49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WALDEN is the problem on that play.
He was UNBLOCKED... the way the RAMS defended the 49ers, he would GO AT THE QB and WALLOP him.
Instead, he went inside after Gore... mistake.
Watch...... Walden now on Colts.

Also, our slot CB went inside, too far, then blocked himself to the ground taking another person out of the huge lane for the tattoo'd Kapernick.

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where's the Niner fan who was talking to me about injuries, (they were lucky as hell last year, we were unlucky as hell)?
He was saying THAT was because they have a highly respected S&C coach, trainer, etc.

Fact is, they are mostly LUCK. That's it.

Kapernick was great last year throwing to Crabtree. I saw in the post-season he was like 120+ passer rating throwing to him, and under 80 to everyone else.

I said I'd like to see how the Niners could do if they had our 2012 amount of injuries.... this is a start.
Next up, their OL and their ILB unit....... meanwhile, let our guys stay healthy like SF did last year.

Imagine what a difference it can make when your premiere, red-talent guys are on the field, as opposed to in civies on the sideline or in their living rooms watching.

Actually, I said that anything can happen on any Sunday, and losing that many injuries would suck. I did mention that the niners S&C staff were highly respected league wide, which can help to mitigate injuries, but obviously there is only so much you can do. Although mostly I was wondering why you were even asking, considering last year is behind us and most posts in this thread are good natured excitement for next year for two very good teams. It just seemed like random, misplaced, sour grapes.

As soon as I heard the news, I figured there would be a new post waiting for me. I did not expect you to root for for more injuries (hell, Seattle fans aren't even doing that) but oh well. I never entertained your hypothetical because, as I said, it seemed like misplaced bitterness. However, should you persist this narrative, I could remind you that the niners' starting qb went down in the first quarter in one game, and wasn't cleared medically for the next two. Obviously, it was very nice to have Kaep on the sidelines, but I don't think you guys would even had made playoffs if Rodgers went down for that period of time. Different teams, different personnel strengths, and different schemes. You guys losing your ILB does not exactly equate to the 49ers losing their ILB. There is a difference in the drop off in talent, and on how much the team relies on that talent. The same can be said about OL, or in your case, QB. But keep rooting for injuries.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ talk about QB's , you had better hope that Kaep does not go down....who's your back up??? Colt Mcoy??? lol....be careful, if colt gets hit, his mom will be at the locker room putting band aids on his boo-boo and his dad will be calling other teams looking for the bully.......

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I said that anything can happen on any Sunday, and losing that many injuries would suck. I did mention that the niners S&C staff were highly respected league wide, which can help to mitigate injuries, but obviously there is only so much you can do. Although mostly I was wondering why you were even asking, considering last year is behind us and most posts in this thread are good natured excitement for next year for two very good teams. It just seemed like random, misplaced, sour grapes.

As soon as I heard the news, I figured there would be a new post waiting for me. I did not expect you to root for for more injuries (hell, Seattle fans aren't even doing that) but oh well. I never entertained your hypothetical because, as I said, it seemed like misplaced bitterness. However, should you persist this narrative, I could remind you that the niners' starting qb went down in the first quarter in one game, and wasn't cleared medically for the next two. Obviously, it was very nice to have Kaep on the sidelines, but I don't think you guys would even had made playoffs if Rodgers went down for that period of time. Different teams, different personnel strengths, and different schemes. You guys losing your ILB does not exactly equate to the 49ers losing their ILB. There is a difference in the drop off in talent, and on how much the team relies on that talent. The same can be said about OL, or in your case, QB. But keep rooting for injuries.
You're right, I do have sour grapes, I admit it. I am not rooting for injuries to anyone, especially of the ACL, knee, leg variety. I hate those to anyone. A perfect world to me would be no injuries to anyone any team, may the best teams win. Remove that luck element.

However, I do have sour grapes because I am still bitter about all our injuries last year, plus Nick Collins' career-ending neck fluke play just as he was playing at a HOF level.
And I am still bitter about Sterling Sharpe's career-ending neck fluke thing as he was in the middle of a HOF level and as our team was rising to the top in 1994.

But mostly, it was last year, losing our #1 pick early, our #2 pick late, our 2011 1st rd OT missed the whole season. Our 2010 1st rd OT hip popped out, season over, our best ILB ripped his hamstring off in PRE-season game #1. His backup tore his ACL on a late block in week 6..... Our #1 WR missed half the year.... Our #2 WR battled hamstring most of the year, our #1 RB lisfranc in week 5, season over....
The bottom line is nobody gave us a pass when it came to injuries being a factor. The fact is, a team is like a high-performance sports car... you have many many parts, all have to be in synch and of high caliber.

