96' VS. 07'.....

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Desmond Howard. I had a brain fart.

Desmond Howard when on was unstoppable.

One thing to consider is how good our ST in general were. Howard had holes that you could drive a truck through because of the excellent blocking. We constantly started drives around the 40 or 50 yard line. Much different than starting at the 20.

We have a very very good team this year, but the 1996 team was great, something special. That team had a good mix of young talent combined with some great veteran players. This team has a great bunch of young talent combined with a few experienced veteran players.

One thing to consider, I think Favre is a better player now than in 1996. He doesn't make nearly as many mistakes and he reads the defense much better. That has helped go a long way toward creating a great relationship with his receivers and it makes up for weaknesses on our OL. He may not be able to scramble as well, but his reads and efficiency easily make up for lost foot-speed. Plus he ended up throwing a lot of INTs while scrambling and trying to make something out of nothing.

This is a very good team and I'm enjoying watching each game. As stated, we have yet to see if they are good enough to get to even the big game, much less win it.

GO PACK GO!!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:

Desmond Howard when on was unstoppable.

One thing to consider is how good our ST in general were. Howard had holes that you could drive a truck through because of the excellent blocking. We constantly started drives around the 40 or 50 yard line. Much different than starting at the 20.

We have a very very good team this year, but the 1996 team was great, something special. That team had a good mix of young talent combined with some great veteran players. This team has a great bunch of young talent combined with a few experienced veteran players.

One thing to consider, I think Favre is a better player now than in 1996. He doesn't make nearly as many mistakes and he reads the defense much better. That has helped go a long way toward creating a great relationship with his receivers and it makes up for weaknesses on our OL. He may not be able to scramble as well, but his reads and efficiency easily make up for lost foot-speed. Plus he ended up throwing a lot of INTs while scrambling and trying to make something out of nothing.

This is a very good team and I'm enjoying watching each game. As stated, we have yet to see if they are good enough to get to even the big game, much less win it.

GO PACK GO!!!

If we win the Super Bowl, do you think we'll be looking back 11 years from now going, the 2018 Packers are very good, but that 2007 team was great; they were something special...?

CaptainItchy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Bobby Roberts said:

GO PACK GO!!!

If we win the Super Bowl, do you think we'll be looking back 11 years from now going, the 2018 Packers are very good, but that 2007 team was great; they were something special...?

What a thought...hahaha...great one!!! I hope we'll be talking about that 11 years from now!!! this is a special season regardless!!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we will be talking about this one in 2018 because it was Favres last stand...so to speak.

"you remember in 07', when we all thought Favre was done and he came out gang busters and won the Superbowl.... yeah that was the ****"

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Packnic.

But Favre's playing out his contract!

hahaha. "Here lies Brett Favre, who died on the playing field. His last words were, 'I really didn't think they literally meant "lifetime" when I signed that last contract. Favre, dead at the age of 89."
And then his coffin will read.

Legend
Hero
Free Agent

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longer than you'll be a Rodger's fan, I'll wager. I can read between the lines of your post, you want him to retire!

(Sonny, I was a GB Packer fan before you were born!)

You're barking up the wrong tree...boy.

Nice try..though.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Sorry Packnic.

But Favre's playing out his contract!

hahaha. "Here lies Brett Favre, who died on the playing field. His last words were, 'I really didn't think they literally meant "lifetime" when I signed that last contract. Favre, dead at the age of 89."
And then his coffin will read.

Legend
Hero
Free Agent

Heh. And we wouldn't have to worry about P Manning breaking any of Favre's records.

Unfortunately, 100 years from now, he'll still have the INTs record. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts