49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I didn't say he's an exceptional QB. I said he's an exceptional talent. Just as Cobb is an exceptional talent but not an exceptional receiver. In other words, more upside is visible.

I didn`t mean that comment as a put down HRE and if it came across that way my sincere apologies. I merely mean as much as I respect the 49ers, they whooped our *** but to be fair that wasn`t too difficult that day. With respect to our visiting 49er fan who started the thread, on the big day, your boys weren`t up to the challenge either.

I get a bit steamed when an individual player gets hyped up as its a team game. I guess my opinion of our former QB is well known on here, and when I see people singing his praises about how he won the Superbowl for us, it ruffles my feathers. He contributed to the win, he did not win it, and its the same here. Keapernik or however the hell you spell it was a contributing player in the 49ers run for the championship, as was Smith, Gore, Crabtree and even good old Randy Moss !
Joe Flacco gave credit to the whole of the Ravens squad for that win, which to me was classy ! There is no "I" in team as they say. They WILL be a force this season, there is no doubting it, but until he wins something, Keapernickle, keapernik, or who ever he is COULD just be lucky. although even I don`t believe that and I`m saying it !!

H

HardRightEdge

I don't doubt he has a certain talent....

I would make that a plural. His arm strength and the quickness of his release is as good as anybody's, he's accurate, he protects the ball, his running ability requires no discussion. What seems to be overlooked is his grasp of the game for a guy with his experience. I can't recall a QB with so little experience trusted to call so many audibles. The only thing that might hold him back is if he fails to contain his knucklehead tendencies.

If I were starting a franchise today, Kaepernick would be my second choice behind Rodgers.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I would make that a plural. His arm strength and the quickness of his release is as good as anybody's, he's accurate, he protects the ball, his running ability requires no discussion. What seems to be overlooked is his grasp of the game for a guy with his experience. I can't recall a QB with so little experience trusted to call so many audibles. The only thing that might hold him back is if he fails to contain his knucklehead tendencies.

If I were starting a franchise today, Kaepernick would be my second choice behind Rodgers.

I would not deny that he has ability, its just everything else that goes with it. Agreed his elevation to first choice seemed rushed, but then you consider who he replaced............

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Is it safe to say that HRE has a man-crush?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Luck would be my third choice after Rodgers and KP. RG III is awesome but he will have a short career Imo.

But, Rodgers at 29 (turns 30 during the season) is getting to the point where you might not look to him to be the guy if you were starting a franchise.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Luck would be my third choice after Rodgers and KP. RG III is awesome but he will have a short career Imo.

But, Rodgers at 29 (turns 30 during the season) is getting to the point where you might not look to him to be the guy if you were starting a franchise.

Totally biased opinion: I like Russell Wilson the most amongst young QBs to build around. IMO, his play on the field most closely resembles Rodgers- the kid can scramble when he needs to but he looks to settle into the pocket, go through his progressions, and stick his throws. Outstanding efficiency. Impeccable decision-making in all facets. I'm confident he'll age gracefully as a pocket-passer and I think the height thing is a total non-issue (check out the size of the line he played behind at Wisconsin).

I'm not as confident about RGIII or Kaepernick developing into outstanding pocket passers, especially with defenses adapting to the option. Luck is more the traditional QB of the bunch but he wasn't very efficient against a pretty soft schedule last year. I'd like to see him improve before I choose him over the former Badger.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you said biased. Funny that a guy with badger in his post name would arrive at that conclusion about Wilson. :giggle: He has his own limitations.

H

HardRightEdge

Is it safe to say that HRE has a man-crush?

Or is it safe to say HRE has an appreciation for talent? Of course, one needs to look past the things that don't matter.

Besides, your homer man love for Wilson, the inferior talent between the two, is on full display. Those who live in glass houses should not throw bricks.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or is it safe to say HRE has an appreciation for talent? Of course, one needs to look past the things that don't matter.

Besides, your homer man love for Wilson, the inferior talent between the two, is on full display. Those who live in glass houses should not throw bricks.

Relax, Edge... -your ******** is showing. ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As you said biased. Funny that a guy with badger in his post name would arrive at that conclusion about Wilson. :giggle: He has his own limitations.

Biased I am. (But bias doesn't make it wrong.)

Interesting comparison between Luck, RGIII, Wilson, and Kaepernick (the "Gang of Four") over at Grantland:
The strength-of-schedule issue only makes Wilson's performance look stronger. While Luck played the easiest schedule in the NFL and Griffin played the third-easiest slate in the NFC, Wilson played a tougher schedule than any quarterback outside the NFC West. He was also just the fourth rookie quarterback since the merger to win a playoff game on the road, while his feverish comeback against the Falcons in the divisional round failed only on account of his defense. If the Russell Wilson who was torching the league at the end of the season is the guy we see in 2013, he's the best quarterback amid the Gang of Four.

Check out Wilson's passer rating over the second half of the season.

My ******** is showing. :D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Relax, Edge... -your ******** is showing. ;)

Biased I am. (But bias doesn't make it wrong.)

Interesting comparison between Luck, RGIII, Wilson, and Kaepernick (the "Gang of Four") over at Grantland:

Check out Wilson's passer rating over the second half of the season.

My ******** is showing. :D

The Police in England and Scotland are recruiting if you were interested Badger !!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Wilson had the best year last season. But I wouldn't say he will have the best career of the 3. Amazing that Wilson worked himself into the convo of RG3 and luck

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
out of wilson, Luck, RGIII......Luck was asked to do a lot of reps as a rookie, on a team with virtually no supporting cast, all he had was reggie wayne for a go to guy. At least RGIII had an outstanding RB to help and not to mention RGIII put himself in dangerous situation, that is his fault he got hurt. Wilson, c'mon.....the kid is decent, but by no means better than the other two we are talking about. Wilson had a fraction of the reps Luck did and a fraction of the stats that Luck or RGIII put up. Wilson was another guy who had a RB to lean on, whereas Luck did not. If luck would have had a 1200 yd + rusher and one more above average WR or a beastly TE, they would have done better. Not to mention the colts D was not great either.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
out of wilson, Luck, RGIII......Luck was asked to do a lot of reps as a rookie, on a team with virtually no supporting cast, all he had was reggie wayne for a go to guy. At least RGIII had an outstanding RB to help and not to mention RGIII put himself in dangerous situation, that is his fault he got hurt. Wilson, c'mon.....the kid is decent, but by no means better than the other two we are talking about. Wilson had a fraction of the reps Luck did and a fraction of the stats that Luck or RGIII put up. Wilson was another guy who had a RB to lean on, whereas Luck did not. If luck would have had a 1200 yd + rusher and one more above average WR or a beastly TE, they would have done better. Not to mention the colts D was not great either.

For PFFs rankings last season they ranked Wilson 5th, RG3 9th, and luck 17th. 23 TDs and 18 INTs isn't very good. I think Luck also had the best WR of the group. No one in Seattle or Washington last season comes close.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
For PFFs rankings last season they ranked Wilson 5th, RG3 9th, and luck 17th. 23 TDs and 18 INTs isn't very good. I think Luck also had the best WR of the group. No one in Seattle or Washington last season comes close.

And why do you even come close to beleiving PFF rankings? are they not the same group that had us ranked 9th as of right now? that's a laugher right there.

Luck was asked to pass the ball 627 times last season, that is a TON for a rookie. More attempts, more chances for error. He also threw for 4300+ yds. His best WR was reggie wayne, other than that he didnt have a good #2 or #3 guy in Avery or Hilton. Their RB ran for an astounding 814 yds and 2 TD's...wowza.

RGIII attempted only 393 passes for 3200 yds. Then again when you have alfred morris running for 1600+ yds you might not need to pass as much. The WR's Garcon, Moss, Hankerson, morgan are not as good as reggie wayne, but they are better than INDY's #2 and #3 and #4 guys.

Wilson attempted 393 passes for 3118 yds, slightly worse than RGIII. We all know he has Lynch rushing the ball, for 1500+ yds which helps a lot. His WR's Rice, Tate, and TE miller are better pass catchers than the corp of INDY's with the exeption of reggie wayne.

Luck was asked to do the most out of the 3 QB's with the worst running game, poorest Defense, and only one WR worth a crap.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
What, in Gods name.......is a Homer please ????

A "homer" is a term for hitting the ball completely out of the park in the sport of baseball. Otherwise known as a home run, a dinger, a long ball, going yard, upper decker, or with the bases loaded a grand slam or grand salami.

"homer" is also the father figure on a long running adult based cartoon called the simpsons

"homer" is also the definition that HRE gave. Otherwise I'm just a wise ***.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A "homer" is a term for hitting the ball completely out of the park in the sport of baseball. Otherwise known as a home run, a dinger, a long ball, going yard, upper decker, or with the bases loaded a grand slam or grand salami.

"homer" is also the father figure on a long running adult based cartoon called the simpsons

"homer" is also the definition that HRE gave. Otherwise I'm just a wise ***.

And this guy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts