73 days till the Draft

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That means 71 days till I hit Las Vegas and L.A!

I'll finally be able to watch it this year as I'm in the US when it's taking place, awesome.

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How insecure do you have to be as a fan to post those "Vikings Sux" smileys to start a thread that is not even remotely directed at the Vikings? They beat your team twice and advanced further than them in the playoffs this year, so if they suck then your team must really freaking suck. I can see posting those smileys right after you whooped them, and in a context where posting them actually made some sense. Then you may have some room to talk. But at this point I think that, unless you guys enjoy looking like the village idiots of the football fan community, those things would best be shelved at least until your team is looking down on them in the standings.

EDIT: Reading over my post I can see how some might think I'm angry or offended by the smileys. Actually, I'm quite amused. It's actually comforting because it could be worse, I could be a Packer fan. And in that case I would be embarrassed to read the first post in this thread.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
How insecure do you have to be as a fan to post those "Vikings Sux" smileys to start a thread that is not even remotely directed at the Vikings? They beat your team twice and advanced further than them in the playoffs this year, so if they suck then your team must really freaking suck. I can see posting those smileys right after you whooped them, and in a context where posting them actually made some sense. Then you may have some room to talk. But at this point I think that, unless you guys enjoy looking like the village idiots of the football fan community, those things would best be shelved at least until your team is looking down on them in the standings.

How many Super Bowls have the Vikings won? Once they win a championship we will talk.:viksux:

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I think nelanator just answered his own question on why he posted the vikings sux smileys and doesn't even realize it.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

EDIT: Reading over my post I can see how some might think I'm angry or offended by the smileys. Actually, I'm quite amused. It's actually comforting because it could be worse, I could be a Packer fan. And in that case I would be embarrassed to read the first post in this thread.

Reading over your post, I'm glad I'm not a Viking fan. Then I would be a fan of a team that has won nothing and I would get really upset when others point that out to me.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

I think you're reading way too much into seemingly random smileys.

Another team won it's first Super Bowl. You guys must be feeling pretty lonely by now. I could see where you were feeling cranky.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I'd be depressed if I was so insecure about my team that I had to lurk in my team's rival's draft talk forums.

:viksux::chisux::detsux::yu::happy0005::Talkative::paladin::jester::):shock::dontknow::icon_question::wacko::frustrated:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd be depressed if i was so insecure about my team that i had to lurk in my team's rival's draft talk forums.

:viksux::chisux::detsux::yu::happy0005::talkative::paladin::jester::):shock::dontknow::icon_question::wacko::frustrated:
ouch!

And it would be worse if I didn't express what my team whas for quite some time when joining the forum, pretending to be a packer fan.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
ouch!

And it would be worse if I didn't express what my team whas for quite some time when joining the forum, pretending to be a packer fan.

I propose a litmus test when joining this site. Maybe having to write in an email a response to a few questions, like when did you become a packer fan, your favorite memory as a fan, etc.....and perhaps a referral from a current member. This would keep the trolls out.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I propose a litmus test when joining this site. Maybe having to write in an email a response to a few questions, like when did you become a packer fan, your favorite memory as a fan, etc.....and perhaps a referral from a current member. This would keep the trolls out.
It would exclude new packer fans also...

There's a lot of people from different countries that are packer fans by watching the game and simply choosing a team...

And before anyone labels them as fair weathers, I was one of them (not exactly, my father was an exchange student in Racine back in the 60s... It's a long story).

But my focus when I was a kid was always soccer, and as I grew on watching football, my love for the Pack also grew.

So, that's the problem with restricting fans from joining boards, and etc...

It's better to deal with trolls in another way.

Plus, we have a neat software that labels trolls as "packer haters". They get a pretty pink color to their nickname, and some functions are disabled...

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
It would exclude new packer fans also...

There's a lot of people from different countries that are packer fans by watching the game and simply choosing a team...

And before anyone labels them as fair weathers, I was one of them (not exactly, my father was an exchange student in Racine back in the 60s... It's a long story).

But my focus when I was a kid was always soccer, and as I grew on watching football, my love for the Pack also grew.

So, that's the problem with restricting fans from joining boards, and etc...

It's better to deal with trolls in another way.

Plus, we have a neat software that labels trolls as "packer haters". They get a pretty pink color to their nickname, and some functions are disabled...

Thats cool....I did not realize that! Thank you for the clarification.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
How insecure do you have to be as a fan to post those "Vikings Sux" smileys to start a thread that is not even remotely directed at the Vikings? They beat your team twice and advanced further than them in the playoffs this year, so if they suck then your team must really freaking suck.

A bitter bitter Vike fan. Nothing to see here. Move along folks.

Members online

Latest posts