A different spin on the Slow FA activity with Pack

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
pyledriver80 said:
longtimefan said:
Lare:

Who is to say that moss and the Packers dont have a dela in place already ;)

Why not make it public?

Pyle, I think the deal may be tentatively in place, the only stick up is the draft. If for example, we send our second round pick this year for Moss, well the draft has come and there is a player that TT thinks can make a Jennings like impact then I think they'll try to work out other compensation.

TT is one to value his picks, so if he thinks he might get an outside shot at a good player, he may resist the urge to pull the trigger right now.

Then a deal is NOT in place. When a deal gets reached, if it does, then it will be announced.

Who knows what the real deal is but I wouldn't bet the bank Moss will be a Packer next year. He may very well be, but this whole thing seems too overhyped. My personal opinion is there was some talk between the teams, perhaps an inquiry, but I am not convinced its been much more than that.

I answered that question already as to why it isnt made public yet..The draft...

Like AADP said...I have a sneaky feeling that the 2 teams have a TWO agreements..One is in case Ted stays at 16 , and the other agreement would be if Ted trades away that pick..

The compensation would change in each situation..But the results would be Moss to here and a player and picks to the Raiders

The 2 teams have been talking for longer then people know...And Moss ( or his agent) has dealt with Andrew on getting a new deal done.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
pyledriver80 said:
longtimefan said:
Lare:

Why not make it public?

Pyle, I think the deal may be tentatively in place, the only stick up is the draft. If for example, we send our second round pick this year for Moss, well the draft has come and there is a player that TT thinks can make a Jennings like impact then I think they'll try to work out other compensation.

TT is one to value his picks, so if he thinks he might get an outside shot at a good player, he may resist the urge to pull the trigger right now.

Then a deal is NOT in place. When a deal gets reached, if it does, then it will be announced.

Who knows what the real deal is but I wouldn't bet the bank Moss will be a Packer next year. He may very well be, but this whole thing seems too overhyped. My personal opinion is there was some talk between the teams, perhaps an inquiry, but I am not convinced its been much more than that.

I answered that question already as to why it isnt made public yet..The draft...

Like AADP said...I have a sneaky feeling that the 2 teams have a TWO agreements..One is in case Ted stays at 16 , and the other agreement would be if Ted trades away that pick..

The compensation would change in each situation..But the results would be Moss to here and a player and picks to the Raiders

The 2 teams have been talking for longer then people know...And Moss ( or his agent) has dealt with Andrew on getting a new deal done.

Seems like a lot of speculation. Just too many if's and's and but's for me. The Raiders are not going to wait to see if TT trades away the pick if they want it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
pyledriver80 said:
pyledriver80 said:
longtimefan said:
Lare:

Why not make it public?

Seems like a lot of speculation. Just too many if's and's and but's for me. The Raiders are not going to wait to see if TT trades away the pick if they want it.

It is true that it is speculation, but to say the raiders arent going to wait, well you just never know

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To say the Raiders won't wait is......um...speculation!

Guys, it is all speculation....what the hell man...we are all pissing in the wind right now.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
To say the Raiders won't wait is......um...speculation!

Guys, it is all speculation....what the hell man...we are all pissing in the wind right now.

Then turn your head!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Davis is brilliant, but insane. We know he loves the big armed QB, which Russell certainly is. But a once a generation receiver like Johnson will be awfully hard to pass on. He is the type of receiver who will simply go up and take the ball away from anyone in its vicinity. And as we witnessed in Minny a few years back, you don't need a great QB to get the ball to a guy like this.....just put it up there, and let him go get it. Which makes me believe he might feel compelled to go for Johnson, at which time Moss becomes expendable, and less expensive in terms of trade material.

This is going to be interesting drama over the next month.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe the teams have reached an agreement. I think they're talking. I think the Packers want Moss but they won't give up a 1st and are probably thinking about giving up the 2nd but reluctant to do so. I think the Rodgers for Moss reports are completely false and not happening at all. ESPN Insider has confirmed the Packers are interested in Randy Moss but a deal is not going to happen right away.

Here is what is said. I only took a paragraph from the report.

There have been discussions between the Packers and Raiders regarding a Moss trade but, as one Green Bay official told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli this week: "There have still been more words written about it by [the media] than spoken about it by the people who count the most. There might be some mutual interest, but the difference between being interested and pulling the trigger is still a pretty big one for now."

To me that sounds like both teams are weighing the options right now.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe the teams have reached an agreement. I think they're talking. I think the Packers want Moss but they won't give up a 1st and are probably thinking about giving up the 2nd but reluctant to do so. I think the Rodgers for Moss reports are completely false and not happening at all. ESPN Insider has confirmed the Packers are interested in Randy Moss but a deal is not going to happen right away.

Here is what is said. I only took a paragraph from the report.

There have been discussions between the Packers and Raiders regarding a Moss trade but, as one Green Bay official told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli this week: "There have still been more words written about it by [the media] than spoken about it by the people who count the most. There might be some mutual interest, but the difference between being interested and pulling the trigger is still a pretty big one for now."

To me that sounds like both teams are weighing the options right now.

The discussion they’re referring to I imagine went something like this.

Ring, ring….

Al Davis, “Hello”

Ted Thompson, “Hi Al, this is Ted Thompson”.

Al Davis, “Oh, Hi Ted, hey, did you force Favre out of town yet?

Ted Thompson, “Um…. No Al.”

Al Davis, “Oh darn, I really need a QB”

Ted Thompson, “Yeah you do. But I’m calling to find out your intentions on Randy Moss.”

Al Davis, “Oh, that ungrateful twerp. But, um,… I mean, he’s a great player and I won’t give him up for less than a 1st round draft pick in return.”

Ted Thompson, “That’s a little steep Al, especially for an aging player with declining numbers”

Al Davis, “That may be, but I’ve got too much invested in him to let him go for anything less. Except,…….maybe………well, I suppose I could take a 2nd rounder and someone like Aaron Rodgers.”

Ted Thompson, “Um, no, I don’t think so.”

Al Davis, “You sure? I really need a QB”.

Ted Thompson, “Yes, I’m sure. Anybody else you may be interested in?”

Al Davis, “The only thing left you got that I’d take is a 2nd, a 3rd, and KGB.”

Ted Thompson, “Um, no I don’t think so. Well, It’s been nice talking to you Al.”

Click

Al Davis, “Hey wait, Ted come back! Did I tell you that I’m the father of Anna Nicole Smith’s baby? Hello,……Hello……"

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOLOL!!!
You know......when i read the thread in "NFL News" by Vikesruke about Al Davis getting booty........i IMMEDIATLY thought of Anna Nicole Smith!

Members online

Latest posts