7-9 improvent?

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
amongst all this anger (me included) I gotta throw in one posotive post. Even though todays game is a write off I can still see us with the upcoming schedule winning 3 of the last 4 to go 7-9. To me from 4-12 to 7-9 at the beginning of the season I would of thought that's the next step to making a run next year. I'm wondering if 7-9 is good enough for others to be considered us taking the next step to being a team in contention next year. Other then some D coaching changes and Manuel being shown the door I still think I need to see this team next year before we tear it apart

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this team goes 7-9 then I think it's a real step in the right direction and something to build off of and hopefully Favre comes back because bad throws or not he is better than any QB on the roster, in the draft, and free agent out there.

With that said I see maybe one more win and that's a maybe right now.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: I see one win as a possible. Vike's are going to be playing for a wild card and will have revenge on their minds; Detroit is improving as is SF and the Bears at home will be tuning up for the big show and their defense will probably keep the game alive for the Bears. A bit of luck and GB may have two wins.

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7-9 would be good, but can you guess the seven teams we will have beaten?

Lions(x2), Dolphins, Vikings(x2), Cardinals, and one other team.

There are no real contenders in that group. And we have seen what we did aginst two real contenders(Jets and Pats....outscored 73-10)

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
amongst all this anger (me included) I gotta throw in one posotive post. Even though todays game is a write off I can still see us with the upcoming schedule winning 3 of the last 4 to go 7-9. To me from 4-12 to 7-9 at the beginning of the season I would of thought that's the next step to making a run next year. I'm wondering if 7-9 is good enough for others to be considered us taking the next step to being a team in contention next year. Other then some D coaching changes and Manuel being shown the door I still think I need to see this team next year before we tear it apart

7-9! Are you nuts? The Packers will win one more game this season at best! They blow!

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we do, then you'd better have a direct line to the man upstairs because I doubt TT has the football brains to really be successful a GM. Case in point. Watch the Seahawks.

Quote="packedhouse01"]Right now, with this record I'm hoping we lose out. We can use the higher draft picks.[/quote]

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we do, then you'd better have a direct line to the man upstairs because I doubt TT has the football brains to really be successful a GM. Case in point. Watch the Seahawks.

Quote="packedhouse01"]Right now, with this record I'm hoping we lose out. We can use the higher draft picks.
[/quote]

Weak. Who has TT given big contracts to? Kampmann and Woodson, both players that have proved this year the are capable. He drafted Hawk and Jennings, both who have shown great potential. Now I am not saying every move has been good (Manuel and Shotty) but TT has done okay so far.

I thought at the beginning of the year, everyone said this was a rebuilding team. Now if the lose, everyone wonders what is wrong and imagining this is a Super Bowl bound team.

Much of 4-12 and whatever record this year is rollover from MS days. What happens next year will be completely be on TT shoulders.

And come on, at the very least Ahmad "Holding #28" Carroll is gone.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that did not take very long.
After 3 loses in a row with two of them coming as blow outs at home the Packers are now on their way to 7-9.
No! Wait! 8-8 and a wild card birth!
:crazy:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After 3 loses in a row with two of them coming as blow outs at home the Packers are now on their way to 7-9.

Are you telling me when the Bears were stinking it up you didn't have any optimism about your team at all?

Personally I see maybe one more win tops but I don't see what's so bad about showing a little optimism once in a while. If there is one thing this team does well and that's be inconsistent. That means their due up for a little streak.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Are you telling me when the Bears were stinking it up you didn't have any optimism about your team at all?

Personally I see maybe one more win tops but I don't see what's so bad about showing a little optimism once in a while. If there is one thing this team does well and that's be inconsistent. That means their due up for a little streak.

Is thinking that the Packers are suddenly going to win 3 out of their last 4 games optimism or is it being delusional?
What exactly are you seeing in these blow out games that leads you to think this? Just curious.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Philtration said:

Is thinking that the Packers are suddenly going to win 3 out of their last 4 games optimism or is it being delusional?
What exactly are you seeing in these blow out games that leads you to think this? Just curious.

I never said that they will win out. I said personally I think one more win at tops. It's in the post right above yours.

If there is anything going for the Packers it's they play 2 teams who've they've beaten on the road already once this year.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im positive were gonna win at least 1 more game. i think were gonna finish 2-2 6-10 overall. wins coming agains the 49ers this week and the lions at home.

OP
OP
C

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm staying positive as we don't need to be a SB contender to win 2 out of 3 against 49ers, Lions and Vikings and then we have a good shot at the Bears since they'll have nothing to play for.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the sad part of this is we had too many chances to make it to the playoffs. their are 3 or 4 games we could have won but we did not take advantage of the oppoturnites.

its kind of the same story as last year.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
were going to win against the niners ... they have as good as a D as we have :p but we just have a bit more experienced players on both sides of the ball to take the win

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After last nights game the announcers said that anyone that is 8-8 could get into the playoffs, so if we win all of our next games there is a shot...okay I maybe dreaming but could happen...

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Philtration said:

Delusional is thinking you are going to win the Superbowl when your starting QB racked up an impressive 1.3 rating. 1.3!!!!

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think it's far more likely that we'll win one of the next four games, not the other way 'round.

We're not good. In fact, we're worse than we were last year. Last year we were at least competitive in most of the losses. How many games did we lose by 7 or less? 6? 7?

This year we're everyone's whipping boy - regardless of however many wins we end up with. And judging from the last three games, I'm starting to get the feeling that the players have given up. Last year, when we were competitive, at least we never lost the team.

McCarthy's biggest challenge for the rest of this season will be circling the wagons enough to keep the players from feeling like losers. If he can't do that, Green Bay will go back to being the Gulag of the NFL - nobody will want to play here.

Members online

Latest posts