7-Step Plan Back To Super Bowl in 2019

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Says ever single domestic violence offender of all time...

"Batterers are often considered individuals who terrorize, intimidate, control and abuse their partners. And, they typically do it again and again. In fact, 31 percent of those convicted on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge were arrested again within a year of being released, according to the Center for Court Innovation, and 44 percent were arrested again within two years."

https://www.domesticshelters.org/domestic-violence-articles-information/will-it-happen-again

So to say you are sure he will change, that is a pretty bold statement considering at best it is about a 50/50 chance of happening again within 2 years. And there are millions of people in this country that are 21 and spend nights drinking without pushing people and using physical intimidation of women to get their way.

I stick by my statement. Don't want any part of hime.

First of all what he did wasn't domestic abuse. It was assault. Don't get it twisted.

Second I don't know the guy personally, but everyone has made mistakes in their life, bigger ones than what Hunt did. Now will he change for the better that remains to be seen. But I'm not gonna sit here and forever condemn the guy without giving him the opportunity at a second chance. I believe in redemption. Lord knows we've all did things we wished we could've taken back.

See the concept of the game is winning. So let's say for all intents and purposes we pick up Hunt and with his help we win another Lombardi, would you still have a problem with him? Add to that if he changed for the better?

What I hate is that we live in such a judgmental society that we want to keep people down rather than help build them back up. Now yes I get it because he earns a bigger paycheck and what he did wasn't the best thing to do. He made his bed and is lying in it. Maybe it's because I like to believe in the good in people and people can redeem themselves. If i'm wrong, fine. Not the first time and won't be the last.

But if he helps us win and proves to better himself as a person from this experience, I'd be more than willing to give him a chance, especially if it helps us win. Now would I pick him up, I can't say I would ONLY because RB is not a glare weakness right now.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all what he did wasn't domestic abuse. It was assault. Don't get it twisted.

Second I don't know the guy personally, but everyone has made mistakes in their life, bigger ones than what Hunt did. Now will he change for the better that remains to be seen. But I'm not gonna sit here and forever condemn the guy without giving him the opportunity at a second chance. I believe in redemption. Lord knows we've all did things we wished we could've taken back.

See the concept of the game is winning. So let's say for all intents and purposes we pick up Hunt and with his help we win another Lombardi, would you still have a problem with him? Add to that if he changed for the better?

What I hate is that we live in such a judgmental society that we want to keep people down rather than help build them back up. Now yes I get it because he earns a bigger paycheck and what he did wasn't the best thing to do. He made his bed and is lying in it. Maybe it's because I like to believe in the good in people and people can redeem themselves. If i'm wrong, fine. Not the first time and won't be the last.

But if he helps us win and proves to better himself as a person from this experience, I'd be more than willing to give him a chance, especially if it helps us win. Now would I pick him up, I can't say I would ONLY because RB is not a glare weakness right now.

You make it sound like I am saying he should be banned from all employment for life, and live the rest of his life homeless. That is not what I said at all.

I just don't want him to be a Packer... Same with Vick, Mixon... etc. I'd rather lose without them, then win with them.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't want him to be a Packer... Same with Vick, Mixon... etc. I'd rather lose without them, then win with them.
Why? Because of their past mistakes? Are we too good for people like them because of what they did? If they help us win and prove themselves to be better people shouldn't we encourage that?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been thinking that I would not mind it if our top 3 draft picks were all offensive linemen. I am tired of getting by with what we come up with and am tired of reading people saying " the stats show we have a great line. We just can't run short very well." And "guards just aren't very important. You can get one in the 5th round."

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been thinking that I would not mind it if our top 3 draft picks were all offensive linemen. I am tired of getting by with what we come up with and am tired of reading people saying " the stats show we have a great line. We just can't run short very well." And "guards just aren't very important. You can get one in the 5th round."
I don’t know if i’m all in on the top 3 picks.... but I understand your sentiment.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Because of their past mistakes? Are we too good for people like them because of what they did? If they help us win and prove themselves to be better people shouldn't we encourage that?

If they can prove themselves to be better people, THEN I'd be fine with having them help us win.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We did get a guard in the 5th round - he just didn't show up.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Though it may not have been "domestic abuse", the level of respect he has for people and women is evident. If ever i was going to peg someone for future abuse, it's a guy like that. This wasn't a reactionary slap in the face slap back. He was repeatedly restrained and repeatedly kept trying to go after. and then when she was down and visibly hurt, he gave her a nice kick in the ribs for good measure.

in all my life of doing stupid ****, kicking a woman I just put down was never even a possibility. this guy can go get a job and work on himself. he doesn't deserve what football can afford to him.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Though it may not have been "domestic abuse", the level of respect he has for people and women is evident. If ever i was going to peg someone for future abuse, it's a guy like that. This wasn't a reactionary slap in the face slap back. He was repeatedly restrained and repeatedly kept trying to go after. and then when she was down and visibly hurt, he gave her a nice kick in the ribs for good measure.

in all my life of doing stupid ****, kicking a woman I just put down was never even a possibility. this guy can go get a job and work on himself. he doesn't deserve what football can afford to him.
Pretty sure you didn’t mean it this way... but the above leaves open the possibility that you have put a few women down... just haven’t kicked them afterward :rolleyes:... I agree with your post btw... just thought i’d add some inappropriate levity ;).

