4th quarter collapse....

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Leach was a better blocker, no argument there.

Packers passed 55 times this game. 29 times last week.

20 carries last week.
16 this week.

The Pack abandoned the run early this game, and started passing to Green so he would actually have somewhere to run to. The problem was, Green couldn't catch a cold. Last week, there were actually holes he could run through. This week, he was stacked up at scrimmage, which accounts for his low yardage even though he rushed almost as many times.

I am not really interested in debating this though. Regardless of who you want to blame, the end result is another mark in the "loss" column and a thoroughly disappointing performance all around.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Zero2Cool said:

20 carries last week.
16 this week.

a thoroughly disappointing performance all around.

all around? are you serious? we lost, no doubt. it sucks.

but there were performances that surely didnt suck all around.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Zero2Cool said:

20 carries last week.
16 this week.

The Pack abandoned the run early this game, and started passing to Green so he would actually have somewhere to run to. The problem was, Green couldn't catch a cold. Last week, there were actually holes he could run through. This week, he was stacked up at scrimmage, which accounts for his low yardage even though he rushed almost as many times.

I am not really interested in debating this though. Regardless of who you want to blame, the end result is another mark in the "loss" column and a thoroughly disappointing performance all around.

I think your expecting to much. I don't blame you. I expect more out of the Pack but realistically what went down is exactly what I thought went down. GB played better this week. They loss and no excuses should be made but if you were expecting another blow out like last year then you must've had your hopes way up there. Give credit where it's due. Drew Brees looked good and the New Orleans offense was potent. GB played awful as well on D but the Saints did look good. Now an all around dissappointing game would be losing to the 0-2 Lions next week.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Anubis said:
Zero2Cool said:

20 carries last week.
16 this week.

It was a thoroughly disappointing performance.

The Pack was up 13 points before the 1st quarter was over. They then sat on their collective ***** and let N'awlins take a 20-13 lead by the 3rd. The Pack then caught up in the 4th, and then let the Saints score, recover a fumble and score again, resulting in a 34-27 final after a dramatic attempt to tie it up.

You don't find that disappointing??? What colour is the sky in your world???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the loss is disappointing.

my sky is blue.

we were in the game(had a lead first half) and were competitive all the way till the end.

there were improvement in key areas.

We had a lead, and lost it cuz of our horrible pass D (our run D is good, but dont mention that...thats called ignorance by the way, ignoring the facts).

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

my sky is blue.

we were in the game(had a lead first half) and were competitive all the way till the end.

We had a lead, and lost it cuz of our horrible pass D (our run D is good, but dont mention that...thats called ignorance by the way, ignoring the facts).

The defense looked very good against the run with the exception of McCallisters TD run.
Our pass Defense is pathetic.
I really expected a win today especially when we got up by 13.
This loss is very disappointing.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was amazing. we got up, cuz of our good run D and pass rush.

they tried to run it. it didnt work. we had that going...

then they started passing...and it was a whole new ball game.

the pass D needs to be addressed. I dont know what the problem is, personnel or coaches,etc, but whatever it is, needs to be fixed

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

my sky is blue.

Trom,

I posted the following:

Anubis said:

Yet, somehow, you see fit to label me "ignorant", even though you apparently agreed with me (twice, nonetheless).

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
tromadz said:

my sky is blue.

Trom,

I posted the following:

Anubis said:

Yet, somehow, you see fit to label me "ignorant", even though you apparently agreed with me (twice, nonetheless).

Stop being so ignorant.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shiftysdad said:
Stop being so ignorant.

Hello Troll,

What part of:

Tromadz said:

are you having trouble comprehending???

This is what I posted:

Anubis said:

Now Shifty, please explain what is so "ignorant" of the above statement or ****. I do not have the time, nor the patience, to debate nonsense with imbecilic children trolling the internet for attention.

Find a new game, son.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not true, it's your opinion. Don't pyle on us here.

what moves are those, packerchick? which ones got under your skin?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Anubis said:
Zero2Cool said:

20 carries last week.
16 this week.

Yes we lost the game, but all in all we did improve alot over the last game. Favre is the leader so far in passing yards, I thought over all we played a great game of football. There were some mistake but I thought Kampman and KGB were great!!! Also Driver was awesome to....come on guys we can only get better..GO PACK

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

lots of moves got under my skin. I wasnt thinking rationally. that happens in times like this. Im hoping for the best too.

Sorry about what I said. I was much too blunt.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

All the veterans we lost: Rivera, Wahle, Sharper, Longwell, fill in the blank.

Our team is being gutted.

Guess that I was spoiled by the good teams. Sorry. Please forgive my remarks. Just not speaking right. It happens.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can understand that.

im all for getting rid of another veteran lineman...chad clifton. hes not earning his high paycheck one bit, and makes those rookies look pretty good if you compare them to Chad Clifton.

ps - ill never regret losing sharper. i love it.,

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
tromadz said:

All the veterans we lost: Rivera, Wahle, Sharper, Longwell, fill in the blank.

Our team is being gutted.

Guess that I was spoiled by the good teams. Sorry. Please forgive my remarks. Just not speaking right. It happens.
Was "fill in the blank" offense or defense? :-?

Members online

Latest posts