You start to miss more and more important parts, you'll see the result in the end performance, not necessarily each individual component.

Eric Walden? He shouldn't have been there watching Kapernick waltz right past him. That should have been Nick Perry.
Brad Jones? That should have been Desmond Bishop, or even DJ Smith.

MD Jennings or Jerron McMillian? That should have been Nick Collins there.

The Football Gods better even things out this year, and for me that means we get the good health, someone else gets the bad end of things.

Our competition is SF, Sea, Atl, and NYG first and foremost. Washington and Dallas maybe as well.

Again, I wish good health to all, but it doesn't work out like that. I just want it balanced out from last year and the previous 2 years. We've had bad luck.

I didn't expect KingCrab to tear the achilles though. I missed on my VooDoo doll thing.....

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one wants to see key players go down with nasty injuries like Crabtree just suffered, unless they are a complete homer caring only about their own team and no one else. But over the last 2 seasons GB injuries have driven us nuts. As FRizzo said, the first and biggest was the career-ending injury to Nick Collins. That had a huge effect on the 2011 defense which when from near-first to worst. Then our 1st round draft choice Sherrod goes down. Then next year our 1st rounder and 2nd rounder both out. Our #1 tackler at ILB down. Our WRs Jenning, Nelson took turns being hurt practically the whole season. T Williams in a cast, a persistent shoulder injury that really showed in his performance. Our starting RT Bulaga on an already weak OL out.

The list just goes on and on.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank - you'll like this article: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9304112/bill-barnwell-state-san-francisco-49ers

"The rise of the 49ers into a superteam over the past two years is rightly credited to the impressive coaching of Jim Harbaugh and the improvements of their talented young core of players. There's a third factor that's often gone ignored, and it's health. San Francisco has been a staggeringly healthy team the past two seasons, with the Football Outsiders AGL metric ranking them as literally the healthiest team in football in 2012. Heck, sometimes, even the few injuries they've had have helped; Alex Smith's concussion created a spot for Kaepernick. The few traumatic long-term injuries they've dealt with have been to bit parts: Second wideouts Josh Morgan (2011) and Mario Manningham (2012) have missed half-seasons, while rotation linebacker Parys Haralson missed the entire 2012 campaign after tearing his triceps during the preseason. This team just hasn't had to deal with this sort of injury to this valuable of a player during the Harbaugh era."

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank - you'll like this article: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9304112/bill-barnwell-state-san-francisco-49ers

"The rise of the 49ers into a superteam over the past two years is rightly credited to the impressive coaching of Jim Harbaugh and the improvements of their talented young core of players. There's a third factor that's often gone ignored, and it's health. San Francisco has been a staggeringly healthy team the past two seasons, with the Football Outsiders AGL metric ranking them as literally the healthiest team in football in 2012. Heck, sometimes, even the few injuries they've had have helped; Alex Smith's concussion created a spot for Kaepernick. The few traumatic long-term injuries they've dealt with have been to bit parts: Second wideouts Josh Morgan (2011) and Mario Manningham (2012) have missed half-seasons, while rotation linebacker Parys Haralson missed the entire 2012 campaign after tearing his triceps during the preseason. This team just hasn't had to deal with this sort of injury to this valuable of a player during the Harbaugh era."

I'd like to know where we are on the unlucky scale. :( oops just saw the AGL metric. Just as I figured.

Interesting site I will visit. Not quite as good as Bleacher Report, however. ;)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense was soooooooo bad that game. Clueless, like we were defending 1984 Dan Marino instead of Vince Young.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I could have score TD's on those two runs and I can't barely make it to second base in softball without pulling a muscle! Those were WIDE OPEN running lanes. SMH. Ugh.

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8hb1xKUJKfo

I was At this game ^
way up in a section seated at the top of the stadium
Screaming at the Top of my lungs
Ill never forget it
Before the game know one knew who #8 was
After that game
a Bay Area Legend Was born.

Man those Cal-SC games were so fun and huge back then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=c9HIHCT7zd0

Will you stop with the Kapernick running thing? Seeing it live was brutal! :(

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

LOL!!!!! Those are clearly 2 wisconsin 49er fans at a Gay Bar in Appleton.
You assume too much. No 49er fans IN Wisconsin.........they all like FOOTBALL in Wsconsin !!!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

One of these young guys has got to step up. This will actually improve the WR corps going forward. This may be a huge break for Lockette, Patton or Jenkins. Crabtree and Manningham will be available later in the season so why not stand pat and give the young guys a chance? Then when the two vets return the team should have answered a few questions about depth,and the long term outlook of our Receiving corp. Questions will be answered:tup:
You could always ask Randy back ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts