A "defense" that is defenseless at times.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The entire world new that in order for the Vikings to have a chance to pull the upset that AP would have to have a monster game and of course he does. In two meetings this guy is averaging over 200 yards rushing the ball against us!:mad: 200!!!! you mean to tell me "prefessional" defenders who get paid to tackle can't key in on one guy and hold him under 200 yards? when you know he's going to get the ball?

Yes AP is a beast and is going to get his yards but giving up 400 + yards rushing to a DIVISION foe who we "know" so well is sickening. Looking at the game film the tackling angles that i see some of the guy's take, not staying home, the over persueing, arm tackling, some making no effort to even try to tackle, and lack of gang tackling is horrendous. Look if you are going to get ran over you mise well get ran over and get the guy to the ground geeze...diving for his legs and missing or trying to grab him by the arm is not going to work. I have ZERO FAITH this team can beat a team like san francisco, Seattle, or even Washington because they just cannot tackle and those teams like to run the ball and can keep #12 on the sidelines. Call it what you want to but this has got to be one of the poorest tackling teams in football.

Sometimes it just comes down to pride man..as a group of men you have to be like we cannot let one guy embarass our entire unit. So much was at stake yesterday and they found a way to **** away a week off, and having homefield advantage smh. Is this a SB team? no it is not and i don't care who likes it. Call me negative or whatever you like but i'm one of the biggest Packer fans and supporters here but i'm also a realist to. The defense once again is going to be the downfall of this team unless they start taking stopping people more seriously and stop depending on the offense to bail them out so much. If AP rushes for over 200 yds next Saturday and Ponder does not throw gift ints then we will be 1 and done..again. Mark my words.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
[Trolling]WAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAH[/trolling]
I have faith that this team can improve its tackling and take down all three.
WE GANG TACKLED ALL NIGHT!!!
Diving for the guys legs isn't tackling, its cut blocking, and it rarely works for us, or do you not remember when Peprah tried it on Nicks last year in the playoffs?
Sometimes I wonder if you ignore the times the team tackles, or if you just watched the wrong game.
You give up on this team too easily.

That being said, we do need some pride, how are you going to let one man dominate you like that and drag you 3 yards down the field? When Jones hit AP in the mouth and stood him up I nearly ran laps. We SERIOUSLY need to send the DL LB and OL (heck throw in the Safeties) out to learn how to use leverage so they can block/tackle more effectively. I'll agree, he goes 200 we lose.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think this many threads on the defense. I get you are upset but creating 4-5 threads on the defense seems a bit much

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[Trolling]WAAAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAH[/trolling]
I have faith that this team can improve its tackling and take down all three.
WE GANG TACKLED ALL NIGHT!!!
Diving for the guys legs isn't tackling, its cut blocking, and it rarely works for us, or do you not remember when Peprah tried it on Nicks last year in the playoffs?
Sometimes I wonder if you ignore the times the team tackles, or if you just watched the wrong game.
You give up on this team too easily.

That being said, we do need some pride, how are you going to let one man dominate you like that and drag you 3 yards down the field? When Jones hit AP in the mouth and stood him up I nearly ran laps. We SERIOUSLY need to send the DL LB and OL (heck throw in the Safeties) out to learn how to use leverage so they can block/tackle more effectively. I'll agree, he goes 200 we lose.

Dude plese. I know what a dam cut block is..im talkng in regards to OUR guys just diving at AP's legs and not wrapping up. Thank you tho. I guess i watched the wrong back run for over 200 yds again...or wait did i see the wrong game TWICE this year? Nobody is giving up on the freaking team im just calling it how i see it. As far as gang tackle lol yea that was real effective.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Dude plese. I know what a dam cut block is..im talkng in regards to OUR guys just diving at AP's legs and not wrapping up. Thank you tho. I guess i watched the wrong back run for over 200 yds again...or wait did i see the wrong game TWICE this year? Nobody is giving up on the freaking team im just calling it how i see it. As far as gang tackle lol yea that was real effective.
I place the 200 yard performance squarely on Tramon and MD.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you want Capers to go down there and tackle AP personally? These guys are suppose to be professionals and know how to tackle. It was like watching guys chase a chicken...just a joke. I get it he runs like no one in the league but come on.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
LIKE OMG WE SUCK!!! WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM TO LET AP RUN ALL OVER US!!! HE GOT OVER 2000 YARDS THIS SEASON BY JUST RUNNING SO WELL AGAINST US.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't know why you are so shocked. They are basically the same defense from last year just with a few slight tweaks and turns. They still give up huge plays like there is no tomorrow.

A divisional game is tough. I know what you are thinking, we should have won right? Minnesota always plays this team tough. It's divisional, you can't win every single of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts