44th ELGTON JENKINS MISSISSIPPI STATE C

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason Packer fans have always had love affairs with the OL. I have not liked our running game for quite awhile now and though I don't blame that on Lindley; I don't think he helps. Not any push around the goal line and drafted (probably late) in the fifth round. This guy is 2nd round and early and I have always thought a great center makes the whole line better.

Who in the world is Lindley??!!

Reaction score
Today, We needed a formidable OL + an O weapon (WR, TE, RB). We got exactly that. Maybe not **** picks. but we now have another piece to protect Rodgers and nothing happens unless he stays on his feet and is given targets who know how to get separation early and often.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Wow. How many snaps was that?

I just found that in the last 2 years, 1700 snaps, he has given up 1 sack and 12 hurries.

here's that post I was referring to earlier, it was from PFF.

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really like this pick. Makes me hate the Turner contract even more though

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I've been skeptical of Taylor as a fit in a wide zone running game. It would seem the Packers might be as well.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't realize how big he is. Huge hands.

He's got the production, the agility, the size...this is a day 1 starter at LG with the versatility to play all 3 iOL spots. That's really valuable.

I like this pick a lot.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nah. his contract isn't that big a deal. he's a sure starter and that's better than throwing a rookie out there.

I guess we definitely disagree with him a sure starter or that his contract is no big deal. He was only a sure starter for us due to lack of options before this pick and his contract jumps up next year with minimal savings if cut.

Love this pick but to me it pretty much says we're paying a significant amount of money for a backup swing Tackle the next two years

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we definitely disagree with him a sure starter or that his contract is no big deal. He was only a sure starter for us due to lack of options before this pick and his contract jumps up next year with minimal savings if cut.

Love this pick but to me it pretty much says we're paying a significant amount of money for a backup swing Tackle the next two years

Turner is starting.

LT: Bakh
LG: Jenkins
C: Linsley
RG: Turner
RT: Bulaga

Turner also has the ability to play both tackle spots. That's valuable. His deal wasn't a deal, or great, by any means, but I don't think it was bad either. Just ok.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Turner is starting.

LT: Bakh
LG: Jenkins
C: Linsley
RG: Turner
RT: Bulaga

Turner also has the ability to play both tackle spots. That's valuable. His deal wasn't a deal, or great, by any means, but I don't think it was bad either. Just ok.

Yeah I dont see Taylor being the one that loses his starting job with this selection. Simply put hes just a better Guard then Turner.

Sure theres value in having a swing Tackle as a guy comming off the bench in Turner. Just not what we'll be paying him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe somebody has already mentioned this, but Lindsley becomes a Free Agent after 2020. This may just be long term planning for a guy who can play quite a few positions on the OL, back up Lindsley if needed and eventually take over his spot in 2021.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping he plays center and Lindsley can try out for guard. And back up center.

Why would you want to move a very effective center? Are you just assuming Linsley can play guard as well as he plays center? Why not let the new guy play guard (from everything I read he can) and let him be the backup center. It makes no sense to me to move Linsley to guard but I like the idea of having a backup center who just might be able to take over for Linsley should he happen to not be here one day.

You have to remember that we didn't have this guy back when we signed Turner. i know a lot of people expected us to draft a guard but we really needed more than just one so Tuner gave us options. I'm guessing that if we hadn't had turner Gute's board may have looked a little different and we may have gone OL sooner.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I dont see Taylor being the one that loses his starting job with this selection. Simply put hes just a better Guard then Turner.

Sure theres value in having a swing Tackle as a guy comming off the bench in Turner. Just not what we'll be paying him.

Why do you think Taylor is better than Turner? I'm simply just intrigued in you stating your case.

I can understand the position that Turner's contract is a little rich.

Personally, I think Jenkins can start over either Day 1, and the coaching staff would plug him wherever they see fit between LG or RG. I do think it's Turner's job to lose but I could definitely see a 3 way battle between Turner, Madison, and Taylor for the opposite Guard spot.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you watch Taylor last year? He was putrid. And he doesn't exactly fit the new scheme very well, imo. They didn't pay Billy Turner all that money to be a backup. Trust that.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elgton fits LG perfectly. Typically your LG has a little better movement skills, good strength, and size. Jenkins provides that.

I really can't see Lane Taylor starting over him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if he'll be a week 1 starter, but I could definitely see it by weeks 4-6.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

There's just no way that they paid Turner only to turn around and draft someone to take his spot.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but rarely do they admit it. Signing a shiny new free agent to a big contract and then not starting him with a 2nd round rookie would look really dumb, and these guys don't want to look dumb.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but rarely do they admit it. Signing a shiny new free agent to a big contract and then not starting him with a 2nd round rookie would look really dumb, and these guys don't want to look dumb.

Sometimes you are drafting for the future and not looking for an immediate starter.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes you are drafting for the future and not looking for an immediate starter.
And in my fantasy world the coaches won't be so worried about looking dumb as putting the best players on the field.

Members online

Latest posts