A few end of year stats

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre was -9 rushing yards for the year. But with that 21 yard run today, he'll end the year in positive yardage rushing.

Ryan Grant didn't crack 1000 yards, but was close.

We all know Favre's passing records, so I won't post them. However, Favre ends this season with 160 wins, which is the record for QBs. My guess is he'll come back next year and extend that record.

And even though Driver sat out today, he still finished the season with his fourth consecutive year over 1000 yards receiving. He's had five in his career.

Congratulations to Koren Robinson for catching his first TD pass as a Green Bay Packer. May he have many, many more.

And also congratulations to Atari Bigby for leading the Packers with five interceptions.

EDIT: Forgot a good one. The Packers as a team threw for 30 TDs. Favre threw for 28, Rodgers threw one, and Nall threw one.

HomerJay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good stuff. What a turn around from 8-8.

Agreed. Think back to December of 2006 and how the Packers were doing and what the future looked like. Did you think we would end up with 13 wins and a first round bye in 2007? I hoped it, but it was a loooooooong shot in my mind (and many others no doubt).

Much respect to the entire Packers squad this season, and many good vibes for them this post-season.

I know I'M ready for another Packers-Patriots SB!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all know Favre's passing records, so I won't post them. However, Favre ends this season with 160 wins, which is the record for QBs. My guess is he'll come back next year and extend that record.

Im confused here the record was 148 wins by a starting QB which was held by John Elway so where does 160 wins come from?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

Im confused here the record was 148 wins by a starting QB which was held by John Elway so where does 160 wins come from?

playoff wins

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, it's not playoff wins, you were right about elway's, but it was broken at the beginning of the season, then brett went on to add 11 more.

as for this seasons stats, i was just looking up passing stats, and Brett had the most 40 yards+ passes with 16, over Brady's 15. :) the most memorable were the 2 in Denver I believe.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
no, it's not playoff wins, you were right about elway's, but it was broken at the beginning of the season, then brett went on to add 11 more.

as for this seasons stats, i was just looking up passing stats, and Brett had the most 40 yards+ passes with 16, over Brady's 15. :) the most memorable were the 2 in Denver I believe.

Thanks for answering the question.

I'm actually surprised Favre beat Brady in this category. I thought for sure it would be Brady.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Favre also broke the record for 80 + yard td's but does anyone know how many?
Also to bad Jennings didn't play. I was hoping him and DD would each get 1000 yards

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:

I'm actually surprised Favre beat Brady in this category. I thought for sure it would be Brady.

looks like we didnt need that deep threat so much afterall.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The announcers mentioned that Favre set a new Packer record for completion percentage. And Mason Crosby set a new Packer record for points by a kicker in a season. FOX said it was a new Packer scoring record, but it's not even close to what Paul Hornung had one year when he was both the halfback and the kicker.

I also think it's cool that Crosby may lead the league in scoring. A rookie hasn't done that since 1985.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The announcers mentioned that Favre set a new Packer record for completion percentage. And Mason Crosby set a new Packer record for points by a kicker in a season. FOX said it was a new Packer scoring record, but it's not even close to what Paul Hornung had one year when he was both the halfback and the kicker.

I also think it's cool that Crosby may lead the league in scoring. A rookie hasn't done that since 1985.

and yet, everyone is in love with Nick Folk. Crosby, he don't get no respect.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby's been pretty good, but Folk has been better. Coming into today, Folk was 24 for 28, which is 85.7%. Crosby was 29 for 37, which was 78.4%. This year, that's a below average percentage.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Crosby's been pretty good, but Folk has been better. Coming into today, Folk was 24 for 28, which is 85.7%. Crosby was 29 for 37, which was 78.4%. This year, that's a below average percentage.

Crosby's kicking at Lambeau half his games. The colder it gets, the harder it is to kick.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn...

I wanted to see Favre have 30 TD's and 4,000 yds. passing...

(Not bad for a guy some here was saying was washed up, should be retired or traded, and had "lost arm strength and accuracy" at the beginning of the season....)
:lol:

I also wanted to see Ryan Grant crack 1,000...

wranglerjeansfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even if he didnt get to break 1000, grant averaged 5.1 yards per carry on the season. does anyone ever remember one of our running backs doing that?

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even if he didnt get to break 1000, grant averaged 5.1 yards per carry on the season. does anyone ever remember one of our running backs doing that?

2003 - we had 3 RBs who rushed 5.0 or higher ypc.

So yes, it's been 4 years.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn...

I wanted to see Favre have 30 TD's and 4,000 yds. passing...

(Not bad for a guy some here was saying was washed up, should be retired or traded, and had "lost arm strength and accuracy" at the beginning of the season....)

I also wanted to see Ryan Grant crack 1,000...

Me too, my friend. Favre got his yards, but I really wanted to see him crack 30 TDs. I don't want P Manning to catch Favre in games won or TDs.

But I was really bummed when Grant went down. I was hoping he'd get his 101 yards (giving him 1000).

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:

I suppose Brady doesn't have many 40+ fields to work with. his defence and special teams usually allow him to start his drives from about the centre of the field. nothing against our guys though.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Dallas hurting a little and playing poorly, we might actually have a shot at going to the SB! Would be awesome, but in all honesty i dont think we could compete with New England or Indy. Especially since our pass defense is not that great. I dont want to get blown out in the SB, that would suck. Then we would have to listen to all the announcers saying how the SB should of been between Indy and NE, and how Green Bay is not the same class.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
mike_donnelly said:

I suppose Brady doesn't have many 40+ fields to work with. his defence and special teams usually allow him to start his drives from about the centre of the field. nothing against our guys though.

K-Rob runs it back to the opponent's 39.

Brett - Koren, next time take a touchback. I'm trying to roll up some stats.

Koren - Oh yeah, forgot. Sorry about that Brett.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good stuff. What a turn around from 8-8.
Yeah!?!?!
But the year before THAT we were only 4-12!!!!!!!!!so TT SUX!!!!
Now with the 13-3 season, that means we are only 25-23!!!!~Barely over .500!!!!!TT should get the AXE! He OBVIOUSLY doesn't know what he's doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!END SARCASM! :wink:
(Sorry..........I couldn't resist that!!!)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts