49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners will suffer from the loss of their top receiver.
A shame.
For Niner fans.

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still amazed how quickly 49ers fans turned on Moss after Kapernick put him in so many bad positions in the Super Bowl.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Didn't Kaepernick join the Dolphins? :D
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Not what I want my team leader to look like. Pants sagging and showing off what brand of boxers you're wearing, was stupid when it started and it remains stupid. The fact that he's a Super Bowl loser (to go along with his arrogant, meathead of a head coach) is enough to make me happy. End of story.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Isn`t there some rules within the NFL against wearing other team apparel ??

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

IDK, maybe. But you have to think it would be frowned upon.
I honestly thought the NFL had strict rules on uniform and team stuff ! Doesn`t the Patriots coach like pissing off the NFL by cutting the sleeves off his sweatshirt and stuff.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I honestly thought the NFL had strict rules on uniform and team stuff ! Doesn`t the Patriots coach like pissing off the NFL by cutting the sleeves off his sweatshirt and stuff.

I think someone of importance did say something to bill bel-a-cheat about his sideline appearel, but he really does not give a crap. Besides, he does wear a pats sweatshirt with the sleeves cut off...lol Or maybe he is just trying to show off his awesome guns?!?!

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still amazed how quickly 49ers fans turned on Moss after Kapernick put him in so many bad positions in the Super Bowl.

Niners fan here. Yeah, I'm not sure why the niners turned on him so fast. He was good (in his role) of spreading the field and keeping defenses honest. That one throw by Kaep was definitely an over throw and Moss had no chance. I'm think it stems from his pregame conference, when he said that he is better than Rice. I could care less about that. However, I do not think the niners should bring him back this year. At some point they have to throw their young wrs in the deep end and see if they can swim.

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kaepernick back at San Quentin yet? He looks like he just walked out of there.

Wow, a lot of hate for Kaep here. Do you really think that Kaep looks like he belongs on Death Row. . . because of tattoos?

Before I get into my perspective on Kaep, let me first say that I am 30, I personally dislike tattoos, and pretty much all of the current fashion these days. Hat bills should be curved, and for the love of everything that is holy, they should not include stickers or tags. I also notice that kids today have to match EVERYTHING. I have a cousin that is a freshman in HS. He is actually pretty good in sports, but he isn't really a fan of any one team. He wears a Red Sox hat to match his shoelaces on one day, and a Dodgers hat with another pair of shoes / shoelaces another day. Because he is one of the younger male cousins in our family, we are all sure to give him **** whenever we see him.

I think Kaep is just very much part of that young culture. I personally think he looks ridiculous and his tattoos look atrocious now, not to mention that they will look even worse when he is seventy. But seriously, you are going to judge a man's character because of what he wears or because he has tattoos? If you read any background on the guy, you will find that he is very intelligent (one of the highest Wonderlic scores in the NFL), did well in school, and spends A Lot of time and money on charities (most notably, one helping children with heart defects).

Does your distaste of tattoos extend to all players / people with tattoos (even Packer fans, players)? Because guys like Patrick Willis also sport a lot of tattoos, and I don't think there is a better ambassador to the NFL (seriously, that man has overcome a lot to be where he is).

As for the niners fan view, there are a number of fans that have been put off by his Dolphins Hat. I think it's overblown. Too often, fans act with the rationality of jilted lovers, feeling betrayed over the dumbest things. If anyone wonders over Kaep's allegiances, please refer to his actions. On week after the Superbowl, he was already back in the gym with teammates. He gives it all to his team.

If I had to quibble over anything, is that Kaep did not have to spark this conversation. He could simply wear niners gear 24/7, and not give the fandom sect hissy fits. But he is going to stubbornly be himself, which means he will have to play well.

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of hate for Kaep here. Do you really think that Kaep looks like he belongs on Death Row. . . because of tattoos?

I enjoyed your entire write-up and it's very well-written. I also agree with you on all counts. I have nothing against Kaepernick as a human being (from what we, the general public, know about him). I'm sure he's a great dude and a great person.

However ... again, not what I want my team leader to look like. He's the face of the entire franchise, whether he likes it or not. I mean, can you imagine seeing Rodgers, Brees, the Mannings, etc., all inked up like they're in the Manic Latin Disciples? Sorry, but ... Bible verses, scripture or not - that's what he looks like, no way around it. Having a few tattoos to express yourself is one thing. But when you start getting full sleeves and taking it to such an extreme, etc. - you've crossed over into another realm of what society views as "this or that". That dude would never get a job working where I work, looking like that - I'll say that. He's going to look like a wrinkled inked idiot when he's 60. He's lucky he's been blessed to play this game and that won't last forever, either.

Hell, he still has to prove that he isn't a one-year wonder. He has an arm, but the read-option is his gimmick and his thing. It won't last. He had his field day vs. the Packers and good for him. But, I hope he enjoyed it. He takes one lick from a full-speed defender and it could be all over. I don't wish injury on him - he's a good kid. But, the reality is, he's painted himself like a thug and that's what he looks like. If he doesn't like that perception, tough marbles. He made his choices.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niners fan here. Yeah, I'm not sure why the niners turned on him so fast. He was good (in his role) of spreading the field and keeping defenses honest. That one throw by Kaep was definitely an over throw and Moss had no chance. I'm think it stems from his pregame conference, when he said that he is better than Rice. I could care less about that. However, I do not think the niners should bring him back this year. At some point they have to throw their young wrs in the deep end and see if they can swim.

