A bit about defending the Packers' stock

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Gmcman22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Who cares what they think. Most who criticize it would flock towards it if their favorite team offered something similar.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am one of those critics. I think 275 dollars is a lot to spend on just a piece of paper.
I would consider spending that large amount on something if I would get something in return. Like groceries. That is a wiser investment.
Money can't buy happiness and I'm quite happy with the Packers and the way I feel towards them.
If others want to make the 250 donation to the Pack, great. I have no problems with that.

The majority are not listening to the critics. It looks like it will meet the expectations and the Packers office may consider adding more shares.
So why feel this need to defend it?
Unless your justifying your own reasons to yourself why to buy it?

OP
OP
Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am one of those critics. I think 275 dollars is a lot to spend on just a piece of paper.
I would consider spending that large amount on something if I would get something in return. Like groceries. That is a wiser investment.
Money can't buy happiness and I'm quite happy with the Packers and the way I feel towards them.
If others want to make the 250 donation to the Pack, great. I have no problems with that.

The majority are not listening to the critics. It looks like it will meet the expectations and the Packers office may consider adding more shares.

I actually haven't and will not be buying it, simply because I don't have the money. I don't need to justify my own reasons for anything, and if I did, I wouldn't write something for a website to do so.

The reason I wrote this was because on any non-Packers NFL site you go to (for instance, I visit the NFL subsection on Reddit a lot), you'll run into a LOT of people who consider the sale to be a scam. This is directed mostly toward them.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to be condescending to you, but you probably should have posted it at the other site. Here you are mostly preaching to the choir

OP
OP
Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^I did, I just thought people here might be interested as well, in case they find themselves in similar situations.

Apparently I was wrong.

CoachBo

Told Lombardi he was Ernest Borgnine at age 5
Reaction score
Nah, it's good.

I really don't care what anyone thinks about my purchase. I wanted the stock. This was the first sports team that registered with me as a little guy in the 1960s. I'm happy with the purchase.

Don't care - at all - what anyone else thinks about it.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You can boil anything down like that, I spent $40,000 on a "piece of paper" (my business degree). $275 really isn't all that much for being a shareholder of your team.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didnt buy any either...Other things take priority right now..I am kicking myself for not doing it, but I just couldnt afford it at xmas time now

Even if it offered free tickets, or other perks, still wouldnt have been enough for me

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You'll also run into a LOT of people that will call us band wagon fans, and claim the refs rigged the game, and so on. I don't think it matters what someone thinks. The stock sale earned record amount sales in just it's first day, so if you bought a stock and have it hanging on the wall in your office/bedroom/wherever you should be happy looking at it and not worried what anyone else thinks of it.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's called love. I love my God. My wife and family, my country. And I love the Green Bay Packers. I don't know why. I have reasons. The ownership structure is a big part of it. But they are the team that makes me scream and shout. Laugh and cry. Jump and celebrate. I could pay 275 for an autographed helmet? Another authentic jersey to fray and fade with wash after wash. Or I could pay 275 plus the frame my wife will make for me(will be awesome) but what really will be great... Will be telling my son the story of the Green Bay Packers. From Acme to Curly to Vince to Brett and to where we are today. Super Bowl Champions. And when I go Home, hopefully my son(children hopefully) will be sad lol. And hopefully I made the right choice with who to leave my share with. You see my profile picture that may give you a guess who that will be.
I have watched my family and friends dread football season year after year after year. Always let down. Because the owner of their team doesn't have to care about them to get rich. He just has to put 11 guys on the field with reebok logo'd uniforms to collect his revenue sharing from the league. Imagine the parity if every team was owned like the Packers? I will tell my son about the defeat to Denver. The win against the Pats. The Al Harris pick 6 after Hasselbeck ran his mouth in OT. And I will point to that "worthless piece of paper" on the wall and say, in a way that no other fan can. "That's our team son."

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Article brings up a very good point. while other teams go to the taxpayers for money to build stadiums and hold citys hostage,the fans of the Packers keep this small market team not only extremely successful but very competitive. This is a Big city big money league, its all about profit, big contracts in big TV markets bring in big bucks and big Stadiums with Sushi Bars (they call that football!). If it were not for the fans and thier purchases of packer gear and stock there would be no team in Green Bay. People need to realize that. This team would not exist without the die hard support of the fan base, the fans are what keep this team financially competitive. our direct support as opposed to the indirect support in the large TV markets is what makes this team tick.

That stock is the blood that flows from the beating heart of the Packers, the FANS to keep this team alive and thriving. Still think its just a worthless piece of paper?

Undefeated, Defending Superbowl, 13 time NFL Champion Green Bay Packers !!!!!

And I am a part of this. My life is complete:cool:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok...Maybe team owner should be changed to Lambeau Field owner

The people that call this a scam are just upset that it is called STOCK.....But everyone knows what it is...They have to read and sign the agreement that about the details of it all...

As I always say, go yell at the SEC for allowing it to be called stock...

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Ok...Maybe team owner should be changed to Lambeau Field owner

The people that call this a scam are just upset that it is called STOCK.....But everyone knows what it is...They have to read and sign the agreement that about the details of it all...

As I always say, go yell at the SEC for allowing it to be called stock...
Hey, I'll take that. Lambeau is the Citadel of the NFL, if you don't have a field and a ball you don't have a team:D

Latest posts