A blowout by the Pack

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
The Steelers are the Modern Day Raiders who used to play really dirty.

That's my biggest worry today - dirty play. I guess can accept getting beat if they play a better game than we do (right now I don't think they are the better team, but somebody's got to win, and somebody's got to lose, and sometimes the better team loses) but I don't want to see or hear about any of that stuff.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Okay, SnowPlow. If we lose, can I beat the hell out of you? LOL

Why not? You beat me up all the time anyway. :)

Look - I like the Packers WRs on the Steelers CBs. Give me that matchup any day of the week. If the Packers are sharp, they'll spread that defense out and carve them up. Ge up a couple of scores, and suddenly tbe Pittsburgh running game means Jack ****.

I like your chances. I honestly do.

LombardiChick

Reaction score

Look - I like the Packers WRs on the Steelers CBs. Give me that matchup any day of the week. If the Packers are sharp, they'll spread that defense out and carve them up. Ge up a couple of scores, and suddenly tbe Pittsburgh running game means Jack ****.

Good - because remember that feeling of dread you said you had before the Pats/Jets game? I have that. I honestly do. I'm usually the "I like our chances" person...today, for some reason, it's not happening.

Maybe it's just all the Steeler hype.

P.S. Congratulations on Brady!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, SnowPlow. If we lose, can I beat the hell out of you? LOL

Please please please put it on pay-per-view. I willl subscribe to see that!

Right on.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a dream last night that we got blown out 41 - 7. A very vivid dream. Was just talking to SoCal in chat who had a similar dream.

Are we just nervous?

Hah. I had a dream that Harrison knocked out Rodgers and Favre came off the bench and led a come from behind victory in the 4th quarter.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh? You're going back to the Lions game to find reasons why we could struggle? In case you've forgotten, we've won 5 tough games since then.

Yeah, I vaugely remember us winning 5 games in a row to get to the Super Bowl.

In case you've forgotten the Lions defensive line dominated our offensive line that game. Can't happen again. In the 5 games since the o-line has done a decent job at protecting Rodgers. A few bumps here and there but good for the most part. My point is that the Steelers have a great front 7 and we can't let them dominate in the trenches or we could see a repeat of the Lions game.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hah. I had a dream that Harrison knocked out Rodgers and Favre came off the bench and led a come from behind victory in the 4th quarter.

Maybe Farv was the special secret guest at the Packer mtg today?

I can see it now.
MM: Gentlemen, I have a surprise announcement. For a one day contract so that he can retire as a Packer, we have signed up Brett Favre as backup QB! Brett, stop talking to that female reporter and get over here to the mic, please.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Lol yeah, but I guess as long as we win, who cares?

LOL yeah - well, I know it's just a dream, but boy, do I ever want this for Rodgers. He is one of the NFL's good guys, and I would love to see something wonderful happen for him today.

A lot of Packers have been snubbed in post-season awards this year...getting a ring would be one hell of a way to make up for that.

GO PACK GO!!!! FOUR MORE QUARTERS!!!!!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL yeah - well, I know it's just a dream, but boy, do I ever want this for Rodgers. He is one of the NFL's good guys, and I would love to see something wonderful happen for him today.

A lot of Packers have been snubbed in post-season awards this year...getting a ring would be one hell of a way to make up for that.

GO PACK GO!!!! FOUR MORE QUARTERS!!!!!

It would be the ultimate FU to Favre too because it's in Dallas, where Favre never won a game. And it's where Rodgers' rise began with his performence off the bench against the Cowboys in 2007.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For fun I went back the last 6 seasons and looked at the numbers of the QBs I'd consider elite when they played the Steelers. Those guys are Peyton Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers and Kurt Warner. I believe one of the games for Brees was while he was still with the Chargers. This does include postseason.

kurt warner
377 yds, 3 TD 1 int
132 yds, 1 TD 0 int

rivers
254 yds, 3 td 0 int
164 yds, 0 td 2 int
242 yds, 2 td 1 int

brees
305 yds, 2 TD 1 int
398 yds, 1 TD 0 int
219 yds, 1 td 1 int

peyton manning
240 yds, 3 td 0 int
245 yds, 2 td 1 int

tom brady
350 yds, 3 td 0 int
399 yds, 4 td 0 int
372 yds, 0 td 1 int

aaron rodgers
383 yds, 3 td 0 int

Nearly 4100 yards, 28 TDs, 8 INT in 13 games. I think I got them all but if I missed one let me know. I also don't think I missed any elite QBs.

I believe tomorrow will be Aaron Rodgers time to shine. Look for 350+, 3 TDs and a 34-17 Packer victory.

Packers score was close to what I guessed, and had the receivers helped out much my Rodgers estimation would have been way under.

So add Rodgers' 304 and 3 TDs/0 INTs to the list of QBs that have lit up that Steeler defense.

Reaction score
As long as it was from celebrating the SB win, so'k by me

That's fine.. i'll take the punches. I can deal with it. The thing that seperates Steeler fans from a lot of other fans is we take our losses, and move on. We aren't going to harp and whine about it like Seachicken fans did to us, or Cleveland Clown fans.

We move on, and say NEXT YEAR! And hell, I can't complain, because the Steelers usually give us a good ride more often than not. 15 AFC Title games, and 8 superbowls in a 45 period stretch isn't too shabby. Many other teams would love to have their team even come close to half of that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts