1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A few classics to help you through the football(less) days..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bruce, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A few classics to help you through the football(less) days of summer...

Oct. 7, 1945: Don Hutson on his way to scoring 29-point in a single quarter.
    [​IMG]
    Don Hutson (1935-'45) is the most prolific scorer in the history of the Green Bay Packers.

Dec. 31, 1961: Packers Rip Giants, 37-0, As Pvt. Hornung Scores 19 Points
    [​IMG]
    Vince Lombardi's first NFL title as coach of the Green Bay Packers came in his third season.

Jan. 2, 1966: '65 NFL Title vs. Browns
    [​IMG]Jim Taylor running over Browns on his way to the MVP award and one of our 12 World Championships.
    [​IMG]Packers coach Vince Lombardi is carried off the field by Jim Taylor (left) and Paul Hornung after the Packers' victory.

Jan. 16, 1967: Super Bowl I
    [​IMG]Bart Starr, drops back to hit Max McGee with one of his two touchdowns in the rout of the Chiefs.

Dec. 31, 1967: The Ice Bowl
    [​IMG]
    The less famous shot of the goal posts coming down in the celebration after the sneak.

1992: Favre's first game as a Packer
    [​IMG]
    Brett Favre celebrates after throwing the winning touchdown in his debut as the Packers' quarterback.

Dec. 26, 1993:
    [​IMG]
    Nothing much was made of it then, but this game marked the debut of the 'Lambeau Leap' when LeRoy Butler jumped into the end zone seats after a touchdown

Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.
    Vince Lombardi

2. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Bruce....I needed that!

3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Great way to pass the time, or you can watch games on video. tape them during the season. just the best ones though.

4. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome Bruce!

Thank you.

5. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the pictures and the time you took. Enjooyed it much :lol: :lol:

6. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Or you can spend time with your kids, call your mom or even play with your dog.

7. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes Phil, thats another good idea for a Bears fan. Maybe even mow your lawn or wash your windows? I dont do windows.

Maybe even travel to see a loved one. or even go to church. Brilliant Phil.

8. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe phil, you dont have any good enough bears games to put on tape.

9. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Just did that actually...I had to work until around 5 Christmas Eve, so I set a tape for the Packers/Vikings game...classic game in my opinion, great finish, division on the line, back and forth all the way, christmas eve it had that holiday feel if you get what i'm saying.

Funny story, I was at work, my friend kept texting me..."oh no 14-0 vikings only 9 minutes in"..."down 21-3 in the 2nd", i was a little nervous, was relieved when i got home to see the actual score, javon had just scored one of his TD's, i believe the pack went up 21-17 as I got home.

10. chickpackfan

chickpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I vividly remember LeRoy's Lambeau leap. It was a cold cold game and the Packers d- not only had an interception for a TD (followed by the first leap by LeRoy) . Someone - I forget who sacked Jeff Hosteller and the ground was so hard from the cold - it knocked him out of the game.
    The sack was hardly anything - but the ground was like cement when his head hit it.

11. PackerCoz

PackerCoz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: A few classics to help you through the football(less) da

All you have to do to motivate yourself for ANYTHING is hang THIS PICTURE of Lombardi on the wall, and before you know it, it will motivate you to do whatever you seek to accomplish.

The best "motivator" of our time...

12. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    My favorite Packer moment since the super bowl

13. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Imagine what Favre would do with receivers as wide open as Hutson is in that picture. Hutson is one Packer player I never seen play because he was before my time who I wish I could have seen play. It's too bad ESPN Classic doesn't show some of his footage. He had a few seasons that had Babe Ruth like numbers that were way ahead of his time like Ruth. Ruth had more homeruns than some teams in some years, and I think the same was true of Hutson with regards to receptions.

14. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Actally my favorite tape is not of a playoff game or a Bears-Packers match up. It is when the Bears went down to Texas and slaughted a good Cowboys team 44-0. That was the most complete *** whipping that I have ever seen and it came against the Hated Cowboys at home.

15. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    glad you have some moments of yours phil.