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The woman was alleged to have called him the N word from multiple sources as well as to have struck first. If these accusations are true then why are we dismissing the stuff she did? One thing that bothers me in modern society. No ONE should put their hands on one another be that of a man, woman, or child. From my understanding she was the initiator of it all, but we're making her seem like she's a victim. I'm sorry but I don't see her as that. What Hunt did was stupid, but if these reports of her doing and saying what she did, then she's just as vile, if not more vile than him. What Hunt did was not in the same level of what Ray Rice did.

But we're straying off topic so I'll stop here. To all the moderator's I apologize for straying away from the subject.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure you didn’t mean it this way... but the above leaves open the possibility that you have put a few women down... just haven’t kicked them afterward :rolleyes:... I agree with your post btw... just thought i’d add some inappropriate levity ;).
probably wasn't clear, but you're correct. The reason kicking a woman in the situation was never a possibility was because i've never put one in that position. or anything ever close.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The woman was alleged to have called him the N word from multiple sources as well as to have struck first. If these accusations are true then why are we dismissing the stuff she did? One thing that bothers me in modern society. No ONE should put their hands on one another be that of a man, woman, or child. From my understanding she was the initiator of it all, but we're making her seem like she's a victim. I'm sorry but I don't see her as that. What Hunt did was stupid, but if these reports of her doing and saying what she did, then she's just as vile, if not more vile than him. What Hunt did was not in the same level of what Ray Rice did.

But we're straying off topic so I'll stop here. To all the moderator's I apologize for straying away from the subject.
I don't care. Sticks and stones, she can leave, I can call hotel security, I can walk away. i can walk myself right out of hotel with a woman screaming at my back. She's never going to have the opportunity to hit my face in the first place at which point my hands would be used in no other way than to hold her hands back from doing it again if need be, while I walked past her to call the cops to remove the nutball or just leave myself.

But i guess I'd never be in that situation to begin with. The company you keep and all.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably wasn't clear, but you're correct. The reason kicking a woman in the situation was never a possibility was because i've never put one in that position. or anything ever close.

Me, neither. They scare the heck out of me.

OP
OP
P

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to hear more about Eric Bieniemy and why we should/shouldn't hire him as our next HC and less about anything Kareem Hunt-related if it doesn't have anything to do with him potentially playing for us as a RB sometime in the future/how he might fit in an offense for us.

OP
OP
P

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for good measure-I'll add this article into the thread:

https://theundefeated.com/features/...ght-to-be-packers-first-choice-as-head-coach/

The Packers have a golden opportunity. If Aaron Rodgers is going to play into his mid-40s this is the guy that can make it be a winning additional decade of play. It also allows us to go into the college ranks to get a guy to be AR12's soundboard and not worry about him having too much pressure as a pro OC coaching a future HOF. And-EB is the type of offensive-minded coach that can not only garner the respect of defensive players/coaches, but he also would start holding the special teams unit more accountable in their assignments as well.

We need to be zeroing in on this man...

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM has been fired-and we prolly mathematically were all but eliminated from the playoffs by losing to the Cardinals.

So now what?

Here's what I would do to get the Pack back on track:

1. Hire Eric Bieniemy As HC

When it comes to on-the-field, the main problem has been the ineffectiveness/inconsistencies of the offense. Specifically the lack of production by Aaron Rodgers that wins us games instead of just making games exciting for casual NFL fans. MM oversaw a winning culture in GB during his tenure overall, but it was painfully obvious that his play-calling/offensive philosophies grew stale. Bieniemy is running in my eyes the best offense in pro football out there in KC. Andy Reid has publicly made it known that Bieniemy is a key component to what the Chiefs are doing in terms of installing offensive game plans, and when you think about Eric's experience as a player plus the fact that KC is so good at getting "wiggle" players in space a light in the FO coming on to direct EB to GB should be happening.

Bieniemy would come in and quickly grab Aaron's attention, and his respect soon after. The only way Rodgers is going to get the additional SB rings we all as fans are looking for is if he's playing under a newer, fresher offensive system that he willingly will buy into, recognize where he has to "reign himself in" on trying to play off-schedule, and trust that it will make his life easier. Bieniemy can do that.

2. Hire Kliff Kingsbury As OC/QB Coach

I think bringing in Kingsbury would just add so much to the revamping. There would be two younger, fresher minds that can bounce ideas off of themselves when it comes to exploiting opponents' defenses, and also keep Aaron engaged. I think Kliff in the role of the new "Alex Van Pelt" could be a great pairing. Kingsbury's roots are essentially tied into the Air Raid offense. The Packers' offense under MM has definitely had some Air Raid elements-I've noticed it for years. Kliff plays translator for Aaron in order to find some things he is used to in the new stuff they would be doing. So u can keep some old things MM did that Aaron liked, and you get new spins on old things/stuff Aaron hasn't done before. Get these 3 guys in a coaches' room with a white board and let's create some magic.

