44th ELGTON JENKINS MISSISSIPPI STATE C

H

HardRightEdge

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I think we’re really gonna like what Elgton offers as time goes on. He seems to have the positional flexibility of a Don Barclay, which really helps his cause going forward.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think we’re really gonna like what Elgton offers as time goes on. He seems to have the positional flexibility of a Don Barclay, which really helps his cause going forward.

You had me until you said "Don Barclay" ;) All I can think of was this game:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...nals-left-tackle-start-total-nightmare-122915

OK, so for what Braclay cost us (UDFA), he ended up being an "ok" backup for the price, but pretty much anytime he was trotted out there, all I could think about was him totally blowing a block and Rodgers getting destroyed as a result.

Let's hope that Jenkins ends up being a much better multi-position offensive lineman than Barclay. :D

D

Deleted member 6794

Hopefully Jenkins will perform at a better level than Barclay though.

Reaction score
Hopefully Jenkins will perform at a better level than Barclay though.
Correct. I was referring to his ability to move around the line. You guys don’t let anything get by! It was easier sneaking over the barbwire fence of our local College football games and sneaking up through the bleachers without being caught :whistling:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see former Badger G Michael Dieter having a good rookie camp and preseason in Miami, he is being projected as the starting LG, not bad for a 3rd rounder.

I follow a few Miami beat writers, and they haven't seemed too enthused about him. But it's the pre-season, hard to take away a lot.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to brag, but when it comes to saying stupid stuff, I'm probably near the top if we're ranking stuff

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Upon further review... I’ve said some stupid stuff but I’m not going to delete it, I’m going to just take my lumps. :cry:
I think most of us knew what you meant, multi-positional guy on the OL. But yeah, if I ever catch you saying "I hope this guy can be the next Jeff Janis like WR", I'm gauging your eyes out. :geek:

H

HardRightEdge

Correct. I was referring to his ability to move around the line. You guys don’t let anything get by! It was easier sneaking over the barbwire fence of our local College football games and sneaking up through the bleachers without being caught :whistling:
It helps if you have wire cutters, so to speak. ;)

Reaction score
It helps if you have wire cutters, so to speak. ;)
Yes. Sounds like Shaw Shank redemption! :tup:
I needed to go in at will (without paying $) leaving no trace of destruction... and cutting the fence in half might draw some attention! :ninja:
btw, I think we should nickname Elgton “Mississippi”. They did that to Favre and it inspired him to play harder!

Last edited:

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are in top form today. Grilling and trying to get any Packer info and you have me laughing me **** off. Really bad when I am taking a drink as I open new posts to a thread, like this one. You are dangerous to my electronics guys.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It can be a tough crowd......

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins strength coming our of college was his ability to play all along the line. Good addition considering the injuries across the OL. And I got what you were saying. Geez!

H

HardRightEdge

Jenkins strength coming our of college was his ability to play all along the line. Good addition considering the injuries across the OL. And I got what you were saying. Geez!
What we're seeing now is he's a good pass blocker but needs work in run blocking. If you don't believe me see the PFF grades quoted above. What I've noticed is he has trouble dialing in on his target at the second level. I haven't watched him on every play, but it kinda jumped out a couple of times where the defender evaded him pretty easily. It's much better to have a guy start out this way than the other way around.

So what does LeFleur value more at LG? Taylor with his experiece and probably a better run blocker at this moment? Or the new guy with upside? That it's the blind side might mean something. Maybe not. We'll see who's out there with the starters next week if they in fact take the field.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything I have ever read about him says he is a fantastic center. If that is the case; I believe it is an important enough position to put our best player there. Most likely him.

H

HardRightEdge

Everything I have ever read about him says he is a fantastic center. If that is the case; I believe it is an important enough position to put our best player there. Most likely him.
Maybe in 2021 when Linsley is a free agent. Or "next guy up" if Linsley is injured. Not before.

Brace yourself for less kind responses. :cautious:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably an inside linebacker. Actually, I would like to see Jenkins at center and Linsley at guard. But maybe Linsley can't play there very well...so trade him while he still looks good. I just don't believe all the hype on him. I thought we should have kept the other center that went to Cleveland and is starting there. I have a higher opinion on what a center brings to the line than most...certainly a lot more than TT had.

H

HardRightEdge

Probably an inside linebacker. Actually, I would like to see Jenkins at center and Linsley at guard. But maybe Linsley can't play there very well...so trade him while he still looks good. I just don't believe all the hype on him. I thought we should have kept the other center that went to Cleveland and is starting there. I have a higher opinion on what a center brings to the line than most...certainly a lot more than TT had.
Good luck.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Obviously not that much more when you cant even remember his name and just reference him as "the center that went to Cleveland"

Not sure about the TT dig there at the end either. He didnt value the position because he wouldn't pay Tretter like a starter to be a backup on the line when he had a guy that entrenched himself in the starting role on a rookie salary? Like wtf?

(also most people have center as 2nd, after LT, or 3rd, after LT/RT, most important position on the line so unless you rate Center as more important than LT I'm not sure how you can rank Center higher then most other people)

Members online

Latest posts