9-8-2013 Packers vs 49ers - REVENGE

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been sticking up for Coach Harbaugh's tirade on the NFL's statements on the Read Option and hitting the quarterback. I'm a 49ers fan, so of course I'm going to stand up for my guy!

The truth is he does ask a valid question (about inside our outside the pocket), but he's making way too big of a deal about it.

Here's the official release from the VP of NFL officiating.

http://nflcommunications.com/2013/09/05/officiating-video-for-media-11/

Officiating Video for Media
The following is an officiating video to assist in your coverage of the NFL.

It can be accessed by clicking on the link below or visiting www.nflmedia.com.

http://media01.nfl.info/NFL/Media/2013/Video2/Officiating_Media_Video_09-05-13.wmv

The video, narrated by Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino, reviews several rule points of emphasis, including legal and illegal hits on defenseless players, protections for read-option quarterbacks and low blocks.

The video is intended for your use for informational purposes only. It may not be posted on your website, but if you are interested in tweeting the link to the video from www.nflcommunications.com, feel free to do so.

We hope you find this information helpful. Please contact us with any questions.

The official states that the quarterback must be taking a "running posture" in order to lose his Roughing the Passer protections. I'm totally fine with that, so long as defenders don't start getting way with cheap shots under the guise of "He was taking a running posture" merely because the quarterback was attempting to escape being hit. But so long as the reality on the field works as the rule is intended, I'm fine with it.

I think Harbaugh is just being extra careful with Kaep. Much to Kaepernick's dismay, coach put him in a black jersey for practice and he barely got any snaps in the preseason. Why the kid gloves? Colt McCoy is our #2.

PS: Kaepernick still walks on water, eats babies and sh*ts Delta Force operators.

Cheers!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As long as you make statements like he`s the greatest QB ever in the history of the game, I`m gonna laugh at you, so once again.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say you are funny in that you don't acknowledge any reasonable answer to your persistent questions, while instead causing this dead horse to get beat more so by positing pointless "what if" scenarios and playing dumb.

I

I think it admirable that you are sticking up for your team mate, but some of the comments you`ve made on this forum ?? Its like wearing a suit made of prime steak, walking through OUR dog pound and expecting to get out of there unscathed !!! It`s not going to happen is it ???

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as you make statements like he`s the greatest QB ever in the history of the game, I`m gonna laugh at you, so once again.

He is the greatest ever in the history of the game. That's been proven by science, physics and several anthropological studies.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it admirable that you are sticking up for your team mate, but some of the comments you`ve made on this forum ?? Its like wearing a suit made of prime steak, walking through OUR dog pound and expecting to get out of there unscathed !!! It`s not going to happen is it ???

It's a doggy-dog world and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear.

I

I'll be gone after the game. Probably a couple more posts to either congratulate you on your win or to gloat, depending on the outcome. Then I'll be gone unless we play again in the playoffs.

I for one bear no malice. You`ve not been that bad ;). Slightly dillusional about your QB which is fair. I think if he goes a few more seasons showing it wasn`t just a one season wonder thats great, but we aren`t too sure he matches ours just yet :tup:.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one bear no malice. You`ve not been that bad ;). Slightly dillusional about your QB which is fair. I think if he goes a few more seasons showing it wasn`t just a one season wonder thats great, but we aren`t too sure he matches ours just yet :tup:.

Likewise! Sometimes I'll visit the fans of other teams before the games, and so far the Packers fans have been my favorite. Y'all can take it and dish it out. That's football.

Seahawks fans are the worst. You should have seen them go apesh*t when I pointed out they didn't really beat Aaron Rodgers, the refs did. lol

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Likewise! Sometimes I'll visit the fans of other teams before the games, and so far the Packers fans have been my favorite. Y'all can take it and dish it out. That's football.

Seahawks fans are the worst. You should have seen them go apesh*t when I pointed out they didn't really beat Aaron Rodgers, the refs did. lol

I bet . I think some of them really think it was a fair Td.

Fanatics

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with hitting the QB on the RO play, since he is trying to fake the defense anyway. But I only say that if it is alright to hit the QB on a handoff, when he is carrying out the play acting like he still has the ball. Brett Favre did it all the time, he would hand off and then roll a bit and make a throwing motion...Rodgers does it too.

But all it is going to take is one of the major QB to get hurt during this process and the rules will change...another "Brady" rule.

OP
OP

12theTruth

I have no problem with hitting the QB on the RO play, since he is trying to fake the defense anyway. But I only say that if it is alright to hit the QB on a handoff, when he is carrying out the play acting like he still has the ball. Brett Favre did it all the time, he would hand off and then roll a bit and make a throwing motion...Rodgers does it too.

But all it is going to take is one of the major QB to get hurt during this process and the rules will change...another "Brady" rule.

Not necessarily! They are at the cusp of making the defense irrelevant if they go too much further to restrict hitting and tackling. They have to tread carefully. Fantasy football players love football scores in the 40's and generally so do fans. But when it becomes commonplace, interest amongst the rank and file would wane a bit. And believe you and me, scores will most definitely rise as these hitting and tackling restrictions keep being added.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can win it...... the key we be long slow time consuming drives.... tire out defense roll up through the air.

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think this is going to be a tough game.... hoping for the W but realistic that SF has made just as many strides to improve as we have.

OP
OP

12theTruth

McCarthy put VERY little on tape for the 49ers from this preseason to work with. So maybe the offense will take the 49ers by surprise today. I'm still betting Barclay and Co. will get owned and basically decide the outcome. McCarthy's comments that this team can be great leads me to believe one or both Tretter and Sherrod will be returning mid-season to bolster the offensive line.

To have such a big achilles heal such as the offensive line I just find it hard to classify a team as potentially being great with such a big weakness at a crucial position as it currently stands.

Members online

Latest posts