49er's Hit Gold

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Later on I will be hammered in the threads but tonight was .......................You fill in the blanks, Kaper played like he wanted it A-Rod, NOT....Sorry, it should be the Packers Team..After the 1st QTR I think they were on their way back to GB..Embarrassing, Shameful, we fans and Stockholders deserve better than this.....

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I think that is a bit overboard. Yes, the Packers were embarrassed tonight. It happens.

But, I think the fans and shareholders should be proud of this organization. Or, would you prefer to return to the '80s?

It's a pretty damned good team that has had great success now for many years. I believe they are in the top regarding winning percentage lately. 2trophies in 16 years isn't too shabby either. Would like more, but there ARE 31 other teams out there...

If you can't see this, well, then your life must suck.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Later on I will be hammered in the threads but tonight was .......................You fill in the blanks, Kaper played like he wanted it A-Rod, NOT....Sorry, it should be the Packers Team..After the 1st QTR I think they were on their way back to GB..Embarrassing, Shameful, we fans and Stockholders deserve better than this.....
You're right! All hope is LOST! We should trade away the apathetic QB we have for somebody who WANTS to win. LIKE TEBOW!!! Better yet, sell the entire Franchise to the Chinese, they'll whip it into shape!!!

We got beat, it happens even to the best. Don't let it get you down

PFanCan

Reaction score
Heck, Denver got beat today, too. Maybe the Chinese should buy them also? LOL

You know what, these negative Nancy's are all correct.

I quit my cheesehead status and will follow them to another team. Maybe the Jets.

OP
OP
melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I think that is a bit overboard. Yes, the Packers were embarrassed tonight. It happens.

But, I think the fans and shareholders should be proud of this organization. Or, would you prefer to return to the '80s?

It's a pretty damned good team that has had great success now for many years. I believe they are in the top regarding winning percentage lately. 2trophies in 16 years isn't too shabby either. Would like more, but there ARE 31 other teams out there...

If you can't see this, well, then your life must suck.
Well life is very good here,and I also remember the 70's also, 1st 2 SB's in 16yrs, with the teams we have had, if you say thats just peaches than good 4U, Also I am a PACKER FAN and the other 31 teams mean squat to me, unless U care about them winning a SB, instead of the Packers, this is a league of WHAT U DID TODAY not 16yrs or a few hours ago, yeah it's a Pretty Good Team-----but should have been a much better team TODAY...I do not get bent out of shape or throw things when my team the GREEN BAY PACKERS lose, and I am sure true fans and shareholders feel the same way, but in those 16yrs and today, in just my opinion and my opinion alone, we should be over achieving a lot more,thank you..................

OP
OP
melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
You're right! All hope is LOST! We should trade away the apathetic QB we have for somebody who WANTS to win. LIKE TEBOW!!! Better yet, sell the entire Franchise to the Chinese, they'll whip it into shape!!!

We got beat, it happens even to the best. Don't let it get you down
Naw, never down,just expected better results from us, if China buys the franchise,what would the name be?and could TEBOW be the new O-Cordinator............

Lionheart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the problem. The Packers have stagnated. The way things are, with the competition the Pack are going to face in the foreseeable future, we can expect Aaron Packers to pile on records, the Packers to put on occasional shows against weaker opponents; but come playoff time, against physical teams like the 49ers, the Seahaws, the Vikings (watch out for them if they get it right with Ponder), the Giants or the Redskins, the Packers lack solutions. This is much like when Brett Favre played. Two Super Bowl appearances, one win and then never getting there again, with a team calibrated to suit Brett Farvre and not win championships.

The defense has to improve significantly because it's nowhere near a championship caliber one now. The Packers have to have a consistent running game, not a sporadic running game, like the one they have now, resorting to 'improvisations' like Harris or Starks. For that they have to improve the offensive line as well, even to protect Aaron Rodgers, who's the most sacked QB in the NFL. If they have to let go of Jennings to reinforce other sectors of the team, I'm all for it. We need more solutions, options for a balanced game. It's going to take time, but I hope management takes that approach. If it goes agains the coaches's 'philosophy' of play, then it's a problem and probably their time is up too.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Also I am a PACKER FAN and the other 31 teams mean squat to me, unless U care about them winning a SB....

I don't care about the other teams winning. I was referring to the simple fact that they exist and also trying just as hard to satisfy their owners and fans to win the SB. So, statistically speaking, to be better than average, a team should win more than one SB every 32 years.

You mention that this is a "what have you done lately?" League. Most of that impression is driven by the fans, the media, and some of the franchises. However, the top teams know better and have a longer term view. I put Ted T in this latter category.

However, if I had to give a label to the league itself, it wouldn't be "what have you done lately", it would be a single word: "Parity". Given that, I find the Packers success this past 16 years remarkable.

Go ahead, write Mark Murphy and complain. If you are a shareholder, it's your right. Knock yourself out. I am sure Mark will listen to you.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on the win Melvin. SF deserved it, you guys just beat us there is little more to say. I wish you guys good luck in the NFC Championship.

Members online

Latest posts