Putting on a Niner's uni and telling the press you're a better wideout than Rice is about as intelligent as the up-and-coming face of the franchise wearing another team's cap in public...

But seriously, you are going to judge a man's character because of what he wears or because he has tattoos? If you read any background on the guy, you will find that he is very intelligent (one of the highest Wonderlic scores in the NFL), did well in school, and spends A Lot of time and money on charities (most notably, one helping children with heart defects).

Give it a rest: it isn't his character that's under attack, it's his judgment.

For such an "intelligent" young man, he's shown a remarkable lack of sensibility in (a) wearing another team's cap, then (b) lashing out over the criticism on twitter. The brazen "I'll do whatever the hell I want attitude" will eventually get you trouble when you're the face of a franchise. Did he learn anything at Nevada?

...and nothing I've said has **** to do with his tattoos.

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I enjoyed your entire write-up and it's very well-written. I also agree with you on all counts. I have nothing against Kaepernick as a human being (from what we, the general public, know about him). I'm sure he's a great dude and a great person.

However ... again, not what I want my team leader to look like. He's the face of the entire franchise, whether he likes it or not. I mean, can you imagine seeing Rodgers, Brees, the Mannings, etc., all inked up like they're in the Manic Latin Disciples? Sorry, but ... Bible verses, scripture or not - that's what he looks like, no way around it. Having a few tattoos to express yourself is one thing. But when you start getting full sleeves and taking it to such an extreme, etc. - you've crossed over into another realm of what society views as "this or that". That dude would never get a job working where I work, looking like that - I'll say that. He's going to look like a wrinkled inked idiot when he's 60. He's lucky he's been blessed to play this game and that won't last forever, either.

Hell, he still has to prove that he isn't a one-year wonder. He has an arm, but the read-option is his gimmick and his thing. It won't last. He had his field day vs. the Packers and good for him. But, I hope he enjoyed it. He takes one lick from a full-speed defender and it could be all over. I don't wish injury on him - he's a good kid. But, the reality is, he's painted himself like a thug and that's what he looks like. If he doesn't like that perception, tough marbles. He made his choices.

Okay, that made me laugh.

I can't really argue with anything you said. As I already admitted, I personally do not like tattoos. And if a person wants to go into a job interview looking like the Birdman, then they better be prepared for a negative reaction. But I've had no problems accepting guys like Justin Smith and Patrick Willis as team leaders, so I'm extending that same faith into Kaep.

Interesting enough, I live in the small city that Kaep grew up in. As you can imagine, Kaepernick mania is everywhere. One of my co-workers actually attends the same church as Kaep's adoptive parents (although that is as close as our "6 degrees of separation" gets). I casually rooted for him at Nevada simply because he was a local guy, and I didn't attend a Division I school (UC Davis). I never thought he would make it as far as he did. He always seemed to frail and, yes, gimmicky. However, everything I've heard about the guy seems to be really positive. Hopefully, with his newfound fame, it remains to be.

As far as how he plays this year, I'm crossing my fingers. I'm not worried about teams figuring out the read - option. I posted an article here awhile back that showed that the niners used the read option less than the Seahawks, Panthers, and Redskins. With Kaep under center, they used it less than 5% of the time in the regular season. But the only way to defend it is to keep one player from crashing on the dive, which is one less person in run support. I expect a lot of handoffs, not unlike the Atlanta NFC Championship game.

I am extremely worried about Crabtree's injury. Kaep zeroed in on Crabtree far more than any other receiver. With Manningham and Kyle Williams coming back from serious injuries, the niners will have to lean on Boldin and some seriously unproven wrs. The offense will have to rely on the running game and not put everything on Kaep's plate. But I do think that Kaep will round into a very good qb. He can make all the throws, and he shows remarkable poise. Every time he turned the ball over last season, he led the offense to a touchdown on the following drive (save the Super Bowl).

I just hope he stops kissing his biceps.

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putting on a Niner's uni and telling the press you're a better wideout than Rice is about as intelligent as the up-and-coming face of the franchise wearing another team's cap in public...

Give it a rest: it isn't his character that's under attack, it's his judgment.

For such an "intelligent" young man, he's shown a remarkable lack of sensibility in (a) wearing another team's cap, then (b) lashing out over the criticism on twitter. The brazen "I'll do whatever the hell I want attitude" will eventually get you trouble when you're the face of a franchise. Did he learn anything at Nevada?

...and nothing I've said has **** to do with his tattoos.

Again, as a niners fan, I could care less if he wore a Dolphins hat. I may feel a little differently if he wore a seahawks hat, but that's not the case. As long as Kaep continues to work his *** off for his team, who cares what he wears in public.

I understand why some people are miffed. And I've already pointed out that he'll have to play well if he doesn't want to play the company man 24/7. But really, for the time being, I pretty happy that he is a niner.

Edit -

Oh, and about Moss: I really did not like the move to sign Moss in the first place. I thought he was a washed up, locker room cancer. But if he ever caused problems last season, the fans did not hear it. He seemed to accept his role as a glorified decoy, and he played pretty well when the niners needed him to. The Superbowl comments were stupid, but he hurdled every expectation I had for him. That said, I wouldn't want the niners to sign him back, receiver needy as we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online