1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

5 Guys who need to step up

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Oct 30, 2007.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    da_real_deal, look at the pass defenses and the numbers they allow. genius.

brennan, "still both caliber Cb's bottom line" doesn't make sense. So...yeah.

You guys can live in the past all you want, but Harris and Woodson are not playing like they did last year. It's awesome to say "We have the best CB duo in the league" but we don't. Not with the way they're playing now. I hope they turn it around.

Also, look at the running diary in my sig and see how many times I noticed harris or woodson messing up. That's me NOTICING. Doesn't even count what I missed.

2. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Whatever i mean, were they supposed to be the best? Nope. Are they Deion Sanders & Rod Woodson? Nope. They are pretty damn good considering the scheme we run and their quality exceeds or is near any tandem in the league. I can live with that. Nuff said.

3. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

very well put miler time, i dont think anyone could have summed up this ridiulous argument any better!!!!

applause applause applause

:)

4. Aytumious

Aytumious Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How many big gains or TD's have they given up? Look what happened to Bly and Champ last night. You can't discount how big it is to have CB's that don't give up big plays and keep WR's out of the endzone.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Does anyone know how we can figure out how many plays over, say, 20 yards each Woodson and Harris have given up along with points?

6. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    id like to know myself, are you talking in thier careers or just this season

7. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing that has left me impressed is the last 2 games I thought our D looked horrible,especially in the first half ,but by the end of the game you realized they didn't give up many points. I believe in the last 2 2nd halves we've only givin up 6 points. So ya our D can definatly imrove but in the end if we're only giving up 13 points a game they must be doing something right. Only thing is there will be better offences coming up so hopefully we fix some issues

8. axelred13

axelred13 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that our entire secondary needs to step up and create some turnovers.

We have 6 INTS this year and only 2 are by our secondary.

Popinga and Hawk definately need to step it up. I saw Brady doing what looked to be a ballerina twirl downfield when Young broke off that 45 yd run. Hawk has turned into the invisible man. I have noticed some bad coverage on his part, but I expect to hear his name alot more this year.

I also would like to see a little better return game. It seems we are lacking in that department and giving our offense a long field.

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say if the Packers develop a running game they can be a very dangerous team. I don't know how good. I don't want to speculate quite yet but the only thing I see holding this team back is a running game. If those players step it up then good things will happen.

10. nleidigh319

nleidigh319 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    cant really argue with that

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Just this season. I have some resources, but just too lazy to look it up.

12. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know the 20 yards one but from what I had read, Harris gave up one touchdown and that was to Vincent Jackson. Woodson has yet to give one up. I believe it was in the USA Today article posted. I could be wrong.

I remember reading that the Burress touchdown was more on the safeties than the corner. Looking back on the play that seems like a pretty good assessment.

13. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so between our two starting cb's they have given up one td, sounds pretty good to me

14. nleidigh319

nleidigh319 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ya its just that we give up alot of receptions

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    True, now how many of those receptions got the team within the red zone in which points were scored?