this until I heard the story of him changing his mind twice less than a month after his press conference. I can understand indecisiveness as well as anyone, but he's really put the Packers into a no-win situation here.

I honestly can't think of any resolutions to this that are good for everyone involved.

I think the best we can hope for is that the Packers trade him to a team he'll be willing to play for (and maybe restructure his contract for). Hopefully someone in the AFC - or at least an NFC team that we won't be playing against anytime soon.

8. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's like a divorce where one side decides to leave, then doesn't understand when the other side decides to move on with their life.