1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

9/11/01

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by DaBearsrule4ever, Sep 10, 2006.

1. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure most of you are aware that tomorrow is the five year anniversery of the 9/11 attacks. That SOB Osama Bin Laden has still yet to be captured. Wouldn't it be great if somehow tomorrow he was captured? Honestly, those attacks feel like they just happened yesterday. So, what I think everyone should do is take a minute or two to think about all the innocent people who lost their lives, people who wern't victoms of the 9/11 attacks but lost loved ones on that one fatal day, and also the men and women who fight for this country and fight for OUR freedom.

2. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    On my mind always.

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I agree DaBears...isn't it nice that we can come on this forum and bicker about who's better - the Packers or the Bears? It's events like 9/11 that remind us that there's much more important stuff out there than football, that's for sure. My student council will be putting on a remembrance tribute at school tomorrow to recognize the heroes that put their lives on the line that fateful day.

God Bless The U.S.A. :USA:

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well said DaBears and ND. NY is always home, and it will never be the same after 9/11. So many people came together through that event, and so many heros died in the line of fire. It was a display of courage that will go unmatched.

I just hope all those involved in carrying out these terrible attacks are caught and brought to justice!

May every person who passed away that unfaithful day RIP.

5. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I don't put value on life or anything, but I do live my life for something...allegiance to the US. 9/11 was a horrible day for this country. When 3000 people had one of their natural rights taken away, it is shameful.

It is a day never to forget...but come on...people die from murder every day every year, why don't we hold rememberances for them? Every life is equal the people who died on 9/11 worth no more than any other person. I don't have the energy or time to remember everyones life. I do have the ability to mourn for our country.

6. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    god bless the u.s.a. & every other country fighting against terrorism.

to the victims - r.i.p. ; to their families - my sympathies.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bears vs. Packers is the best rivalry in the NFL but it's the brave men and women who give us the freedom to enjoy that.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    SO true DaBears! This war we are fighting against the terrorists is unlike any other war we have had to endure. The people we are fighting want ONLY for ALL of us Americans to be dead! You can't make peace treatys with these people. No deal will stop them from attacking us. And they don't even care if they die doing so. It's a different world we live today. 9/11 made us face the terrible people there are in the world.
    There are people murdered in our country in every major city in the U.S., but on 9/11/01 our COUNTRY was attacked from horrible people. It wasn't a one on one crime, it was an attack on all we believe in and hold dear.

I for one will remember those that were cut down on this date 5 years ago.
    I think this is a war that will not end with Osama Bin Laden being taken prisoner or killed. There will be another murderer that will be willing to take his place.
    I LOVE America, and have SO much respect for those that have fought, and still fight for our freedoms. It is people like that that make it possible for us to KEEP our freedoms.
    It doesn't seem possible that it was 5 years already. It does seem like only yesterday. We must NEVER forget what happened, or it will happen again.

The innocent people that died that day were someone's loved ones. I feel fortunate that I didn't lose anyone i knew in the attack. But many familys did, and i grieve for them!

9. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Very well said DaBears!!!!

10. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well Said Da Bears and Cheesy. Canadians support you 100% At least the ones with a heart and respect do. I always enjoy coming down and singing the anthem at football games

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks CDN! :wink: