A blowout by the Pack

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't help but have a feeling that the Packers could very well run up the score and blow away the Stealers.
Anyone else have this feeling?

We all know that Air-on Rodgers plays some of his best games indoors.
Check #1 for verification. Green Bay Packers will beat Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV - Don Banks - SI.com

How does Ben Whatever stack up?
Anyone got any stats on astro turf to compare?

What do you think?
A blow out by the Packers?
Why or why not?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. The Steelers are too good to get blown out. Maybe we'll win by like 10 points but I don't think anymore than that. I would love to think that we will blow them out, but I'm not even going to consider the possibility since I think it is so remote.

I predict a 27-23 Packers win. It will be close. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it's even a little bit more low scoring than that. Remember how the Lions dominated our offensive line late in the season and we couldn't get anything moving, with Flynn or Rodgers. If the Steelers do that I could see the same sort of game.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
True. That never happens. :snack:

Heh. The Patriots took them to school (and on the Steelers' own field), but I think we're going to be in the scrap of our lives, honestly.

After seeing the clip of some Steeler looking like he's trying to break Tom Brady's neck at the bottom of a pile on television today, I am expecting the worst sort of game, hoping for the best sort of game (please, oh please :prayer:), and thinking about what kind of sedative to take.

GO PACK GO!! Four more quarters. Just four.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For fun I went back the last 6 seasons and looked at the numbers of the QBs I'd consider elite when they played the Steelers. Those guys are Peyton Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers and Kurt Warner. I believe one of the games for Brees was while he was still with the Chargers. This does include postseason.

kurt warner
377 yds, 3 TD 1 int
132 yds, 1 TD 0 int

rivers
254 yds, 3 td 0 int
164 yds, 0 td 2 int
242 yds, 2 td 1 int

brees
305 yds, 2 TD 1 int
398 yds, 1 TD 0 int
219 yds, 1 td 1 int

peyton manning
240 yds, 3 td 0 int
245 yds, 2 td 1 int

tom brady
350 yds, 3 td 0 int
399 yds, 4 td 0 int
372 yds, 0 td 1 int

aaron rodgers
383 yds, 3 td 0 int

Nearly 4100 yards, 28 TDs, 8 INT in 13 games. I think I got them all but if I missed one let me know. I also don't think I missed any elite QBs.

I believe tomorrow will be Aaron Rodgers time to shine. Look for 350+, 3 TDs and a 34-17 Packer victory.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Heh. The Patriots took them to school (and on the Steelers' own field), but I think we're going to be in the scrap of our lives, honestly.

After seeing the clip of some Steeler looking like he's trying to break Tom Brady's neck at the bottom of a pile on television today, I am expecting the worst sort of game, hoping for the best sort of game (please, oh please :prayer:), and thinking about what kind of sedative to take.

GO PACK GO!! Four more quarters. Just four.

It was on this play:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVirwHs_lmQ"]YouTube - Touchdown[/ame]

The Steelers in particular Troy Polamalu incensed the Pats OLmen by giving Brady some cheap shots on the ground after he scored to make it 23-3 courtesy of a Graham shanked extra point. “We don’t care how long your hair is we’re not going to let you do what you want to our quarterback,” said G Logan Mankins, after the game.

Brady Carves Up Pittsburgh Again, Patriots Roll Over Steelers | isportsweb
That is the kind of crap you have to watch for with the Steelers. Here is a still:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He was repeatedly slamming Brady's head back after the whistle. Uncalled for.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was on this play:

YouTube - Touchdown

That is the kind of crap you have to watch for with the Steelers. Here is a still:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He was repeatedly slamming Brady's head back after the whistle. Uncalled for.
DPOY should not be a dirty player.
Just more proof that the award went to the wrong player.
I will always stand by the statement that it should have went to Clay.

Go get 'em Clay! Show the world that you are the true d-fence MVP!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score

That is what the Steelers do when they are down a few scores - THAT is when the real dirty stuff happens.

LombardiChick

Reaction score

Earlier I posted about this but didn't say who it was because it went by so fast I wasn't sure. So that is who it was.

Ugh. Disappointing.

I hope Clay plays the game of his life tomorrow.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
This is the type of thread I hate to see. I dont know how anyone could be that confident.

I don't know either! I honestly can't relate. I really can't. (But in my case, it's partly because I'm old and have just seen too much, and had my heart broken too many times. [Adjusts ear horn.])

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep seeing Packer fans expecting a blow out tomorrow, and I can't help but feel like some need to temper their expectations a little bit. This is a DAMN GOOD defense we're going up against tomorrow, and the Steelers have an offense that doesn't give up. As much as I would love to see a Packers route tomorrow, I don't think it's realistic.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not talking about anyone one here at the moment but when I hear from a fan that they "know" we are going to blow out a team I feel like they dont know that much about ftball. This happened before the Bears game when I asked a guy in a Packers game what he expected Sunday. He said something like 28-0 and laughed. When I asked him about the other game he asked me who was playing.

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the type of thread I hate to see. I dont know how anyone could be that confident.

I've watched the Packers last three games 4+ times each the last two weeks.

I've watched the Steelers last two games 4+ times each the last two weeks.

The Steelers O Line is in trouble. Pouncey is a HUGE loss.This should also help break down their running game. Big Ben will get his rushing yards though.

We need to keep Rodgers upright. When are Air Show is on no one can beat us. But Rodgers plays at his wost when getting hit a lot.

Special Teams has fallen into a plus for us. Punting and coverage have greatly improved.

I see a blow out not only possible but probable.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, the Steelers are horrible dirty players. All they do is cheat and pay off the officials. The *'s are the best team in football. Just ask SnowPlow. He'll tell you. If his team was playing Sunday ... oh wait ... you mean the best team in football isn't playing in the SB?

How can that be? After all, they are the model football team. They have Marcia, uh, I mean Tom who is God's gift to QBs. He is the best and if he were hurt the Pats would probably sink to an 11-5 record.

Disregard the Spygate thing, or the sideline brigade or the lack of class the organization show throwing the ball up 30 points late in the 4th quarter with their 1st string still in the game.

Packer fans, you should strive to emulate the Patriots organization. Then you too might be considered the best.

So you should have your victory parade already planned. It's a forgone conclusion that the Pack will roll all over the Steelers. You guys don't even have to watch the game.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
No, the Steelers are horrible dirty players. All they do is cheat and pay off the officials. The *'s are the best team in football. Just ask SnowPlow. He'll tell you. If his team was playing Sunday ... oh wait ... you mean the best team in football isn't playing in the SB?

How can that be? After all, they are the model football team. They have Marcia, uh, I mean Tom who is God's gift to QBs. He is the best and if he were hurt the Pats would probably sink to an 11-5 record.

Disregard the Spygate thing, or the sideline brigade or the lack of class the organization show throwing the ball up 30 points late in the 4th quarter with their 1st string still in the game.

Packer fans, you should strive to emulate the Patriots organization. Then you too might be considered the best.

So you should have your victory parade already planned. It's a forgone conclusion that the Pack will roll all over the Steelers. You guys don't even have to watch the game.

I never thought Polamalu was dirty until I saw the footage today with my own eyes. I believed that he was a good guy, and a great player. He looked like he was trying to break Tom Brady's neck. I'm not kidding. It shocked me.

I believe the players when they vote Hines Ward one of the dirtiest.

We all know about Harrison.

I'd much rather emulate the Patriots than the Steelers, frankly.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Steeler Tim,

Thank you for the concession speech. Take tomorrow off and don't waste your time watching the game. Glad you came to your senses. Perhaps you should strive to emulate the Packer organization?

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score

Bitter much? :snack:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched the Packers last three games 4+ times each the last two weeks.

I've watched the Steelers last two games 4+ times each the last two weeks.

The Steelers O Line is in trouble. Pouncey is a HUGE loss.This should also help break down their running game. Big Ben will get his rushing yards though.

We need to keep Rodgers upright. When are Air Show is on no one can beat us. But Rodgers plays at his wost when getting hit a lot.

Special Teams has fallen into a plus for us. Punting and coverage have greatly improved.

I see a blow out not only possible but probable.

Wish I could see it like that. I dont think either team is more likely than the other to blow out the other. This isnt some completely outmatched team we are playing, its the equal of us on D and just as talented on the offense. I think it will be close, thats all I can see happening. After that my crystal ball gets a little foggy

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
No kidding.

We may lose tomorrow, but we aren't a team of cheap-shot thugs...so I will hold my head up either way.

Well, there's that, and you also don't have a girly, obviously gay, sissy QB like Brady. :snack:

Members online