A fans story and the Packers journey to greatness in 2010

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I am posting this because I cannot sleep (have to work in 3 1/2 hours, should be fun), or because I am all kinds of happy, or because I am feeling very sentimental, or all of the above.. But I love the Green Bay Packers.

I am a 23 year old guy from a town of 8,000, far, far away from Green Bay. I have always liked playing and watching football more than hockey (not a popular choice where I'm from) because my dad loved the game as much as anyone I have ever been around.

I didn't have a team until I was working on my dads milk truck at the age of nine and picked up a contest form that was on a display case in one of the stores we delivered to. I slipped it in my pocket until we got back into the truck later on that day. The contest was to pick the winner of Super Bowl XXXI, as well as the MVP. I remember him saying the Patriots didn't beat anyone to get to the SB, so he picked the Packers and their best player, Brett Favre.

Favre didn't win the MVP award of course, but who would pick Desmond Howard? We ended up winning a SB XXXI authentic football (that still sits in my parents house to this day). I was a fan of the Packers ever since. Even though I started on the bandwagon, I repaid the Packers with years of loyal devotion.

I cried when Elway ended our hopes in XXXII, my heart broke on 4th and 26, and I was never happier when Favre played so well after his father past. Today, I watched the Packers win their 13th title.

Even thought I have never been to Lambeau, never took a step in Green Bay, or have ever had the pleasure of watching the Packers with my own two eyes, I feel connected to them and to the rest of the fans that have cheered them on through the years with me. Now that I am finished university and working I cannot wait to make my first trip to Lambeau next year.

2010 Super Bowl Champions. I don't think that will ever get old.

Members online

Latest posts