49'er Game Betting Line

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The betting line for the game in beautiful northern California has the 49'ers 5 point favorites and the over/under is 43.5 points.

Can the Packers muster 17 points?
Can they hold the 49'ers to 28 points or less?

Unfortunately, I think the 49'ers will cover the spread. 2nd year QB Alex Smith is much improved this year with the Niners running a better offense and having a rushing attack. ESPN should glow about how he has shown great progress in his "development".

The 49'ers are only one game out of playoff position. They beat the vikings, split with the Rams and lost to Philthydelphia. They have the same conference record as Carolina.

There are a number of scenarios for them to make the playoffs. In a nut shell they need either Philthydelphia or the Giants to start winning games while the other goes on a losing streak. Their biggest obstacle will be their final game in Denver.

They have about a 1 of 3 chance of making the playoffs even if only at 8-8.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea gore might make our d look horrible. we have given up over 300 yards rushing in the last 2 weeks. :shock:

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those numbers look about right to me. If the teams were even SF would have a 1-3 point edge at home. So 5-6 is about right. Also cannot argue with over/under.

GB has a chance to make this a close game and possibly even win, but I see few scenerios where the total would be north of 45 points.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on you guys actually think we would lose to the niners ... if we stop gore the team is stopped ... there defense is as good as us ... and alex smith cant even get anything going ...

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a betting man, but I would bet the over. Its the 2 worst defenses in the league. That being said, our offense hasnt exactly been that great either.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a betting man, but I would bet the over. Its the 2 worst defenses in the league. That being said, our offense hasnt exactly been that great either.

Yes but we have favre... come on ... he is the niner killer

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gore is going to be all over us. It isnt going to be pretty. But hey at least we are not playin in Lambeau and loosing right? ;)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both teams score in the 30's to be honest. We may have the worse Defense in Football but the 49ers have the 2nd worse one and a very slow one at that.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners Played the Saints last week, the Saints have a worse rushing Defense then us the give up a yard more per carry and on average about 20 more yards a game, they held Gore to 40 yards and Alex Smith threw 3 picks 2 of which went to Mckenzie and if they let that loser get 2 picks then we should get some. If our team shows up and plays good for a change we can win but thats a big IF.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot we get to play Mark Roman hopefully DD or Jennings will burn his ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can make the playoffs at 8-8 cant we assuming we win 4 straight?

the number of teams we have to pass is that much more for being one win down from the 5-7's at this point...im gonna say no, 3-1, even 2-2 for december wouldn't be all bad and go 7-9 best case

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to pretend it 96 and I'm preparing for this to be the game of the week. Even though our run D hasn;t been great lately I'd still rather be playing a running team then a passing attack

Jesus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers will win. they play good at home and face it, the packers suck.

Members online

Latest posts