1. Nick Collins
2. Marquand Manuel
3. Tyron Culver
4. Tra Boger

Special Teams

Kicker - Dave Rayner
Punter - Jon Ryan
Snapper - Rob Davis

Najeh Davenport, Kenny Peterson, and Corey Rodgers I think are going to be cut. Just some educated guesses but this is what I think is going to happen. At least something similar.

Italics is guys who could be release do to a pickup off of waivers

Corey Rodgers will likely be picked up by someone so he probably won't be put on the practice squad.

I think Arlis Beach is a lock to make the practice squad and any of the guys in itaclis that are eligable for the squad could be put on as well. Martin, Brewster, Tollefson and Boger I believe are the only one's. If they bring in a QB then Ingle Martin will be put on the squad as well.

Reaction score
Mine:

Quarterbacks

1. Brett Favre
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Ingle Martin

Backs

1. Ahman Green (RB #1)
2. William Henderson (FB #1)
3. Samkon Gado
4. Noah Herron
5. Vonte Leach

Receivers

1. Donald Driver (#1 WR)
2. Robert Ferguson (#2 WR)
3. Greg Jennings
4. Rod Gardner
5. Ruvell Martin
6. Carlton Brewster

Tight-Ends

1. Bubba Franks
2. David Martin
3. Donald Lee

Tackles

1. Chad Clifton
2. Mark Tauscher
3. Daryn Colledge
4. Tackle that will be picked up from cuts

Centers/Guards

1. Scott Wells
2. Jason Spitz
3. Tony Moll
4. Chris White
5. Junius Coston

Defensive Ends

1. KGB
2. Aaron Kampman
3. Michael Montgomery
4. Jason Hunter

Defensive Tackles

1. Ryan Pickett
2. Colin Cole
3. Corey Williams
4. Cullen Jenkins
5. Kendrick Allen

Linebackers

1. Nick Barnett
2. AJ Hawk
3. Ben Taylor
4. Brady Poppinga
5. Abdul Hodge
6. Roy Manning

Corners

1. Al Harris
2. Charles Woodson
3. Ahmad Carroll
4. Jason Horton
5. Mike Hawkins

Safties

1. Nick Collins
2. Marquand Manuel
3. Tyron Culver
4. Tra Boger

Special Teams

Kicker - Dave Rayner
Punter - Jon Ryan
Snapper - Rob Davis

Possible PS players:
- Dave Tollefson (I really like him)
- Chad Lucas
- Arliss Beach
- Cory Rodgers (If he isn't picked up by another team, which might be wishful thinking)

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wondering, why do you guys think Leach is going to get a roster spot? Am I missing something here? He doesn't seem to have impressed very much with his lack of ability to catch the ball and he has been whiffing on blocks in preseason games from what I've heard. Also do you guys think that Martin is really the second best TE or was there no particular order in that part. I think he will get a roster spot but isn't better than Lee. Other than those two things I can understand the rest.

Reaction score
Super, IMO Leach is the 2nd best blocking FB we have on the team, and that is enough for him to make it. Herron/****** maybe able to fill in ocasionally, but Leach is the closest thing to being a starting fullback on this team, and so I think they keep him.

As for Martin, I just think they give him a chance based on his potential. He can be good, and I think TT and MM are relying on him being healthy. I also think that whoever steps up during practices and game time will eventually become the #2 TE, and that the #2 TE spot is still up for grabs.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think David Martin and Donald Lee are really competing for the #2 tight end spot. They are very different players. Martin is a better blocker and Lee is a better receiver, and they will be used in situations that make the most of their talent.

I'm on the fence about Leach. I've never liked him much as a player, but I don't see anyone else who could play FB for us, even in a pinch. They tried Gado one day in practice, and that was it. Davenport is not a good blocker. Maybe Noah Herron, but he's pretty small to play that position.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked what I saw out of Zac Alcorn, both as a reciever and on special teams. I think he has a chance to stick over Donald Lee. The new staff doesn't seem very impressed with him.

I can almost guarantee our running backs roster will look different after the rest of the league makes their final cuts. They can't be content with this group, even after Herron's performance. Most of his impressive performance came against the third team of Tennessee last night. I'd be more apt to look at his sub 3.0 avg last season as an indicator of his typical output as a runner.

I also believe, as many of you do, that Davenport is as good as gone, though I would expect TT will try to get at least a low round pick for him via trade.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't understand how what LOOKED like a strong stable of RB's can look so awful the whole preseason. If this keeps up, Favre will be expected to carry the team with his arm, like last year. And we all know how well that ended up.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I just don't understand how what LOOKED like a strong stable of RB's can look so awful the whole preseason. If this keeps up, Favre will be expected to carry the team with his arm, like last year. And we all know how well that ended up.

They have nowhere to run. In this scheme you have to cutback fast or hit the original hole. The Line isn't able to provide those holes. Mix that with hesitation by the back and it pretty much eliminates any running game.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not only that they have nowhere to run, guys. It's that these guys just aren't that good.

There's a reason no one wanted Gado.
There's a reason no one drafted Beach.
There's a reason no one paid $$$ for Davenport in FA.
There's a reason Noah Herron was on a practice squad last season.

Let's be realistic. The blocking hasn't been super, but a good running back would find a way to get it done. We need to look outside this group for answers.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the past Davenport and Gado looked good! What happened from then to now? Only the blocking has changed. And only a few backs in the NFL (like Barry Sanders) could make something out of nothing.
The line better start opeing some holes, or the season will end up another LONG one.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davenport looked good for brief moments. Same can be said for Gado. A lot of what the NFL does in the run game is based on line work, and even "turd" running backs can get glory sometimes if everything comes together.

Each have their strengths, but I'd say Davenport's brusing style just isn't good for this system, and also because of his tendency to get injured all the time. I'm ready to close the book on him, he's looked completely out of sorts this fall.

Gado seems to be overthinking things too much. I was incredibly impressed with him at times last season, then there were times that he looked like a street free agent. He's a keeper, for sure, but I'm not ready to call him the answer. In my opinion you always need to continue to look for outside options when there are so many question marks.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
recte44 said:
Davenport looked good for brief moments. Same can be said for Gado. A lot of what the NFL does in the run game is based on line work, and even "turd" running backs can get glory sometimes if everything comes together.

Each have their strengths, but I'd say Davenport's brusing style just isn't good for this system, and also because of his tendency to get injured all the time. I'm ready to close the book on him, he's looked completely out of sorts this fall.

Gado seems to be overthinking things too much. I was incredibly impressed with him at times last season, then there were times that he looked like a street free agent. He's a keeper, for sure, but I'm not ready to call him the answer. In my opinion you always need to continue to look for outside options when there are so many question marks.

Yeah.....i think Davenport is gone by the end of today.
I really thin Gado CAN be good, if he can JUST learn the system! Of course, the learning time is over, and the big "test" is the Bears game.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
recte44 said:
It's not only that they have nowhere to run, guys. It's that these guys just aren't that good.

Let's be realistic. The blocking hasn't been super, but a good running back would find a way to get it done. We need to look outside this group for answers.

This is a ridiculous statement. A GOOD running back finds a way to get it done with no blocking? That's absurd. The O-line is 65% of running the ball. Alot of great O-lines have made average NFL RB's superstars!

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm comfortable with our RBs, but our line needs to improve quickly.
I think the final RB spot is between Davenport and Leach. The FB position isn't as important in this offense. With injury questions, though, they may keep an extra RB and only keep 5 WRs (I really don't feel more than 5 have earn a spot on this team)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
recte44 said:

This is a ridiculous statement. A GOOD running back finds a way to get it done with no blocking? That's absurd. The O-line is 65% of running the ball. Alot of great O-lines have made average NFL RB's superstars!

I agree that good blocking is essential, but Gado and Davenport really haven't shown much zip even on those plays where the blocking has been decent. Davenport is a plodder (what happened to that speed he used to have?) and Gado is not attacking defenses like he did at times last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Packers pick up an RB from the waiver wire.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Just wondering, why do you guys think Leach is going to get a roster spot? Am I missing something here? He doesn't seem to have impressed very much with his lack of ability to catch the ball and he has been whiffing on blocks in preseason games from what I've heard. Also do you guys think that Martin is really the second best TE or was there no particular order in that part. I think he will get a roster spot but isn't better than Lee. Other than those two things I can understand the rest.

Leach will make it by default. Although I could see GB bringing in someone else from Denver or Atlanta.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarterbacks

1. Brett Favre
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Ingle Martin

Backs

1. Ahman Green (HB #1)
2. William Henderson (FB #1)
3. Najeh Davenport (HB #2)
4. Samkon Gado (HB #3)