3. Keep Mike Pettine As DC/Don't Change Defensive Staff

The other good thing about hiring EB is that we can just keep Mike Pettine at DC-and actually have some form of continuity as an overall team going into next season. I actually am somewhat impressed with the defense considering all of the circumstances surrounding the unit/what has transpired this year, and believe that if we give him some additional reinforcements in the off-season he can have them playing even better.

4. Sign Earl Thomas + Roger Saffold In FA PT. 1

We need a true ball-hawking free safety. It will help MP's defense be its best if we get that guy. Earl Thomas' leg injury was a fluke in my eyes and he is worth the money. I still think he is the best pass-defending safety in pro football. And what he brings to the table is exactly what we need. I also believe bringing in Saffold is a must. The guard play this season has not been good. Taylor regressed and RG has been covered with a band-aid for like 2 seasons now. I think we can afford to either restructure/cut Bulaga by bringing in Saffold to be the RG, thus giving a high round rookie draft pick in '19/Spriggs/McCray/the rest of our OL not named David, Lane, or Corey the chance to be the starting RT.

5. Resign Randall Cobb + Sign Kareem Hunt In FA PT. 2

RC has been hurt most of the year and his production has declined, but he still has value not only currently as a slot WR that can beat man coverage/has rapport on-the-field with #12, but in a new offense he could be utilized as a "wiggle" guy with great route-running abilities in order to threaten defenses horizontally. I think a 1-yr let's see you with a new offensive regime deal makes sense for both parties. Picking up Kareem Hunt as soon as possible after Bieniemy is hired officially would be a shrewd move that could pay big dividends down the road. He'd have some familiarity football-wise to rely on, and I think GB's insular, almost college-esque media market could be just what the doctor ordered for him to continue an impressive pro career that is being temporarily derailed by an off-the-field mistake. A 1-2 punch of him and Aaron Jones? Yes-it would be worth it to make the move, because now our offense is scary af again. Plus it won't cost much cap space to get Hunt.

FYI I'd also go after vets like Lorenzo Alexander at the OLB (EDGE) spot to shore up depth. Fackrell has piled up some sacks this year but that doesn't mean he is a stud, it just means he may have finally found his role as a pro defender under MP, as a situational player for passing downs. He can cover a little to go along with what he has done rushing the passer, but against the run he is atrocious and is no where near starter-caliber as an overall player. He just doesn't totally suck anymore. We need more depth at alot of positions, and this off-season we have to continue to look to improve the depth via FA.

6. Draft Josh Allen & Marquise Brown In The 1st Round of 2019 NFL Draft

We need better players at the EDGE position. Josh Allen is one of the most athletic and productive at the position, and I think he'll be on the board where we will end up picking. Though I wish we didn't have to considering we took 3 WRs last yr, the need for a dynamic offensive playmaker to compliment what Davante does is apparent to me now so picking one early is a must. Even if Cobb comes back, we need a young "wiggle" guy. That's what's missing in our offense-the dynamic explosiveness that guys like Hill in KC or AB in Pitt provide. We need to be able to tell Aaron on occasion to throw the ball 2 yards away and expect it to be able to go for 30-40. I think we draft Marquise Brown with the Saints' pick and we are right there as one of the best offenses in the NFL again, because now Aaron will be able to do all the cute stuff that keeps Tom Brady looking like a top QB (the short, quick game) as well as design the deep shots that showcases Aaron's arm (the fun stuff he likes) without it being improvised via #12.

7. Continue 2 Reboot Roster/Cut Dead Weight

Bulaga should be cut. Perry should be cut. CMIII must not be resigned under any circumstances. I would only bring back RC if 1) He is okay with a 1 year contract and 2) Aaron Rodgers is adamant about him returning. GB has to utilize the cap they have by not wasting it on veteran players that have either not performed up to their current contract/are fringe guys that are barely able to stay in the league anyway. Meaning I also want the Kentrell Brice's of the world that are on our roster off ASAP as well. IDC if they're a scrappy UDFA from a small school that doesn't take up much cap space-if they can't play don't keep them around! Once they get their chance and they suck get rid of them, period.

If Mark Murphy/Gute follow this 7-step plan, we would obliterate the league in 2019 and AR12 would have his 2nd SB ring with ease.

Step 1: Hire a quality coach.

Step 2: Bring in some better players.

Step 3: Win.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just for good measure-I'll add this article into the thread:

https://theundefeated.com/features/...ght-to-be-packers-first-choice-as-head-coach/

The Packers have a golden opportunity. If Aaron Rodgers is going to play into his mid-40s this is the guy that can make it be a winning additional decade of play. It also allows us to go into the college ranks to get a guy to be AR12's soundboard and not worry about him having too much pressure as a pro OC coaching a future HOF. And-EB is the type of offensive-minded coach that can not only garner the respect of defensive players/coaches, but he also would start holding the special teams unit more accountable in their assignments as well.

We need to be zeroing in on this man...

I posted his name Sunday. .he is on the list from what I'm hearing

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Why was hunt not truthful if she initiated it all.

Members online

Latest posts