a great rivalry

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We sucked back then when McMac was a Bear. There was no rivalry. And we were dirty under Forrest Gregg.
Those were bad times for Packer fans back then.
McMac played for both the Packers and Vikings..... even Farve and Longwell didn't get all 3

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Came across this article on the Packers Bears. A couple nice tid bits of info I didnt know as well. A real gem was the part about Jim McMahon as a Packer wearing his bears jersey to the white house visit in 97.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/sports/football/23cncbears.html?_r=1

Couple of errors, however:

It was Gene Ronzani, not "Ronzoni".

Jack Vainisi would've had a hand in drafting six future Hall Of Famers, not nine as the article states (Jordan & Davis were drafted by the Browns, and Willie Wood was signed as a free agent).

The Packers had four winning seasons in the '70s & '80s combined, not three (maybe the author forgot about the strike-shortened 1982 season?).

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome article. Thanks for sharing. I think rivalries, especially division rivalries ebb and flow depending on who is playing well and competing against each other for the top spot in the division. It's not always going to be the Bears, I would look for the Lions rivalry to start to heat up in the next few years as a young Lions team comes into its own.

Members online

Latest posts