1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

A blowout by the Pack

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Feb 5, 2011.

1. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    That's my biggest worry today - dirty play. I guess can accept getting beat if they play a better game than we do (right now I don't think they are the better team, but somebody's got to win, and somebody's got to lose, and sometimes the better team loses) but I don't want to see or hear about any of that stuff.

2. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +491
    Why not? You beat me up all the time anyway. :)

Look - I like the Packers WRs on the Steelers CBs. Give me that matchup any day of the week. If the Packers are sharp, they'll spread that defense out and carve them up. Ge up a couple of scores, and suddenly tbe Pittsburgh running game means Jack ****.

I like your chances. I honestly do.

3. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +678
    Good - because remember that feeling of dread you said you had before the Pats/Jets game? I have that. I honestly do. I'm usually the "I like our chances" person...today, for some reason, it's not happening.

Maybe it's just all the Steeler hype.

P.S. Congratulations on Brady!

4. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +491
    Don't sweat it LombardiChick - you're feeling the Steeler hype. All the Squealer homers with their "You don't stand a chance" stuff is getting to ya, that's all. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Please please please put it on pay-per-view. I willl subscribe to see that!

Right on.

• Like Like x 2
  6. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    Hah. I had a dream that Harrison knocked out Rodgers and Favre came off the bench and led a come from behind victory in the 4th quarter.

7. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    Yeah, I vaugely remember us winning 5 games in a row to get to the Super Bowl.

In case you've forgotten the Lions defensive line dominated our offensive line that game. Can't happen again. In the 5 games since the o-line has done a decent job at protecting Rodgers. A few bumps here and there but good for the most part. My point is that the Steelers have a great front 7 and we can't let them dominate in the trenches or we could see a repeat of the Lions game.

8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Maybe Farv was the special secret guest at the Packer mtg today?

I can see it now.
    MM: Gentlemen, I have a surprise announcement. For a one day contract so that he can retire as a Packer, we have signed up Brett Favre as backup QB! Brett, stop talking to that female reporter and get over here to the mic, please.

9. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +678
    I can't decide whether that qualifies as a dream or a nightmare. LOL

• Like Like x 2
  10. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    Lol yeah, but I guess as long as we win, who cares?

11. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +678
    LOL yeah - well, I know it's just a dream, but boy, do I ever want this for Rodgers. He is one of the NFL's good guys, and I would love to see something wonderful happen for him today.

A lot of Packers have been snubbed in post-season awards this year...getting a ring would be one hell of a way to make up for that.

GO PACK GO!!!! FOUR MORE QUARTERS!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    It would be the ultimate FU to Favre too because it's in Dallas, where Favre never won a game. And it's where Rodgers' rise began with his performence off the bench against the Cowboys in 2007.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ClayMatthews

ClayMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    I would nothing more then seeing a blowout. Nice to know your team has the game.

14. Claymaker

Claymaker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +65
    Packers score was close to what I guessed, and had the receivers helped out much my Rodgers estimation would have been way under.

So add Rodgers' 304 and 3 TDs/0 INTs to the list of QBs that have lit up that Steeler defense.

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,976
    As long as it was from celebrating the SB win, so'k by me

16. SteelIsStrongerThanCheese

SteelIsStrongerThanCheese Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +3
    That's fine.. i'll take the punches. I can deal with it. The thing that seperates Steeler fans from a lot of other fans is we take our losses, and move on. We aren't going to harp and whine about it like Seachicken fans did to us, or Cleveland Clown fans.

We move on, and say NEXT YEAR! And hell, I can't complain, because the Steelers usually give us a good ride more often than not. 15 AFC Title games, and 8 superbowls in a 45 period stretch isn't too shabby. Many other teams would love to have their team even come close to half of that.

17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,976
    Btw my old Milwaukee beer was

Special Amber Sprecher