49er Game-- Winners and Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on... Kaep was already out of bounds before he jumped. He didn't make contact until Kaep was almost out of the white! Lol... You're defending a player on your team, I get it. There was nothing justifiable about that play, however.
You're right, clear penalty.
Not going to cause an injury though like, for example, the cut block Suh put on the Vikings OL on the Int return, down at the ACL.

The hit on Kapernick was penalty-worth, no denying.
But Colin would prefer that type of hit any day over what Bernie Pollard did to Brady or what was done to Carson Palmer.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
But, the Packers had a very good chance at stealing the victory. When they went up four points in the 4th quarter, I was thinking, "How in the hell is GB up despite two turnovers and getting Boldin-ed all day long?"
I was thinking of this too around that moment. How the heck were we up, after coughing the ball up twice, we always seemed to get the 3 and outs and had no help what so ever for special teams despite the awesomeness of Masthay? Then started thinking, OMG the sky isn't falling, the Packers are going nearly toe to toe, kept the run game down, and our running game wasn't too terrible thinking its versus the 9ers who have one of the better defenses in the league.

If I was a niner's fan, I'd thank the football heavens that the Packers have Ross on special teams. Ross has been the difference maker in their last two games, and after thinking about it, yeah I feel pretty comfortable putting the blame on his shoulders. Curse you Ross.
Yeah the Packers got jobbed a little, but let's assume the touchdown should have ended up being a field goal. They still lost by 6, so the 3 points don't matter.

The game ended pretty much what I expected--the Niners are good, and the Packers have some more work to do on defense.

Or, as I joke with the kids, the Packers lose for the good of the NFL. If they won every game and Super Bowl, everyone would get bored, thereby making the NFL implode. Every loss is a calculated hit for the good of all of us fans.

So you're welcome, everyone else. The Packers voluntarily lose to make your life better.
Yeah the Packers got jobbed a little, but let's assume the touchdown should have ended up being a field goal. They still lost by 6, so the 3 points don't matter.

The game ended pretty much what I expected--the Niners are good, and the Packers have some more work to do on defense.

Or, as I joke with the kids, the Packers lose for the good of the NFL. If they won every game and Super Bowl, everyone would get bored, thereby making the NFL implode. Every loss is a calculated hit for the good of all of us fans.

So you're welcome, everyone else. The Packers voluntarily lose to make your life better.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, the 49ers were the better team and got the win. But, the Packers had a very good chance at stealing the victory.
I don't think they were clearly a better team.

Let's simplify something here:

It was anybodies game. We took the lead, led by more than a FG with 7 minutes to go.
But as often is the case (see 2008), the defense couldn't close the door. No Mariano Rivera here.

But all this despite the fact that we were -2 in the turnover category, with 1 of them being a gift to the Niners on the Finley dropped pass=gift Int.
The other was a Lacy cough-up inside our own 10 or so, for that easy TD for the Niners.

And we all can agree the Niners got the benefit of the bad calls more than the Packers did. Or maybe you can't agree with that, but the previous is true......

And it was a very close game, in their ball park, with us missing a lot of KEY players, them not missing any players as key as our safety and LT and best slot cover CB.

I don't agree they were clearly the better team. Maybe barely, with all the breaks their way.

I've never been more satisfied or happy by a loss than this one, in my life.
The only one I can recall close to it is the loss at New England in week 15 of the 2010 season when Flynn started.
And good things happened after that one......

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they were clearly a better team.

Let's simplify something here:

It was anybodies game. We took the lead, led by more than a FG with 7 minutes to go.
But as often is the case (see 2008), the defense couldn't close the door. No Mariano Rivera here.

But all this despite the fact that we were -2 in the turnover category, with 1 of them being a gift to the Niners on the Finley dropped pass=gift Int.
The other was a Lacy cough-up inside our own 10 or so, for that easy TD for the Niners.

And we all can agree the Niners got the benefit of the bad calls more than the Packers did. Or maybe you can't agree with that, but the previous is true......

And it was a very close game, in their ball park, with us missing a lot of KEY players, them not missing any players as key as our safety and LT and best slot cover CB.

I don't agree they were clearly the better team. Maybe barely, with all the breaks their way.

I've never been more satisfied or happy by a loss than this one, in my life.
The only one I can recall close to it is the loss at New England in week 15 of the 2010 season when Flynn started.
And good things happened after that one......

Not missing any key players... like our #1 reciever?

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, clear penalty.
Not going to cause an injury though like, for example, the cut block Suh put on the Vikings OL on the Int return, down at the ACL.

The hit on Kapernick was penalty-worth, no denying.
But Colin would prefer that type of hit any day over what Bernie Pollard did to Brady or what was done to Carson Palmer.
I took a screen shot of the replay from nfl.com and was going to post the picture, but didn't feel like adding to the pile already going on lol. In the picture Kaep's foot is already touched about a full yard (yard + possibly) out of bounds, and Matthews still has contact with the ground, still in bounds. I think we've already come to the conclusion that the play was pretty blatant... But I guess the biased fan in me thinks that while it wasn't as egregious as Suh's boneheaded block, this play could have easily sent Kaep to the sideline with a concussion. I believe Steve Young suffered a concussion on a similar type fall: where you land on your back and the back of your head/helmet bounces off the ground. Matthews had his arm around his neck and literally rode his head/neck to the ground. How Kaep's head didn't hit the ground I'll never know, but I'm definitely thankful.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Um, Bakhtiari IS our LT. As well as he is doing at that position I doubt Bulaga will play anything other than RT when he returns.

That said, my last comment about Week 1.

Harbaugh is a whiny hypocritical little *****. For a guy *****ing about "punches" being thrown (which were thrown in self-defense) he needs to be reminded how he broke his hand back when he was a Colt. I really don't know which is more insufferable between him and Schwartz. Probably Schwartz, but it's a photo finish.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, Bakhtiari IS our LT. As well as he is doing at that position I doubt Bulaga will play anything other than RT when he returns.

That said, my last comment about Week 1.

Harbaugh is a whiny hypocritical little *****. For a guy *****ing about "punches" being thrown (which were thrown in self-defense) he needs to be reminded how he broke his hand back when he was a Colt. I really don't know which is more insufferable between him and Schwartz. Probably Schwartz, but it's a photo finish.

It's almost as bad as whining that they replayed the down when it should have been 1st & goal.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crabtree wouldn't be any higher than 3rd on our depth chart and most likely, 4th.

You're probably just googling his stats without really knowing anything about him. He blew the hell up after Kaepernick took over. He was hands down our number one receiver, as in there's not even a close second. Even after we traded for Bolden, he was still schemed as our number one before he got hurt.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol! Scrub? Whatever you're smoking please let me have some.
Simple stats. He has only eclipsed 1000 yards once in his 5 year career, which was last year. Never posted higher than 9 TD's, again last year's total. And only ever secured 85 catches max for his team as the featured WR. (2012)

As I said, scrub. Just because he's been the best WR on your team for the last 4 seasons doesn't mean that he is actually good. (All stats per NFL.com's player page for Crabtree)

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's almost as bad as whining that they replayed the down when it should have been 1st & goal.
No, should have been 4th and 2. Staley tried to pick a fight and CM3 took him up on it. A guy gets in your grill you have a right to defend yourself. The NFL saying they blew two calls on that play was a feeble attempt by them to save face.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're probably just googling his stats without really knowing anything about him. He blew the hell up after Kaepernick took over. He was hands down our number one receiver, as in there's not even a close second. Even after we traded for Bolden, he was still schemed as our number one before he got hurt.
Oh really? You knew what they were scheming for the 2013 season in OTA's? Who are you in the Niner's organization? Yeah he had a career year last year. Start doing that consistently and I'll prob change my opinion in 3 seasons after seeing a sufficient amount of proof otherwise. 1 year is just a fluke.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simple stats. He has only eclipsed 1000 yards once in his 5 year career, which was last year. Never posted higher than 9 TD's, again last year's total. And only ever secured 85 catches max for his team as the featured WR. (2012)

As I said, scrub. Just because he's been the best WR on your team for the last 4 seasons doesn't mean that he is actually good. (All stats per NFL.com's player page for Crabtree)

Are yes, just looking at stats on Google and you already know about a player. Just forget all about this little thing called Nuance.

You're comparing his total yards with Alex Smith at the helm on a run first offense - to an Aaron Rodgers throw first offense.

Try looking at his stats since Kaep has started, and also account for number of throw attempts per game as compared to Aaron Rodgers.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, should have been 4th and 2. Staley tried to pick a fight and CM3 took him up on it. A guy gets in your grill you have a right to defend yourself. The NFL saying they blew two calls on that play was a feeble attempt by them to save face.

I and the vice Pres. of NFL officiating both agree that Staley should not have been flagged.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are yes, just looking at stats on Google and you already know about a player. Just forget all about this little thing called Nuance.

You're comparing his total yards with Alex Smith at the helm on a run first offense - to an Aaron Rodgers throw first offense.

Try looking at his stats since Kaep has started, and also account for number of throw attempts per game as compared to Aaron Rodgers.
Already addressed what you're talking about here. quote the proper post.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I and the vice Pres. of NFL officiating both agree that Staley should not have been flagged.
Both opinions are invalid. I can read and comprehend the rules just fine. I, however, don't sit in position as the guy needing to please everybody and preserve the integrity of "the shield".

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh really? You knew what they were scheming for the 2013 season in OTA's? Who are you in the Niner's organization? Yeah he had a career year last year. Start doing that consistently and I'll prob change my opinion in 3 seasons after seeing a sufficient amount of proof otherwise. 1 year is just a fluke.

Ummm... you seem to be missing this small little fact that most of his stats come from the second half of last year, when this little tiny change happened at the quarterback position

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've also watched Crabtree play enough over the last 4 seasons. I watch a lot of football man, not just Packer games. Yes, I am using stats in the post to quantify his skill. Sorry you have a problem with numbers saying that your "#1" guy is an inconsistent scrub.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews had his arm around his neck and literally rode his head/neck to the ground.
I'm not going to let a misrepresentation of the truth like this go unchallenged. He NOT ride him to the ground by his head and neck. He had his arm across his right shoulder and grabbed his jersey mid-chest. Nice lie try though.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So announcing two ways that the refs screwed up is his way of "preserving the integrity of the Shield"?
They're trying to make it sound like it all evened out in the end, which is ******** and we both know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts