9-8-2013 Packers vs 49ers - REVENGE

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See Harbaugh is whining in the media about Matthews comments. Obviously he is posturing, just angling to get a better response from the refs. As far as I am concerned he is the biggest tool in NFL coaching besides Pete Carroll.

I totally agree with this. I think both teams should play a little game.

The Packers front seven should try get past the 49ers offensive line to hurt Kaepernick, and the 49ers front seven should do the same against the Packers' o-line and Rodgers.

Don't worry. I'm sure guys like Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Ahmad Brooks and Cory Lemonier won't take what he said personally.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Dude, Clay never said one thing about hurting anybody. If he had, Harbaugh would have had a legit case. All that was said is essentially, "account for the QB." If you use your QB as a RB, we have to treat him as such. How do you stop a QB from rolling to his left? You hit him when he rolls left. How do you get a QB out of the pocket? You hit him while he's in the pocket. If he wants to pretend he has the ball, hit him like he has the ball. It's that simple. Kaep's response was simply "I wear a helmet and pads like everyone else for a reason" or something of the like. It's about loss of yards, not loss of limb.

It's a Harbaugh call ploy and nothing else.

If you read anything from Capers or Hawk, the object is not to bee line for the QB, it's to slow up, contain, and make him decide.

Giedi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree with this. I think both teams should play a little game.

The Packers front seven should try get past the 49ers offensive line to hurt Kaepernick, and the 49ers front seven should do the same against the Packers' o-line and Rodgers.

Don't worry. I'm sure guys like Aldon Smith, Justin Smith, Ahmad Brooks and Cory Lemonier won't take what he said personally.
Ouch, literally. backhtiari is going against Aldon, and if there is some intentional hurting going on, it would not be from the Packer side of the line.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, Clay never said one thing about hurting anybody. If he had, Harbaugh would have had a legit case. All that was said is essentially, "account for the QB." If you use your QB as a RB, we have to treat him as such. How do you stop a QB from rolling to his left? You hit him when he rolls left. How do you get a QB out of the pocket? You hit him while he's in the pocket. If he wants to pretend he has the ball, hit him like he has the ball. It's that simple. Kaep's response was simply "I wear a helmet and pads like everyone else for a reason" or something of the like. It's about loss of yards, not loss of limb.

It's a Harbaugh call ploy and nothing else.

If you read anything from Capers or Hawk, the object is not to bee line for the QB, it's to slow up, contain, and make him decide.

He obviously can't say it outright, but I think it's pretty clearly implied.

OP
OP

12theTruth

Ouch, literally. backhtiari is going against Aldon, and if there is some intentional hurting going on, it would not be from the Packer side of the line.

Rodgers does have a quick release, and McCarthy will play most shotgun formations. He is no dummy. The 49ers hold a decisive advantage when comparing their D-line to our O-line. I expect to see some exotic wrinkles from MM which no game tape currently exists for. Whether our O-line play will prevent them from working is another matter.

Tough matchup for the Packers. I'd probably feel better if Backy had more game experience at LT.

Last edited by a moderator:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. . . ? Lewis was a Raven. We talkin bout the 49ers

I bu-lieve USArmyParatrooper was referring to Ray Lewis and his "theories" about who turned off the lights at the SB and why, in response to your post.

"Being a dirty player and being an idiotic nut job conspiracy theorist who rode the short bus are mutually exclusive issues."

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I bu-lieve USArmyParatrooper was referring to Ray Lewis and his "theories" about who turned off the lights at the SB and why, in response to your post.

"Being a dirty player and being an idiotic nut job conspiracy theorist who rode the short bus are mutually exclusive issues."
I'm sure thew nut job he's referring to was me. Never denied that his players were dirty scumbags who target players and hunt injuries.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure thew nut job he's referring to was me. Never denied that his players were dirty scumbags who target players and hunt injuries.

He popped in my head as one of the idiotic conspiracy theorists, but essentially anyone who believes in such conspiracies are window lickers.

Back on topic

MATTHEWS: “One of the things that the referees have told us is that when these quarterbacks carry out the fakes, they lose their right as a quarterback, a pocket-passing quarterback, the protection of a quarterback. So with that, you do have to take your shots on the quarterback, and obviously they’re too important to their offense.

“If that means they pull them out of that type of offense and make them run a traditional, drop-back, pocket-style offense, I think that’s exactly what we’re going for. So you want to put hits as early and often on the quarterback and make them uncomfortable.

Now, if I'm Coach Harbaugh I read this out loud to the offensive line and to the front seven on defense. The second there's even an inkling of a cheap shot on Kaepernick stick a target on Aaron Rodgers' forehead and unleash the dogs.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He popped in my head as one of the idiotic conspiracy theorists, but essentially anyone who believes in such conspiracies are window lickers.

Back on topic

MATTHEWS: “One of the things that the referees have told us is that when these quarterbacks carry out the fakes, they lose their right as a quarterback, a pocket-passing quarterback, the protection of a quarterback. So with that, you do have to take your shots on the quarterback, and obviously they’re too important to their offense.

“If that means they pull them out of that type of offense and make them run a traditional, drop-back, pocket-style offense, I think that’s exactly what we’re going for. So you want to put hits as early and often on the quarterback and make them uncomfortable.

Now, if I'm Coach Harbaugh I read this out loud to the offensive line and to the front seven on defense. The second there's even an inkling of a cheap shot on Kaepernick stick a target on Aaron Rodgers' forehead and unleash the dogs.
Clay Matthews said:
We’re always trying to get after the quarterback. It’s not like this game is any different as far as hitting the quarterback. But it does provide a clearer picture in regards to when a quarterback can be hit. It looks like – and, obviously, we’ll see in Week 1 – it looks like any time that quarterback is carrying out that play fake, he loses that right as a pocket passer and the rules that govern that. So we’ll see. We’ll see the hits that are legal and aren’t legal … But we feel like our game plan fits within the scheme of the officials and what we want to do.
There goes that argument. Try again scumbag fan.

Q: How do you stop a QB from rolling to his right?

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
From what Harbaugh says he just disagrees (as a former NFL QB) with the rule and is thus making a stink. 9ers whiners.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There goes that argument. Try again scumbag fan.

Q: How do you stop a QB from rolling to his right?

Yes, Matthews back peddled after the fact so that settles it!

He flat out said he's going to take "shots on the QB" because the QB is "too important to the offense". He also implied he wants to take full advantage of the rule change for when/if Kaepernick fakes like he's running with the ball, meaning, he'll try to hit him even if he knows he doesn't really have the ball.

I hope he follows through with his veiled threat to take cheap shots on Kaepernick. I will then make some popcorn and anticipate one of those hits on Rodgers that makes his helmet pop off his head.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Yes, Matthews back peddled after the fact so that settles it!

He flat out said he's going to take "shots on the QB" because the QB is "too important to the offense". He also implied he wants to take full advantage of the rule change for when/if Kaepernick fakes like he's running with the ball, meaning, he'll try to hit him even if he knows he doesn't really have the ball.

I hope he follows through with his veiled threat to take cheap shots on Kaepernick. I will then make some popcorn and anticipate one of those hits on Rodgers that makes his helmet pop off his head.
Kaepernick wasn't rattled, Clay isn't dirty. Either way, you're ignored. Here's to Kaep's career ending spine injury. Apparently it's ok to hit any QB but your own. Scumbags whiners.

Last edited:

Members online