5 FREE AGENTS SIGNED BY PACKERS

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AHMAN GREEN, WILLIAM HENDERSON, MARQUAD, AARON KAMPMAN AND RYAN (forgot his last name). All good players at a bargain. Not bad for TT. And we need offensive guards and there are not many out there in free agency, we learned that lesson last year. And I doubt we are done with several good players out there. But we are shackled by Favre in whether to sign a QB and if we need to hold onto money to do so.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good signings but as well as offensive guards we need a Kicker and more guys Brett can throw the ball to ( No he's not gone yet ). Cheers !!!

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT will draft guards. He's not gonna overpay for free agent guards.

I'd like to see TT add a linebacker before the draft and a cornerback. I'd say wideout, but the free agent pool is weak.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Safety may not be the bargain Roman is. Pickett is a 1st round pick(be it a late one at 29th) coming off his rookie contract so He is payback for Timmerman. There will be fewer Sherman problems to get rid of next year

I think the signings also help dispel some of the penny pinching perception people possess of Thompson.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kevan Barry is going to get a shot at guard. I think that's already a huge improvment. I think Scott Wells can be a fine center as well... The only other question in my opinion and this is assuming Barry can play the guard in the zone scheme is the other Guard and WR on offense.. Both can be addressed through the draft and FA is far from over.

I like the upgrades on defense and the resignings thus far.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coston is suppose to have a big upside and if healthy may challange for a guard spot. I do realize the need for a veteran in that position and believe, in time, it will get addressed. As far as receiver, I think JW will be back. Money talks, even if you don't feel its what you're worth. It's time to prove your value and you do that by playing the game.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
TT will draft guards. He's not gonna overpay for free agent guards.

I think Jags is convinced that he can get better production out of the guards on the current roster than Sherman/Rossley did. Some might shudder at the thought, but I think the starting guards will come from a group consisting of Barry, Coston, Klemm, and maybe Scott Wells (If they sign Flanagan).

I don't see a guard being drafted by The Packers before the 3rd round.

Reaction score
carlos said:
Coston is suppose to have a big upside and if healthy may challange for a guard spot.

YES! I thought Coston reminded me a little of Whale, and I expect him to at least contend. Him and White did make the roster for a reason last year, and I think Coston could solve one of our Guard problems. I haven't read a lot on him, but I just like this kid.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All about da Packers wrote: YES! I thought Coston reminded me a little of Whale, and I expect him to at least contend. Him and White did make the roster for a reason last year, and I think Coston could solve one of our Guard problems. I haven't read a lot on him, but I just like this kid.

Coston was drafted as Wahle's replacement. Klemm was suppose to be a stop gap. Well, we all found out the hard way on that one. I think they have White targeted as our next center. Whether he plays this year or Flanagan comes back will be decided in training camp. I really believe Wells best attribute is being the utility backup for all three positions. I also think Berry should be given the opportunity to win the RG position. He is a punishing run blocker, although I question if he has what it takes between the ears to be the starter. OL are usually very bright guys.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think our biggest need right now is a LB, and then a G, then a solid WR(given we dont get JW back) if we get JW then i think our receiving core is great...Walker/Driver/Gardner...oh yeah, and CB

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coston was drafted as Wahle's replacement. Klemm was suppose to be a stop gap. Well, we all found out the hard way on that one. I think they have White targeted as our next center. Whether he plays this year or Flanagan comes back will be decided in training camp. I really believe Wells best attribute is being the utility backup for all three positions. I also think Berry should be given the opportunity to win the RG position. He is a punishing run blocker, although I question if he has what it takes between the ears to be the starter. OL are usually very bright guys.[/quote]

:roll: Have to agree on this one and perhaps the new blocking scheme will help the situation as well. GB has does have some available personnel already on the roster from which to select replacements at guard and, of course it will take time to get whoever they are into synch, but I'm not as cocerned with "O" line as much as most on this forum.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"but I'm not as cocerned with "O" line as much as most on this forum."

why not?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well we have 2 good tackles who are locked in till 2008.

flanny\wells are a good center combo

barry COULD(in theory) be a nice Rg or RT(moving tauscher to RG)

we also have young guys who could come on.

and thats as of now.

there is still more free agency and draft, and player cuts in june.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:
"but I'm not as cocerned with "O" line as much as most on this forum."

why not?
:) :)
Primarily as mentioned above we have tackles and in all likelihood at least one competent guard with the possibility that one of the individuals drafted last year or before may be ready to step it up as well as this years draft and FA. Also think the new blocking scheme may well be the answer to some of the problems the "O" line had last year. Anyway we really need better LB's and a top line safety and unless Ahman C. can start to perform a bit better a CB. Offensively I would really like to see another WR who can stretch the field. With Ahman green and Gado as possible 1 -2 at RB and Henderson and Leach think the backfield should be more then adequate.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts