A few tidbits from PFW...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Krish, Riverside, CA: What is your opinion of the Mike McCarthy hiring by the Packers ? Do you think Favre will return given this ? Where do you think the Packers are headed next season with this hire ?

Chris Neubauer : Not a big fan of the McCarthy hiring. I think Ted Thompson hired McCarthy because he was the candidate he felt least threaten by. I think Thompson fired Sherman because he thought Sherman, who once had Thompson's job as well as being head coach, threaten his power too much. I think Favre will return because he still has so much competitive fire left in him. I talked to Aaron Rodgers at the mid-point of the season and he indicated that he was quite confident Favre would return. Favred definitely doesn't want to go out the way he did. If the Packers get healthy, they will be in playoff contention again next season i the weak NFC North. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jim bates (green bay airport): do you think it was a mistake for the packers not to make me their next coach?

Chris Neubauer : Yes. Mr. Bates you proved you were head-coaching material when you took over the Dolphins in 2004 and your Packers defense was the only thing that was impressive about the Packers last season.

NINER MOURNER (NAPA< CA): Will Norv Turner be a good fit across the bay is it possible that the niners can leave the basement of the nfc worst? Also is it possible for Alex Smith to have a sophmore SLUMP if so god help us.

Chris Neubauer : Anything is better than Mike McCarthy's offense from last year. Oops. McCarthy is the Packers head coach now. He can't screw up Brett Favre, can he?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is Chris Neubauer? Whoever he is, I hope he's wrong about McCarthy. I'm curious why he mentions a comment from Aaron Rodgers at mid-season as evidence that Favre will return. For one thing, that was mid-season, and a lot has changed since then. A LOT. For another thing, can you imagine how bad it would look for Rodgers if he was quoted as saying that Brett Favre might retire?

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Who is Chris Neubauer? Whoever he is, I hope he's wrong about McCarthy. I'm curious why he mentions a comment from Aaron Rodgers at mid-season as evidence that Favre will return. For one thing, that was mid-season, and a lot has changed since then. A LOT. For another thing, can you imagine how bad it would look for Rodgers if he was quoted as saying that Brett Favre might retire?

He is a writer and analyst for Pro Football Weekly. He actually wrote a good deal about happenings around the league this week and this was from a question/answer session -- I simply deleted everything but the Packer referrences. Since it is a premium site I can only post parts without violating copyright laws.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for your post Bruce. I happen to pretty much agree with everything stated here. After listening to the press conference of Jim Bates leaving, there was no doubt in my mind that TT screwed up big time with this decision. I hope I'm wrong and I hope McCarthy can turn this team around, but I'm very confident, wherever Bates goes next, a solid defense will follow.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce,
Be prepared, the wrath of those who think TT is the all powerful,all knowing, savior of The Green Bay Packers will soon be upon you!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts