A bit of musing......

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....about our D and my hopes for it. I tend to place way too much hope in our rookies every year. THis year is no exception. I look to Harrell to be a real force in the line. No one will run past him. I look to Rouse to de-capitate a few RBs and WRs. But my biggest hope is in the promotion of Winston Moss to a new post of Asst. HC/defense with perhaps the power to over-ride Sanders/Schott if the need arises. THAT and the fact that MM will, I believe, continue to closely monitor the D. No way will the D give up so many long plays because the DBs/LBs can't figure out how to play it. Sanders/Schott will be on a very short leash this year if I judge MM rightly. And they should be. Now if Poppinga and Collins can continue their improvement, this D will be a thing of beauty to watch. I know that none of this is news to you fellas, but I've got to fill in a bit of time until our gladiators get to town. This will be one exciting season.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post.

Our D was good last year, and seemed to get better. By the end of the year, as the new coaching staff knew what they had (they sat KGB a lot on running downs,etc), things were very promising.

I don't know what to expect from Harrell. I just hope he contributes to a d-line that is already pretty good.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are alot of unknowns. Thats why they play the games! And just because a guy was good last year is no guarentee that he will be good this year. But thats what makes it fun too, you never know for certain what will happen. I have a good feeling about our D this year. But time alone will tell.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Manuel is not starting due to Underwood's injury the defense would have been without its major liability.

Poppinga being a DE in college got picked on in pass coverage early in the season but worked hard to improve his pass coverage.

The Jenkins/KGB rotation worked.

If Harrell can be a disruptive force in the pass rush, KGB and Aaron will have high sack totals again.

I don't want to long for the good ol' days of having Mark Roman at Safety. A drastic upgrade is needed there. Is signing a guy who could not beat out Roman on a previous team Thompson's worst mistake?? Manuel is certainly in the top 3.

Members online

Latest posts