A bit puzzled . . .

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look we had played this team twice in six days. I think, me included, the Coaching staff felt the Vikes wern't coming back with that QB and were just accepting the final conclusion. I think it was conservatism with a reason.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Good grief. We handled them. The Vikings looked like a JV team. Sure it was possible they could have come back.

It's possible that an alien spacecraft might crash land on my roof, but it's not worth the effort for me to reinforce my house to avoid that possibility. Sometimes it's better to focus your energy on more reasonable scenarios. Like the 49'ers.

The Packers plan to win the Super Bowl, and it's gonna be a long road. They were saving it a bit for the next game.

So, in summation, we embarrassed an anemic Vikings team; a team that was riding high after beating us last week. When the game was no longer in question we backed off a bit, in preparation for the 49'ers, and Packer fans are.... upset?
This is correct. We were saving something for the next game. We aren't going to show everything we can against a pathetic Joe Webb led Vikings' team.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good grief. We handled them. The Vikings looked like a JV team. Sure it was possible they could have come back.

It's possible that an alien spacecraft might crash land on my roof, but it's not worth the effort for me to reinforce my house to avoid that possibility. Sometimes it's better to focus your energy on more reasonable scenarios. Like the 49'ers.

The Packers plan to win the Super Bowl, and it's gonna be a long road. They were saving it a bit for the next game.

So, in summation, we embarrassed an anemic Vikings team; a team that was riding high after beating us last week. When the game was no longer in question we backed off a bit, in preparation for the 49'ers, and Packer fans are.... upset?
YES, YES, 1000 TIMES YES! ^SO MUCH THIS!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1250 WSSP today Big Unit said this..

They were playing like the KNEW Vikings would not score anymore and that they would not show the Niners any extra stuff..Went on to explain how that he has known Mm to do a pay and it makes you go WTF....But it was ony for tape for their next opponent to study it

H

HardRightEdge

My dad still remembers the Heidi Bowl

The Heidi Bowl is often mis-remembered. It was a close, see-saw game. The Jets, with a 3 point lead, kicked off with about a minute on the clock when the network cut away from the broadcast. Lamonica led Oakland to a quick TD, and the Jets fumbled the ensuing kickoff to end the game. It should not be remembered as some kind of furious comeback...it it notorious as a network gaff compounded by the fact it was an exciting game all the way through.

A bit of obscure trivia: Lamonica was a Packer draftee who opted for the AFL.

The Frank ***** Bills comeback against Houston is the gold standard. This was not shaping up to be that kind of game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts