7 more years of Cutler

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough. Didn't mean to offend. Just pointing out that in my opinion the national narrative is way off on Cutler. Him and Trestman are going to be scary.

I agree he's not as bad of a qb as he is made out to be and think he's very gifted.

I will never understand however why nfl fans have such short memories. it is always the same diatribe. "He's got weapons now, just watch how is good he'll be!"....or..."With this new offense, you just wait!" ....or...."I think this new coach will make him into a great QB". it is the same thing we hear fans say about qbs all over the league all the time and it's never true. the season ends and it's the same results when looking back!

EVERY SINGLE YEAR for the past 3 years I heard about "matty ice" and how this was HIS year because...bla...bla....bla...bla........ NO! The guy is who he is and that's a very average QB that will never win the big game! Romo- same exact thing.

do I think cutler is capable of making plays and beating the packers? yep! do I think it's more likely that he's going to cost his team the game when a play is needed? YEP!!!!! jay is jay is jay is jay . he's a good qb, a solid rung below the top tier...and HE WILL GAG WITH THE BEST OF THEM FOR AS LONG AS HE IS PLAYING.

I am glad he's in Chicago not because I think he sucks. I'm just gad we don't have to worry about seeing a top tier QB there for the next few years. (Had they taken a shot at drafting one)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Fair enough. Didn't mean to offend. Just pointing out that in my opinion the national narrative is way off on Cutler. Him and Trestman are going to be scary.

But yes, cutler can appear to be a huge ****** and I'm glad I dont have to try to root for him.
Rod, no offense taken....seriously.

He and Trestman...that rebuilt offensive line (which really impressed the livin' hell out of me) with the two bookend receivers?? Oh yeah....that is an offense that is going to give the Pack's defense (such that it is) nightmares. I don't have a problem with Cutler --- seems most Bears fans do though --- I'm just saying that he's been so unsuccessful to date against the Pack that whatever voodoo is at play there, should very definitely be allowed to continue until such time that it doesn't work out in the Pack's favor any longer. :sneaky:

Oh...and Rod?...welcome to the forum.

D

Deleted member 6794

Too much false bravado around here. Cutler will most definitely break our hearts a few times over the next couple seasons. The guy plays hurt and has turned a corner this year as a leader. People just get fooled because he doesn't act like they want a football player to act. Get over it

Paying $18 million a year for that guy is insane IMHO. He has never thrown for more than 27 TDs in a single season and has led his team to the playoffs only once in seven seasons, with his only playoff win coming against the 7-9 Seahawks.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I think this says it all:
2013:

********: 11 games, 19 TDs, 12 INTs for a 89.2 QBR
McCown: 8 games, 13 TDs, 1 INT for a 109.0 QBR

McCown was a natural in the WCO system and a ton more accurate. He had that performance playing at a high level compared to VJJ who did okay but still reverted to bad habits when defenses got into his head.

Everyone talks about Cutler's "talent," which is indisputable, but it's very much an unrealized" talent. The man has had eight years to produce and he's only won one playoff game and only been in the playoffs one time.

He's injured yearly and yet he is given a nearly top-tier contract? I can see the prospects for the Bears were limited this season but they've just married themselves to a QB who isn't very comfortable in the WCO and has proven he'll stop playing that system when the pressure is on.

Their defense can be destructive, but Cutler isn't the guy to lead them back to the big dance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts