9-7 good enough?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the Lions play Dallas on prime time next week. In Dallas.........
And the Cowboys are destroying teams, if we like it or not. Theres a solid chance Dallas beats them next week, Bringing their record to 9-6. Even if GB flops against the Vikes next week. We could still Beat Detroit week 17 to bring both teams to 9-7 with GB having the tie breaker...

If the Bucs lose we have another whole avenue to explore. Bucs [play Saints next week. Saints just put up 48 points against the Cards.... So theres that too.......

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas isn't destroying Tampa. If we don't beat a limping Vikings we don't belong in the playoffs. If GB wants to play football in the postseason they need to win the next game. Just keep winning the nex game.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it. Even if the Packers run the table and sneek into the playoffs, do they have a champion defense? Obviously not! This season is looking a lot like 2009 where the Packers made it into the Playoffs with a late run but we're thrashed by the Cardinals offense.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas isn't destroying Tampa. If we don't beat a limping Vikings we don't belong in the playoffs. If GB wants to play football in the postseason they need to win the next game. Just keep winning the nex game.
better check again

Zuma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep wining. Let it play out and hope for the best. Is Matthews shoulder that bad? He has not done a thing for some time now

Reaction score
Let's face it. Even if the Packers run the table and sneek into the playoffs, do they have a champion defense? Obviously not! This season is looking a lot like 2009 where the Packers made it into the Playoffs with a late run but we're thrashed by the Cardinals offense.
I agree but on the other note, it wasn't but a month ago and we were 4-6 and talking about who we were gonna pick as a top ten draft pick so this is more fun :)

Zuma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay needs surgery? If he's hurting maybe need to have someone step up? Sorry to say it

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need Perry back badly, Clay can't do ANYTHING out there.

Zuma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like clay doesn't have the strength to move or push interior lineman. Need to come up with a better option

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This link
http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff
lists the Bucs ahead of us on 'best winning percentage in common games' tiebreaker .

Our common opponents are Atlanta (Tampa won 1 lost 1,) Chicago (Tampa won), Seattle (Tampa won), and Dallas (Tampa lost). 3-2 in common games.

Green Bay lost to Atlanta, beat Chicago twice, beat Seattle, and lost to Dallas . Also 3-2 in common games.

What exactly am I missing here?

Reaction score
The 2009 defense was actually pretty good, the playoff game not withstanding. 2nd in the league in defensive yards and 7th in the league in scoring. That said I agree about this year's unit. If they can't force turnovers they're going to struggle if they make the playoffs, because they aren't lining up and stopping anyone

H

HardRightEdge

This link
lists the Bucs ahead of us on 'best winning percentage in common games' tiebreaker .

Our common opponents are Atlanta (Tampa won 1 lost 1,) Chicago (Tampa won), Seattle (Tampa won), and Dallas (Tampa lost). 3-2 in common games.

Green Bay lost to Atlanta, beat Chicago twice, beat Seattle, and lost to Dallas . Also 3-2 in common games.

I don't think you missed anything. After that tie breaker comes conference schedule where they are tied at 6-4. After than comes strength of schedule. According to the Bucs site the Packers have the edge at this point for the 7 spot.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/arti...n-Strong/3718819b-23bb-4af7-9c12-f5113648acd6

It doesn't matter. Just win the games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't see the point of this with the run this team is on. I fully expect them to win the next two weeks to make it 6 straight and cruise in as division champs.

Last edited:

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree but on the other note, it wasn't but a month ago and we were 4-6 and talking about who we were gonna pick as a top ten draft pick so this is more fun :)

This team dug a hole, and is in the midst of digging out of it. My opinion? There should've never been a hole to dig out off. Colts, Redskins, Titans games were unacceptable on many levels. Those are teams we should beat.

I guess what I'm saying is even if this team makes the playoffs, they still under achieved. Goodness they almost blew it against the Bears today. I truly hope this "run" doesn't trick management into thinking all is well.

Im normally an optimist. However, the greatness of Rodgers shouldn't shield TT or MM of blame. I have zero doubt MM will be back. I'm fine with that. Capers still has to go, the D needs fixing too.

Unfortunately l still don't think this is a SB team. That D was atrocious today.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have a chance to clinch the division title by winning their two remaining games therefore there's no reason to think about other scenarios.

I'm wondering if Perry could be back before the playoffs. We could use him club or not

I'm concerned that Perry wouldn't be at full strength playing with a club neither possibly leaving the Packers with two ineffective outside linebackers.

This link

You aren't missing anything, ESPN is incorrect about it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This team dug a hole, and is in the midst of digging out of it. My opinion? There should've never been a hole to dig out off. Colts, Redskins, Titans games were unacceptable on many levels. Those are teams we should beat.

I guess what I'm saying is even if this team makes the playoffs, they still under achieved. Goodness they almost blew it against the Bears today. I truly hope this "run" doesn't trick management into thinking all is well.

Im normally an optimist. However, the greatness of Rodgers shouldn't shield TT or MM of blame. I have zero doubt MM will be back. I'm fine with that. Capers still has to go, the D needs fixing too.

Unfortunately l still don't think this is a SB team. That D was atrocious today.
Do you reallly think management hasn't been watching the games the entire season? Do you think Thompson is going to say, we're in perfect shape, no need to draft 8 guys this year or worry about re-signing anyone or doing anything at all? I'm going to take a 6 month vacation. :rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts